[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
End Game additions
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Interested ?
Interested 88% [ 7 ]
In love 13% [ 1 ]
Not interested 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

amidama wrote:solar cell idea may work. it could be simplified to credits per controlled tile, could be easier to implement

My first thought was that sounds complex so I like this simplification

I could def see this helping if it was balanced perfectly, though

From your other post it sounds like maybe a research or something that adds threat range to units in one way or another could also help.

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Selexcis wrote:I agree all maps should give incentive to control more land and more area.

I actually really like the solar cell idea. Only addition i will make is that instead of a solar cell, we can call it a borehole or geothermal outlet. Where if you end the turn with a support unit on it, you earn extra credits for the next turn if the support unit survives to the next turn.

In addition, I think a supply limit will force people to fight so that they can lose troops to replenish their supply limit.

There should be supply depots on the map which you can capture to increase your supply limit, hence capturing supply depots will becomes one of the contested hexes on the map. You cannot build supply depots but they are on the map.

So for instance, you start with a 1500 credit supply limit. And every depot you capture increases it by a further 1500 credits

What do you guys think?

I am not strictly opposed to the idea. My problem is that I REALLY like the game when it's a close dynamic map, and I think with a small addition the big drawn out games could be more fun too

But while fixing the "bad" games I don't want to ruin the good ones...

The solar panel idea has the potential to really eff with those dynamic games.... Though I don't think it would realistically ... Supply depots and those limits on the other hand... Seem like they would probably affect those games. MAYBE In a good way but hard to say
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 22:44

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

amidama wrote:i was reffering to your idea of colossal units, duaneski
not as a mega tank, but as a long range artilery. in your description you did give to some of them a long range.
if they would have range of about 8 hex, this will solve the stalemate problem (mega tank stil may be vulnerable to advance first..)

Ahhh I see :p

Yeah that could work.

Build major breaker unit OR mass units. Former let's you break a turtle. Latter may allow you to swarm someone building the colossal artillery.

That seems to make sense
amidama

amidama

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

amidama wrote:exactly what i thought. this long range unit has to be less effective per cost than normal artilery or other cheap units.

Cost 1750 or something? Range 4-8, GH 12-15 ish, one attack ? Just kill one artillery a turn.... Man I can't decide if that is fun. I guess it leads to fun. Or might force fun prior to it though :p
amidama

amidama

Hakumen
amidama

amidama

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

amidama wrote:i mean to be able to hit opponents artilery. otherwise it will have to fire at other units, and they could heal

Good call sign me up!
drumstep

drumstep

Wouldn't a unit with such a long range make base caps on some larger maps nearly impossible. I could place it way in the back of the map and still shoot next to my front base. Not to mention that that range is further than even marauder can move. The strategy won't be cover base with marauder anymore, it will be shoot whatever he builds from across the map.
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 22:45

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

drumstep wrote:Wouldn't a unit with such a long range make base caps on some larger maps nearly impossible. I could place it way in the back of the map and still shoot next to my front base. Not to mention that that range is further than even marauder can move. The strategy won't be cover base with marauder anymore, it will be shoot whatever he builds from across the map.

This hypothetical unit should have a high enough GH / aquatic to punish those units, but a low GL IMO. That may be contradictory but would allow it to fulfill its role. Let's just say it's a slug gun and the slugs generally miss the infantry :p

So like, GL 4 or something.
drumstep

drumstep

But by the definition of a buildup game like you are describing the marauders can't get past. And comparing the price to marauders is not terribly helpful since they can't break through a tank unit wall no matter how many you have. Better comparison is that it is worth 3 plasmas or 2 walkers, and if you get three tank units or two artillery units behind, your opponent should have started attacking you anyway. The problem is that this doesn't prevent buildup, it just makes it so that the first person to try and bring this thing out is going to fall behind and get attacked.
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 22:45

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

amidama wrote:yep. idea is that whoever build this unit - forces enemy to atrack imidiately.
but first atracker loses a lot. so it is balanced by inability to fully attack in one turn by big army.

That's my thought on it.

Wonder how much of a pain it would be to create this unit if it used existing sprites ?

(For testing)

--- I still like the other ideas too... This seems like it could be an easier fix ... NFI really haha

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 05, 2016 19:53

Forum Index » New Feature Request