[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Team tournaments - 2:2, 3:3, 4:4
Forum Index » Tournaments
GOUT

GOUT

Yes, reducing or eliminating player 1 Rd 1 credit drought in team games is a good idea Xavi. I think all high level players I know either support this or are neutral about. Don't know anyone opposed.

Eliminating neutral bases much more controversial. So glad that has been nixed for the time being
Zedobbo

Zedobbo

This topic of team game balance needs to be revisited as team 2 has advantage most of the time.

We can all agree that 1v1 games are generally balanced. This is because player one gets to move first and player two gets base resources first. In 2v2 game there is a large influence by player 3 (team 2) because of the base resource and movement before player 4 (team 1). This re-introduces the imbalance that would happen if player 1 were to get base resources on the 1st turn in a 1v1 match. The obvious fix, to me, is to treat all odd numbered players the same as player 1 is treated in a 1v1 match. Each team will receive the same number of resource but the "player 1's" in each individual matchup stay balanced.

This is a real problem. Please do not continue to ignore it.
Bakes

Bakes

In team tourneys you get to pick race. For group play shouldn't the first tie breaker become the head to head matchup followed by rounds in wins?
Kcep

Kcep

Big question for 2vs2 tournament http://www.uniwar.com/tournament.page?tournament=pro2vs2ratedmay17

What are the victory requirements?

I am playing titans and my turn is the last one (so i'm moving on 4th place). On Round 15 i kill all Titans units and place my units over his bases. So the situation is - all their bases are captured or being held by our units and they have no units left. So it SHOULD be victory for us. But when i press "finish move" button, the turn is just goes to my teammate and we dont win. Is this a bug? Its really critical, because its semifinals and we should've gine to finals with 1 round advance over our opponents, but now it isnt possible. So i wanna ask again - what the hell?

The Impaler

The Impaler

50% credits start:

To speak from the perspective of the map makers, this would unbalance all of their maps (and some of them have 50+ maps). for those that take time to properly balance, they have taken this into account. obviously many people do not know how to set initial credits and that is why we get this issue, but that is rewarding bad maps and punishing the good ones. by altering the number of bases captured on start, starting credits and credits per base, you can create whatever balance you want. if you want +50% credits for one team, have them start with extra bases already captured equal in value to that 50% starting credits (and have the other team start with a marine on top of an uncaptured base).

and kcep, you likely got outsmarted by a buried underling. covering bases only ends the game if all units are killed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2017 02:38

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
bankol

bankol

I have a proposal regarding team tournaments.
My proposal is to make possible to choose races for your team for incoming tournament round (each tournament separately) before it starts. Best if your choice would not be visible for other players, only defeault setup which is now for random games.
Whether it would be done from website or app - don't care, but it would be really helpful to make game more fair.

Choosing races is very important on high level of play. Currently it's sometimes very hard to choose races if next round of 2 tournaments starts at the same time or You get wrong setup because 1 of tournaments starts earlier (everybody finish games before time). It's very hard to track it and make good choices if you are involved in many tournaments and a lot of teams are.

Regards
bankol
Forum Index » Tournaments