[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Board Game: Professional Version
Forum Index » General Discussion
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Xavi by any chance do higher quality image files exist?
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

http://www.uniwar.com/assets/game/index.html

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Higher quality than that...
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Best I could find. I want to make a Uni T shirt. But will need to do extensive cleanup of expanded artwork (those don't look good at all blown up to a printable 10-12" across I've no idea if any cleaner/larger images can be found.

Teams (Members)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

The Uniwar logo looks pretty good on a newborn onesie... My boys both sported it. Can't believe my anti Uniwar wife bought it for them!
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

mistercreepy wrote:The Uniwar logo looks pretty good on a newborn onesie... My boys both sported it. Can't believe my anti Uniwar wife bought it for them!

She's probably looking at the bright side. She could be a world of warcrack widow :o

Teams (Members)
nindatana

nindatana

Oh wow, these look awesome. Thanks for sharing print files. I wonder how thick of card stock my little printer can handle...

I can't wait to try it out. I concur with needing to make it simple for newbies or those of middling interest, but there's no reason one can't have alternate rule sets.

The tiles look great and I like the idea of having the terrain modifiers printed right on them. The stands and upright cards look goofy, though my imagination has so far failed to conjure up a possible viable alternative. Maybe just not having a white background would help.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

nindatana wrote:Oh wow, these look awesome. Thanks for sharing print files. I wonder how thick of card stock my little printer can handle...

I can't wait to try it out. I concur with needing to make it simple for newbies or those of middling interest, but there's no reason one can't have alternate rule sets.

The tiles look great and I like the idea of having the terrain modifiers printed right on them. The stands and upright cards look goofy, though my imagination has so far failed to conjure up a possible viable alternative. Maybe just not having a white background would help.

Could 3D print some units

Other than that I think the upright cards might be the best idea. Maybe framing them ala MtG would help
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

I find general card stock works well for game chits. I print so front/back is on same side and fold on top. temp bases can be pennies that give weight to bottom using clay that does not harden permantly.

As to 3d printing, while I know thats a possiblity but there are companies that you can by gaming pieces from already. I know we do that for our world dom game (think axis and allies on steroids) and I'll find the company to link for those wanting pieces.

Till then heres a resource link
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Gaming_Bits_Suppliers

For uniwar I'd use generic pieces (tank infantry art etc) for the pieces and a card underneath for stats.

Teams (Members)
mdambra

mdambra

Mistercreepy, Your wife is anti Uniwar too? I think our wives would get a long. I'm always hearing, "You're still playing that game??"

Although my wife has been my best play tester of the board game. So maybe she's coming around.
[Avatar]
Colony

[Avatar]
Colony

That looks so bass ass! Really great job on this dude!

What's an airport?
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

It was a while ago that another UniWarrior and I were connecting about 3d printing pieces. He was designing them in a software program, they looked pretty sweet.

I hope to have another prototype out end of the year, with just laminated maps instead of individual tiles, so it can easily be print on demand. If there ends up being a strong desire for this I'm sure that I can up the quality level... And if we end up wanting super customization, I think the minimum print run I've seen is 1000 units. I doubt this would tear up Kickstarter so that order would have to be seen as an "investment", haha.
Forum Index » General Discussion