[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Unit idea - Colossal Units *poll*!
Forum Index » New Feature Request
What say you to colossal units?
HECK YES!!! MUST HAVE NOW 13% [ 3 ]
Sign me up! 13% [ 3 ]
I could go either way 13% [ 3 ]
I don't like it 21% [ 5 ]
Good idea, but needs balanced extensively before I would agree 42% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 24
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

As for the salvation, I think it should share a race ability.

The kraken can bury, like underlings, and that's a khralean race about

Sentiental can use uv, which is an titan ability

Salvation... I know that emps are outta the question, but maybe give them a move after attack? Maybe instead of being able to shoot 3 times, they can spawn mini jets that can move after attack, but have to return to the salvation to refuel. Or maybe the salvation cna just move after attacking.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

The Salvations race ability is mobility
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Hmmmm... Not quite the level of excitement we were expecting.

*concerned look at crates full of Sentinel action figures*

Unmmmmm what if we increased costs. Or shaved off some stat points. Or added some stat points ?

Any feedback, or just opposition to the idea itself here? :p
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:42

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

amidama wrote:its just too different from what we have right now and chances that peopl ewwill able to use it is quite low. if you have 200 income and waiting 8 turns - you will loose anyway. and if you have that spare money - then you will win anyway.
reduce their price to 1000 maximum. in practice all what they actually need is a armor of 18 - it alone will ensure 1-2 hp damage max and its the only thing that is actually needed. such fat unit may work as a wall, but not really a fighting unit (because for such money you can have much bigger damage from other units, and enemy will not stay near anyway).

it may work as a slowly moving bunker that can destoy anything near so that enemy will not even dare to stand nearby.
massive attack (all units around, like UV with a distance of 1) will make it even more in such role.

there isnt any point in doing anything else for such unit, apart from close combat defence, because it will not able to move as fast as required, imho

and check your mail, duanesk, ive sent you a mail inside this forum somehow, not sure if you will get it.

Oh yeah I see the mail. Thank you for the defense recommendation. 16-18 range I think is where I'm looking.

As for the price point, you are correct on MOST competitive maps for sure.

Where I think these units would be useful, valuable, and hopefully fun is on larger maps, team games, or medium size maps with large credits per turn. I just got in a ranked game with a medium map with 900/turn.. So there are maps where 1500 is nothing.

I really wouldn't want 1000 as the price point for these units as they wouldn't be able to be as powerful overall, and they would be more likely to affect the competitive environment
amidama

amidama

=0

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:42

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Well on 900/turn its obvious. Those maps are rare though agreed.

A much more common map is the 300ish/turn "build up" style map where the map isn't dynamically forcing players to conflict. I see these units being employed in those maps as well. And the timing there would be critical, since it takes so long to save up
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Other possibilities:

The collosal unit must stay alive, if it dies, you lose.
The collosal unit does not have a particularly strong attack but buffs the attack defense and heal of neighboring units. Kind of more like a general than collosal unit.

These ideas are why I'm excited to have my board game, it's relatively easy to test out things like this to see how it feels in gameplay.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

mistercreepy wrote:Other possibilities:

The collosal unit must stay alive, if it dies, you lose.
The collosal unit does not have a particularly strong attack but buffs the attack defense and heal of neighboring units. Kind of more like a general than collosal unit.

These ideas are why I'm excited to have my board game, it's relatively easy to test out things like this to see how it feels in gameplay.

I like the first option.... Build it at your own risk :p

The second option, if this game is really going to 5 races eventually, I think it makes sense to have some that have attacking or defense as their primary function, some that have unique abilities which buff their race, and some that do a little bit of each

The colossal I built for the phasers race is completely a support piece.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Hmm, I have a suggestion for colossals, how about having twice as much health as normal units. that way it may reduce the need of repair units.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:43

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

amidama wrote:itwill do their damage around 10-20 and thats unneeded. it will require to rewrite the whole game mechanics because currently damage is based on amount of hp left.
and all of this for what? 10 hp is enough even for a colossal, just make it def higher. it makes some sense that weak units will do no damage to it

Yep. Those are my thoughts exactly

Bigger problem is the generalized disinterest in the unit archetype.

Which is okay I am surprised though TBH
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

it won't work like that. It's just increased Hp. Anything over 10 Hp (except for veterancy) doesn't affect damage and I also suggest that they shouldn't get promoted.

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

LkASr wrote:it won't work like that. It's just increased Hp. Anything over 10 Hp (except for veterancy) doesn't affect damage and I also suggest that they shouldn't get promoted.

Everything over 10 would work like that, unless the developers put an unknown amount of time rewriting the code so that it didn't work like thaT. Which is almost certainly more work than it is worth.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

if you guys think it won't work, here's another suggestion:

A shield system:

It takes the increased Hp concept, but this time, there are 2 ways to do it:

They could replace the 10 Hp with another 10 Hp, but marked in a color (depends on the race's color, but will be gray if the race's color is black) instead. If that turns 0, it will revert back to the original black color as the original Hp.

or

They can be on top of the original Hp count and be marked in a color (same thing as above). This way, If the shield turns 0, it'll still be there.

To regenerate shield, a colossal unit must have all of its health to 10 Hp. This way shield isn't counted as additional Hp.

Forum Index » New Feature Request