[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Proposal: Make buried underlings visible to the enemy
Forum Index » New Feature Request
C4ve

C4ve

I completely agree with Porphyr's suggestion. And I like his idea that underlings are only visible directly adjacent or below own units. Although it would be easy to uncover ALL underlings within the range of one's units, this detection mechanism would be identical to fog of war.

As Porphyr mentioned, underlings are currently not really invisible, it is just a huge waste of time to detect them.

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

How about just remove the yellow numbers. Make underlings invisible. If that makes them too powerful then reduce their buried movement speed or some other stat by a small amount. I think the issue is they're easily locateable not that the method by which they are located is tedious. From what I've read on the forums it seems (at least anecdotally) that S & T beat K on most maps, if that we're true then invisible underlings might just even up the balance.
[Avatar]
Edisontrent7

[Avatar]
Edisontrent7

An easier way to do this is to make a unit with the power to see underlings but has other uses as well (Look at my posts for new unit requests) For now however, what about we just reward the players who use the time consuming process with the ability to see underlings

Since when did we have Racecars with machine guns?
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

I agree with this thread. Current system is a waste of time.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

How about only healer type units get the yellow numbers?

It should be a simple change in the code and even with undo there are not many places your healer can move so there wont be anywhere near as much scanning. It would mean there are ways of detecting bugs but mostly they will be hidden.
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Agree, it's a waste of time. But let me suggest that only titan player should see burried unders. Simply 'cause: (1) it would be more fun in team games (2) it's not always perfectly possible to detect where unders stand (3) let's have this little advantage over players who aren't aware how to detect yet ;P (4) sap vs khral and khral vs khral games have very little of those, so it's not annoying in that cases. (5) titans have overwhelming ultrasound detection technology duh!

I think also this is a bad idea to let only healing units the detection feature, as well as any other, because it would a little break balance and force to choose between building perfect unit or having more fun and less minesweeper stuff nobody likes.

What you guys think?
King pyrrhus

King pyrrhus

Yes I agree with Porpyr's proposal.As it stands locating buried lings is a game within the actual game-and a cumbersome one at that.Let's spend our time on strategy not locating buried lings.Whether one uses redo or soft redo makes no difference.Point is the same.It's a time waster.
Porphyr

Porphyr

Angkor wrote:Agree, it's a waste of time. But let me suggest that only titan player should see burried unders. Simply 'cause: (1) it would be more fun in team games (2) it's not always perfectly possible to detect where unders stand (3) let's have this little advantage over players who aren't aware how to detect yet ;P (4) sap vs khral and khral vs khral games have very little of those, so it's not annoying in that cases. (5) titans have overwhelming ultrasound detection technology duh!

I think also this is a bad idea to let only healing units the detection feature, as well as any other, because it would a little break balance and force to choose between building perfect unit or having more fun and less minesweeper stuff nobody likes.

What you guys think?

Hmmm.
(2) As long as you can move freely it is always possible. At least I never found a game where it is not. The only areas you can't see is behind enemy units (or close to them, because you can't see the numbers around fields occupied by enemy
(3) no comment
(4) I've also seen plenty in sap vs khral. rarely in khral vs khral, I agree

As I initially stated: I understand the fascination of an invisible unit. However, all alternative suggestion I saw so far would affect balance (e.g. making them completely undetectable, reducing their pop-up bonus). I think race in uniwar are pretty well balanced, and each change in balancing should be considered carefully.

My suggestion (i.e. making them visible always - optionally just in the hex besides your own units) does not affect balance. It just makes obvious what is in fact always the case -> you CAN detect them.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

We like that suggestion. We might make them visible when adjacent to your units and remove the counter.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
OGKush

OGKush

Hey guys, I'm quite new to the game, but after reading the thread, here's my suggestion.

What about (removing the numbers of course and) revealing the burried lings only when a unit steps over or next to it.

Also as a StarCraft adept, I like that scan idea. But how would you do it? Would you have it cast on the engineer (7 radius?), or cast at a target location (rather 3-5 radius)?

Anyways don't take me too seriously, I wasn't even sure about the golden numbers before reading the topic..
[Avatar]
Edisontrent7

[Avatar]
Edisontrent7

Look at my new unit idea for a titan drone, it would help fix this problem

Since when did we have Racecars with machine guns?
join wang

join wang

I know I'm REALLY late to the conversation but can't you make it so that underlings next to your units appear only when you end your turn that way you can't undo your moves and you don't have to play minesweeper. This is also good for khaldeans as it keeps the "invisible" aspect of underlings.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Angkor wrote:Agree, it's a waste of time. But let me suggest that only titan player should see burried unders. Simply 'cause: (1) it would be more fun in team games (2) it's not always perfectly possible to detect where unders stand (3) let's have this little advantage over players who aren't aware how to detect yet ;P (4) sap vs khral and khral vs khral games have very little of those, so it's not annoying in that cases. (5) titans have overwhelming ultrasound detection technology duh!

What you guys think?

I agree on this:
Saps already beat the Khrals through their speed and resilience while able to keep their numbers thin through harrassments that they would perfectly able to execute, so burying is nearly useless. Titans on the other hand have the resilience, but they're slow and aren't able to keep their numbers thin unlike the Saps do because 1, they don't have the speed, and 2, they don't have aerial units to fight against Swarmers & Garudas, plus they're vulnerable to burying. Having only Titans to detect buries would be a good idea and would make more sense as Saps simply don't have the ability to detect them themselves, so do their technology.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Giving assimilators passive detect range 5 and engineers range 2 would be cool

Otherwise hidden
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Duaneski wrote:Giving assimilators passive detect range 5 and engineers range 2 would be cool

Otherwise hidden

5 vision would render bury less useful for sneak attacks on bases. I'd stick to angkor's idea

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06, 2016 00:59

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Forum Index » New Feature Request