[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
few things that would allow to win easier
Forum Index » Bug Reports
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I'm going to give a vote to everyone disagreeing with you. I'm not willing to go over my turn so that every possibility is covered, that could take hours. And if you don't do that, you really aren't cheating to began with. "Trying out strategies" is something I can do mentally, and everyone can do with a paper and pencil.

I feel like it is cheating to use redo to see through fog of war before you act, but, honestly, its not a game changer. At best, you sacrifice a 250 unit to see what the opponents doing (without redo).

And even if you can get different stats, its not going to be much more than +1, and again, this could take hours that I'm not willing to spend.

Yes, I edited a bunch of times, I make spelling errors too. Lastly, if you win a significant amount of games with 2300, than you might have a point, but I'm inclined to believe you only won once

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 03, 2016 07:25

drumstep

drumstep

Amidama, your logic falls apart. There are two possible scenarios for the game against the 2300 you played, either you both used redo or only you did. If both of you used redo (and it is highly likely that they also knew about it), then it wasn't a significant factor in deciding the winner, and you simply played better. If they did not know about redo, it stands against your claim that redo is necessary to become a top player, because they reached 2300 without it.
amidama

amidama

drumstep wrote:Amidama, your logic falls apart. There are two possible scenarios for the game against the 2300 you played, either you both used redo or only you did. If both of you used redo (and it is highly likely that they also knew about it), then it wasn't a significant factor in deciding the winner, and you simply played better. If they did not know about redo, it stands against your claim that redo is necessary to become a top player, because they reached 2300 without it.

this player is for sure know about the turn redo, he told about it many times
i did use turn redo. he most likely didnt.
probably expecting that such new player as i will not do it either. Im not a good player in general, because you cant become a good player in a less than a week(i ditn play this game before). We played unranked match, what mean that using redo isnt neccecary, because there is no loss if you fail. This player may be using turn redo in rated games, because he knows about it even more than I, and he can use it even more efficiently. its just question of time spent, and desire to do such thing.
I hope you can see my logic now.
amidama

amidama

apercent make _me_ sure that you are not using the turn redo, and we could have as many matches as you want, and if I will be using it - i will win in a major part of games. I cant win any 2300 player, because they are actually good _and_ using the turn redo. but if only I will be using it, and they will not - i guess i have a pretty good chances.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

If you won vs me, its cause I'm horrible at this game, but I'll invite you 3 games, and we'll see how superior your tactics make you.

So, to clarify, I'm not really out here to see who wins, but how. Besides, you really haven't proved anything. All you say is MAYBE you'd win, and not why.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04, 2016 01:35

amidama

amidama

and i did win, of course.. by redoing each turn 5 times, or something like that to avoid any mistake.

Hakumen
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

(@_@)~* Many logic discussions in English.

I agree with you that a turn redoing shouldn't be considered as normal.

I hope in the future developers will eliminate it by live sync with the server for every move.
By doing that, this game still require much less data transfer than a full real-time game like starcarft.

But as today it's exist, I still using it sometimes, perhaps once in many days.
When I did some move really wrong.

If you get used to this game, you won't have to do it oftenly.
For the attack formulations, you can imagine it in your head.
For the scout you can send high-vision units to do the job.
That will save your time to do the real thing in your real life.

But if you're just start playing this game, I think you should better of don't using it.
Then you can practice your brain in imagine the battle plan, finding proper scout to give you informations.
Exercising your brain, Isn't that the reason you pick this game?

If you use it right after you start playing uniwar and reach the high rank.
I'm afraid that's, in fact, compromise your ability in the long run.
You'll have to depending on it. Reset every turn multiple times.
Spend an hour just to finish 1 game slots.
While most experienced players can use their own brain to redo the whole turn many many times in their heads and finish 1 game slot in 5-15 minutes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08, 2016 11:52

amidama

amidama

building a scout for this purpose only meanloosing some credits for nothing (and loosing)
building a sequence of attack in your mind doesnt give you info about damage sequence. you have to do it once in real life to actually know your damage sequence.

Hakumen
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

.... But doing that cost you much more time.
Isn't that more expensive than your Uniwar's credit ?

And although it's not an actual damage, building an attack sequences in your mind can give you an approximate one.
wolkenwand

wolkenwand

The main thing is this redo technique is an anomaly, an unintended side effect. Now does the developer want to fix it by uploading player position per moving unit, OR want to embrace this anomaly and create button to do it with more conveniently because the redo that currenctly exist is very "untidy" which is not cool.

Im prefering the developer to fix it though
Forum Index » Bug Reports