[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Upcoming new Terrains
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

simsverd wrote:I dont see a need for hills that give terrain bonus to ground heavy... why would that be needed? (and why realistically would ground heavy benefit from using hills?)

High ground is always an advantage in almost all of wars like Israelis using the high ground with their Centurions against the Iraqi T-54s during the 7 Day War and in one moment of WWII, 8 M18 Hellcats used a hill slope to decimate 19 Panthers while losing 3 of theirs during the liberation of France. It would make sense to give ground heavies some boost with hills. In simpler sense, hills give cover to all ground units, hiding most of their profile against enemies of similar range (basically, hull down for tanks)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 02, 2016 18:10

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

We will discuss the CLIFF & HILL terrains internally. There are definitely some value in it. Currently it does not seem that they will make the cut as we don't want to add too much complexity to the game either.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02, 2016 20:16

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Great news Xavi! I'd like to share my thoughts.
  xavi wrote:
CITY: give half base income if unit stands on it, can not create unit, D- for all units
BRIDGE: all units allowed, A=/D= no bonus on attack or defense
REEF: amphibian: A+/D+, aquatic: A-/D-
OCEAN: amphibian/aerial:forbidden, aquatic:allowed,D-
CLIFF: A terrain that denies ground heavies to directly go through it. Ground Lights can go directly through it, but at an increased mobility cost. It gives no terrain bonus.

GREAT IDEA with the city tile. Adds a whole new depth to some potential maps. However, I'd like to present a little different idea for comparition.

1) change the name of city tile/concept to INDUSTRIAL tile. It would be important point for economical/military reasons and therefore it'd be more logical to produce income.
2) Half is probably too much often, it would be fun as well to set a stable number, I think between 10-30 / a turn.
Reasoning:
the most balanced maps currently has income of bases between 75 - 125 / turn. Half of that is somewhere between 30-50... which is too high, in my view of things. I imagine these tiles to be larger in numbers and far more fragile to hold, so it'd be better to make them less important.
3) Add an actual CITY tile as well. It's great conceptually because it could hold everything no tile now has. Which is (properties for 'other' city tile):
- lowered only attack, not defence, for every unit (combat is harder and longer there)
- lowered slightly (-1) defence for aerials.
and finally, last but nt least:
- momevent cost of aerials = 4, not 3. Only bases has it now, and it complicates things.

...anyway, I love it!
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

As for some new ideas.

TERRA INCOGNITA tile.
It randomly changes into forest / swamp / desert / 'clean' tile (not mountains!). It would be super awesome for tourney maps.

LOCAL NATURAL PHENOMENA (it could look like a rainstorm, or snowstorm, or magnetic storm depending):
regular boring tile, but prevents ranged attack on it. Only close combat.
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

These are great news Xavi! There is a prevision for the release of these new tiles?
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

The plan is to released them around the end of the month. Existing tilesets will also be slightly improved based on feedback to better differentiate the tiles when units are on them.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Forum Index » New Feature Request