[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
2nd New Race Idea: Atlantics, the Aquatic Terrors
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

so in overall, what do you guys think about the Atlantics' unit pool and stats, if you guys make your opinions, I'll make the stories with relations between them and Pyreans

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

No conversations?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23, 2016 11:08

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think the special abilities need a better explanation
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Ok, the abilities work like this:

Camouflage: Basically, bury, but with name change and buff. All non-aquatic units are automatically camouflaged in water and won't be damaged by aquatic units, but they can't attack in water. They can directly go to water while camouflaged on land (logical reason: Camouflage is above ground level unlike bury), but in consequence, camouflaged units receive twice as much damage on getting "stomped" as bury.

Into the Fray: Units with the ability can move 1 space more and will directly attack the enemy they face. The ability recharges for 5 turns. Leaper can use it while camouflaged.

Forced Accord: Armored Croc's unique ability. It drags a non-aquatic unit to itself and will directly attack it and deal +1 more attack to the enemy. The ability recharges for 7 turns.

Brawl: Crab Panzer's unique ability. It gains +2 bonus attack and +3 bonus defense if attacking a lone enemy. It doesn't work if it is adjacent to more than 1 enemy unit.

Supersonic Sense: Battle Whale's unique ability. It's basically the minesweeping system on steroids, but on aquatic units. It will automatically be alerted by a camouflaged unit within the 4-tile range and will mark a certain water tile as "1" (just like the underling minesweeper).

Salvo: Battle Whale's stat enhancer. It just gain +2 attack vs aquatic when attacking.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 28, 2016 17:30

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

alongside with the ability introductions, I've tweaked the stats on most of them

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

The leaper sounds fine...

So does the angler

The launcher sounds good

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 24, 2016 11:53

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

LkASr wrote:Unit Information: Leaper

Cost: 100
Mobility: 9
Vision: 4
Type: Ground Light

Attack:

-Ground Light: 6
-Ground Heavy: 3
-Aerial: 3
-Aquatic: 3

Attack Range: 1

Defense: 5

Capture Bases: Yes
Attack after move: Yes
Repair: +1
Action/Turn: 1
Special Ability: Camouflage, Into the Fray

This infantry unit is excellent at assassinating units if it can get them with camouflage or into the fray and move across water with a 3-tile reduction and is automatically camouflaged while in water. Use this unit to ambush your enemies.

Sooooo... Let's play "let's compare this to the underling"

Better stats, also has bury, and has into the fray.

I would say to start I would decrease GL, GH, air attack AND def by 1 each if you want to keep the abilities. Or you could consider increasing the units cost.

I don't think I fully understand into the fray though. Maybe you could explain that a little more. Seems like it just grants a movement bonus , but you have to attack after moving ? Is that all?
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Into the Fray simply means you get a 1-tile mobility boost to attack an enemy, but remember the meta for Atlantics, their vision is mostly below average (at 4, except for Crab Panzer and Battle Whale)

amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:57

Hakumen
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

amidama wrote:at current game mechanics vision mean nothing. you always can walk, then undo, and by this you can see most of the map...
untill vision mechanic is changes, there isnt much point of talking about it at all.

if it will be changed so that vision is not updated during the turn, then low vision will make an army practically not able to fight

1st thing, what about those who don't buy or can't afford coins (regarding to buying on their own and I find infinite undos ridiculous because it doesn't have the feel of a real military strategy (except for scouting, which has a slight-moderate risk to it), plus wouldn't that contradict to their app store add? They said no pay-to-win)?

you got 4 units with camouflage (2 gls, 1 gh, and 1 aq, the last has it on steroids :D), and ranged units with camouflage can attack from afar without risking damage, tho idk if they could follow the attack bonus like bury.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 24, 2016 13:45

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Duaneski wrote:

Sooooo... Let's play "let's compare this to the underling"

Better stats, also has bury, and has into the fray.

I would say to start I would decrease GL, GH, air attack AND def by 1 each if you want to keep the abilities. Or you could consider increasing the units cost.

I don't think I fully understand into the fray though. Maybe you could explain that a little more. Seems like it just grants a movement bonus , but you have to attack after moving ? Is that all?

Bury gets a bonus of 3. Enless I'm mistaken, camouflage doesn't get a bonus
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

My main complaint with this race right now is that it doesn't seem as unique as the pyreans. If this is to be a stealth race, it needs to be more inclined towards stealth.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24, 2016 16:19

amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 21:57

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

That is very true. I'd limit water walking to simply water walking(and not water camo), because they seem like a fish out of water without a lake nearby.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Forum Index » New Feature Request