[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Clockwork race
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Prime
Mobility
Moves per turn 1
surface 6
underground 0
after attack 0

Vision (FoW) 4
Repair points 1
Defense strength 13
Attack range 1

Attack strength
VS ground light 12
VS ground heavy 14
VS aerial 12
VS aquatic 18

Attack after move YES
Teleport NO
Burst fire: NO
Jump: NO
Overshield: NO
Intelligent design: NO
Special force NO
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A
Suicide radius N/A
Push radius N/A

Unit type: Ground light
Cost: 650
Unit info: With its strong attack, this unit is well suited for killing off tanks of all sorts. It is almost impossible to kill on mountains, with 15 defense and 18 g.h, and has the highest stats in game. However, it is not very well suited to fight marauders and speeders, so do not use it in that way. Unlike other units, this unit doesn't have intelligent design and cannot be used in patterns

This unit repairs adjacent units repair rates by *3

(Note: bio virus is no longer a unit abilitiy. )

Although this unit doesn't have very heavy armor, it makes up for it with a very fast agility. It is
clear that this unit is designed to be the best attackwise.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 13, 2016 03:26

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

the agility for prime explains why it can dodge attacks, and therefore has a defense of 12.

Thoughts and concerns
I want to make the seventh unit a land version of the sea dragon, and im not sure how to structure it.

I might take away the primes bio virus. This race has enough abilities as it stands, bio virus might be too much. And honestly, its not that important.

Id like to hear what you guys think about this race so far.
amidama

amidama

Defense strength 13
Attack range 1

Attack strength
VS ground light 12
VS ground heavy 14
VS aerial 12
VS aquatic 18

after being in a forest (usual for GL)

Defense strength 16
Attack range 1

Attack strength
VS ground light 14
VS ground heavy 16
VS aerial 14
VS aquatic 20

so basicly you have a unit with defence +2 from plasma, damage nearly *2 of plasma, and a full engineer (healing AND ability) hidden inside.
plasma (500) + plasma (500) + engineer (200) = 1200. but your unit cost only a 600...

try to make as few abilities as possible, and try to compare your units with other units in their price and their power on a battlefield

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I was thinking that since it's g.l, it might not be as bad as it would be if it's GH, because it will take high damage from most troops (even infantry). However, I might raise the cost. I want to prevent it from being used as a tank. What do you think?

For now, I raised that cost to 700, but the defense wasn't raised. This means it will not be used as a tank because it costs too much. I also might reduce healing rate and make it cost less (650-600).

Not: forests increase attack stats by 3

For balance, the g.l of the subordinate and the boomerang has been reduced to make underlings more effective versus this race

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 11, 2016 17:17

amidama

amidama

in forest:
Defense strength 16
Attack range 1

Attack strength
VS ground light 14
VS ground heavy 16
VS aerial 14
VS aquatic 20

it will not be used as a tank. it simply will be used as a steam roller. army of such units may destroy anything in this game. each several point of defence abofe plasma (14) will make them something like twice as good.
and attack is just enough to destroy anything, with any defence.

lets say a plasma (10 GL) will attack this unit.

your unit with def 13+3 (in forest) will get a 2 damage on average.
while plasma will get a 6 damage.

how the heck this will play out?

okay, lets check a speeder

speeder will deal a 2 damage too, but will get a 9 damage in return.

marine? it will deal 1 damage butwill receive 8 damage in return.

what is const effective against this unit? only distant attacks? its kind of strange..

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I mistyped not. It was supposed to be note. You get +3 attack in forests....

Well, it's not meant to fight fair versus plasmas. I think that an eclipse and a speeder would be good versus one of these

Including gangup, that should do 7 damage to the prime ( on plains), as the eclipse would do 3, and the speeder + gangup would do about 4. The speeder will be at 2 health. On the next turn, I guess slaughter it with an eclipse. Eventually the prime will die.

I suppose that -1 repair rate and -50 cost would make this unit a lot easier to kill.

On foresty maps, use mechas. They easily out cheap the prime, and get a 9 attack versus it (should do 1-2, without gangup)

Forum Index » New Feature Request