[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Sorry guys, the new "feature" to pay for undo is not welcome
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

Well this is almost fum to watch. Here's my two cents worth. Seems to me that there are many uniwarriors (the ones who dont chat or read the forum) who do not know how to undo your turn for free. I feel like this should be something added to the tutorial or have it posted in big bold italic red letters somewhere. Once people see this they will realize there is no drama concerning paying for convenience.
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Although I don't like uniwarriors able to reset their battle operations,
this maybe the most practical way to recruit money for supporting this game.

And I'll support developers by buying 1 turn reset instead of switching my account.
Which according to my playing habit, my 200 unigold should be last for months.

But, just one critic : What's your opinion about titan players who buy infinite undo
and teleport mecha to see the entire map then restart every turns ?

That's sound really close to a pay for win in my opinion.
In the real war knowledge is power. And so for this Uniwar.

And in the rated team game, especially in a team tournament
Teammates may ask titan players to teleport all the map and report what the positions of artilleries, ships etc.
Then they'll be upset when they know their titan teammate doesn't buy an infinite undo yet.

Maybe you can fix this by blindfold mecha being in teleport.
And compensate by increase titan speeder's vision from 6 to 8.
[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

volf wrote:Well this is almost fum to watch. Here's my two cents worth. Seems to me that there are many uniwarriors (the ones who dont chat or read the forum) who do not know how to undo your turn for free. I feel like this should be something added to the tutorial or have it posted in big bold italic red letters somewhere. Once people see this they will realize there is no drama concerning paying for convenience.

I made tutorial for turn reset, can you check is subtitles are correct in English?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzeveSXD9ag

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

StarryBlink wrote:Although I don't like uniwarriors able to reset their battle operations,
this maybe the most practical way to recruit money for supporting this game.

And I'll support developers by buying 1 turn reset instead of switching my account.
Which according to my playing habit, my 200 unigold should be last for months.

But, just one critic : What's your opinion about titan players who buy infinite undo
and teleport mecha to see the entire map then restart every turns ?

That's sound really close to a pay for win in my opinion.
In the real war knowledge is power. And so for this Uniwar.

And in the rated team game, especially in a team tournament
Teammates may ask titan players to teleport all the map and report what the positions of artilleries, ships etc.
Then they'll be upset when they know their titan teammate doesn't buy an infinite undo yet.

Maybe you can fix this by blindfold mecha being in teleport.
And compensate by increase titan speeder's vision from 6 to 8.

What you're talking about is already possible for free, and may commonly be done.

I would love to see vision scores reduced across the board, and make teleported Titan units have a vision on zero to prevent this. Maybe we should make a formal request to Xavi. This would certainly help to bring fog of war back to the game.... Not sure what bad side effects it would have though...

Edit: thinking about it a bit, I think it'll create more problems than it is worth

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26, 2016 15:40

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

There will be a reduction in vision for all? units.

Don't think it is possible now to have different vision in cooldown than normal...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

I don't agree with reduce visions for all units.
That's sound like forcing players to reset their turn for a vision. Otherwise you're blind.

I guess most players, including me, just pay 2 unigold for an undo. Not buying an infinite one.
Then they should reset their turn only when they really make a mistake, not for a vision.
Thus the current unit's visions is already fine.
Except only teleporting mecha/eclipse for a vision that is too much.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Turn resets have been a fact of life for awhile. Absolutely agree this should be publicly highlighted so it is not a disadvantage for newer players.

In some ways they made the game more tedious but they also removed the thing that periodically brought me to rage, which is a game getting ruined because of a thumb fumble. I once threw my phone across the room once when I trashed a close, long-developed game I was enjoying by moving a unit to the wrong place and losing it. Now (especially with the improved 'end turn' confirmation, thank you thank you!) it is always a desired move that is submitted.

For any readers not aware, resets are completely standard and expected in competitive play. Mainly it means people are submitting a pretty well-considered and optimized move. Showing the real predicted damage for a given move took out some of the tedium of turn resets (when they were used just to see what damage a particular attack would give). That's still done to see different damage sequences when there is a critical damage question (like whether a heli will get left with 1 health or 0). At this point as I play the game regularly, there's a lot of tediously changing accounts just to scrub moves, and a turn reset button is absolutely welcome at this point.

Also, I've gotten more enjoyment out of this game than any other game I've purchased in the past decade, including PC games that sell for $100, so I really appreciate the opportunity to show appreciation by supporting the devs with more purchases of something. If those with concerns have a better idea what to offer for pay by all means make suggestions. It is not correct to say that this feature gives one player more advantage than the other – you can still reset just as players are routinely doing today.

The game itself is free now. If you don't want to support the developers, then keep resetting by switching to a 2nd account. If you want to support the developers with a few dollars and have a convenience feature, you have an opportunity.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

waxoid wrote:Turn resets have been a fact of life for awhile. Absolutely agree this should be publicly highlighted so it is not a disadvantage for newer players.

In some ways they made the game more tedious but they also removed the thing that periodically brought me to rage, which is a game getting ruined because of a thumb fumble. I once threw my phone across the room once when I trashed a close, long-developed game I was enjoying by moving a unit to the wrong place and losing it. Now (especially with the improved 'end turn' confirmation, thank you thank you!) it is always a desired move that is submitted.

For any readers not aware, resets are completely standard and expected in competitive play. Mainly it means people are submitting a pretty well-considered and optimized move. Showing the real predicted damage for a given move took out some of the tedium of turn resets (when they were used just to see what damage a particular attack would give). That's still done to see different damage sequences when there is a critical damage question (like whether a heli will get left with 1 health or 0). At this point as I play the game regularly, there's a lot of tediously changing accounts just to scrub moves, and a turn reset button is absolutely welcome at this point.

Also, I've gotten more enjoyment out of this game than any other game I've purchased in the past decade, including PC games that sell for $100, so I really appreciate the opportunity to show appreciation by supporting the devs with more purchases of something. If those with concerns have a better idea what to offer for pay by all means make suggestions. It is not correct to say that this feature gives one player more advantage than the other – you can still reset just as players are routinely doing today.

The game itself is free now. If you don't want to support the developers, then keep resetting by switching to a 2nd account. If you want to support the developers with a few dollars and have a convenience feature, you have an opportunity.

+100000000

Am I your clone?? That all feels so... Right :p
Patrius

Patrius

Wow, guys. I can't believe what I'm reading.

The developers are directly selling in-game multiplayer advantages for a game that people already paid to buy, and the running excuse is "Well, it's not really unfair, because you can exploit a weird loop-hole in the system by switching accounts!"

That's probably the least mature stance I've ever seen a developer take, in my 20+ years game development experience. Bravo.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Patrius wrote:Wow, guys. I can't believe what I'm reading.

The developers are directly selling in-game multiplayer advantages for a game that people already paid to buy, and the running excuse is "Well, it's not really unfair, because you can exploit a weird loop-hole in the system by switching accounts!"

That's probably the least mature stance I've ever seen a developer take, in my 20+ years game development experience. Bravo.

The fact here is that uniwar client upload the result from a complete turn to the server when you press end turn. Before that the battle result is kept in the client, so there has always been possible to reset the turn by removing game data or logging in and out of different accounts. It is possible to remove the last option (logging back and forth between accounts), but not the option to clear cache or uninstall/install the game - as long as the whole turn is uploaded at the end.
The only possible way to remove "redo" is to change the game a lot so it uploads-move-by-move instead of current method.

So as long as redo is technically possible - why not make it awailable easier to all, not only the experienced players that knew this ? The undo-button is for those players that want an even more convenient way to undo a turn than the other and free methods.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18, 2016 11:55

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Sims, I think that for many players who are more casual, they never bothered to set up a second account. These players already paid for the app before it was free. So now the game has become pay to win for them.

And then new players, well, when they downloaded the app, the opportunity to pay money to gain an edge feels unfair.

Personally I agree with what was written above. I love uniwar and the chance to give back to the devs is great. But I do think that this could have been done better. New and casual players are legitimately upset.

And lastly... Having infinite turn redo does effectively eliminate fog of war. I never used the switch accounts turn redo to just see what my enemies built. But now I often scout and reset. Definitely a competitive advantage.
[Avatar]
fleabite

[Avatar]
fleabite

Add me to the growing list of devoted players who are upset by this move. I have played this game continuously since purchasing it over 6 years ago. I guess I'm a chump for rarely reading the forums until now. I had no idea other players were taking advantage of this exploit. Apparently every game I play is with one hand tied behind my back.

Don't even try to couch this exploit as normal play; as I recall, having multiple accounts is explicitly forbidden. I still recall the notification going out years ago. Therefore, anyone doing it is, by definition, a cheater. Now the dev, apparently unable or unwilling to end this exploit, wants to solve it by selling the honest players an even playing field? Of course, I'm angry! If the dev can't fix the exploit that knowledgable players are using, the answer is NOT to turn it into revenue generation. Fixes should be free; upgrades should be bought. I would have gladly paid again for MANY of the past added features, such as HD graphics.

If players are so eager to fix accidental moves, let's go back to undo last move, not undo your whole freaking turn! Have I ever been so angry about an accidental move to consider throwing my phone? Yes. Have I ever truly considered throwing it? Not until now!
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

fleabite wrote:Add me to the growing list of devoted players who are upset by this move. I have played this game continuously since purchasing it over 6 years ago. I guess I'm a chump for rarely reading the forums until now. I had no idea other players were taking advantage of this exploit. Apparently every game I play is with one hand tied behind my back.

Don't even try to couch this exploit as normal play; as I recall, having multiple accounts is explicitly forbidden. I still recall the notification going out years ago. Therefore, anyone doing it is, by definition, a cheater. Now the dev, apparently unable or unwilling to end this exploit, wants to solve it by selling the honest players an even playing field? Of course, I'm angry! If the dev can't fix the exploit that knowledgable players are using, the answer is NOT to turn it into revenue generation. Fixes should be free; upgrades should be bought. I would have gladly paid again for MANY of the past added features, such as HD graphics.

If players are so eager to fix accidental moves, let's go back to undo last move, not undo your whole freaking turn! Have I ever been so angry about an accidental move to consider throwing my phone? Yes. Have I ever truly considered throwing it? Not until now!

I can't really disagree with anything you're saying. I understand why you're upset.

But let's at least acknowledge, that for you, the game hasn't actually changed. You're just now aware of the infidelity.

It doesn't make Uniwar not a great game. I think we can agree that any game that holds attention for years is a great game. But I can see how this would frustrate you... But I am okay with it.

Much love

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

ye, I gotta agree with everyone here, I paid this game and the pay to win market will upset the old players (those who bought it before it went free), microtransaction-ish contents you guys have right now is gonna be an eventually bad idea. I seen it in some games and heard that from Payday 2. The permission to chat with coins is already a bad idea, I mean why pay for some chat that isn't supposed to be priced? Some alternatives I could give is to make a different skin content for each race, it's like choose a color, but with different designs from each race, maybe price a game mode or two (like my Heavy Fog mode idea). There's more I could think off, but I'll just stop right here

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

How about this? We make an easy to find tutorial on redo in uniwar, and than give you the convient button, so it cannot be interpreted as a pay to play. That way, we can keep the redo button (that I support), and not anger new players

Also, I agree with lkasr about the chat pass. That's never turned out well in other games.
Forum Index » General Discussion