[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
18 New units are coming...
Forum Index » New Feature Request
join wang

join wang

xavi wrote:Yes, 18... You read well! 6 per race, multiplied by 3 races. Is that enough for you ?
The creation process of the new units has started. I will release more info along the next days. Here is the beginning:

1. Units of Mass destruction
Goal: to break defense walls with AOE. These units are the most powerful and destructive units in the game. They will be expensive and one time use with a very long cool down.

2. Tank buster units
Goal: to inflict high damage to heavy ground units from ranged attacks

3. Amphibian units
Goal: to increase diversity in naval fights and favor skirmish from ranged attacks. Amphibians are versatile units that can go on land and in water.

4. Cheap under water units
Goal: to counter heavy aquatic units.

5. Anti aerial unit
Goal: to counter standoff aerial fights.

6. Terrain mutator units.
Goal: to transform terrain.

Thank you xavi finally we can have interesting naval battles. But are you sure about terrain mutations sounds a bit overpowered and tricky to balance.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Okay consider the terraform units I suggested. Can you imagine a way any of these would break a map? And mind you that's a very 'off the top of my head' idea.

I can't see them breaking any maps. At worst the Khral one maybe. But the cost of those could go to 300 and then i feel confident it would be fine.

So yes we can't just make a 50 cost unit that can build mountains every turn, but I don't think that's the idea at all.

If you guys have specific worries I would love to hear them though. So please provide some specific scenarios if you would ...

Much love
medricel

medricel

Duaneski wrote:
I guess khral could do some burrowing stuff. Underground tunnels for GH that are like 3-5 hexes would be pretty insane

I'd rather turn the concept on its ear - khrals have a saboteur unit that destroys roads instead of makes them. Having a point-to-point tunnel would be too easy to camp out the exits.
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

I think amphibious units should get positive terrain bonuses from swamp tiles. It would make gameplay with them more interesting. They could have negative terrain bonuses on other land tiles.

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
medricel

medricel

lodeous wrote:I think amphibious units should get positive terrain bonuses from swamp tiles. It would make gameplay with them more interesting. They could have negative terrain bonuses on other land tiles.

Agreed about swamps. They should give some perks for an amphib unit. However, I think amphibious units should just be slow on land. Maybe desert/forest could have some negative modifiers, but I don't think they need to be quite so vulnerable when dry.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

medricel wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:
I guess khral could do some burrowing stuff. Underground tunnels for GH that are like 3-5 hexes would be pretty insane

I'd rather turn the concept on its ear - khrals have a saboteur unit that destroys roads instead of makes them. Having a point-to-point tunnel would be too easy to camp out the exits.

Is anything easy to camp against Khral? I would love for my opp to try to stake it out. Then they get buried underlings plus whatever I send through the tunnel
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

lodeous wrote:I think amphibious units should get positive terrain bonuses from swamp tiles. It would make gameplay with them more interesting. They could have negative terrain bonuses on other land tiles.

from another post, they do

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Regarding the timeline, I expect to ship the 4 new tiles and some units within the month of October. I am actively working on them... Some units like AOE and terrain mutation will be very powerful and that will come at a significant cost. We are even considering a credits cost per terrain transformed... More info and preview in the next days....

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

The units will be released progressively. In October, we only intend to release 3 to 6 units and same in November...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08, 2016 17:25

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
medricel

medricel

xavi wrote:Some units like AOE and terrain mutation will be very powerful and that will come at a significant cost.

How about doing a thing where the vehicle needs to be built in one turn, then 'loaded' on a second turn at additional credit cost. Once the unit has deployed its payload, it must return to an owned base and wait for a cooldown in order to purchase a new payload. Maybe make the Khralean version into a kamikaze bomb that is disabled for one turn before being able to move/explode off the base. Increase cost to compensate for not needing to return to a base.
join wang

join wang

Duaneski wrote:Okay consider the terraform units I suggested. Can you imagine a way any of these would break a map? And mind you that's a very 'off the top of my head' idea.

I can't see them breaking any maps. At worst the Khral one maybe. But the cost of those could go to 300 and then i feel confident it would be fine.

So yes we can't just make a 50 cost unit that can build mountains every turn, but I don't think that's the idea at all.

If you guys have specific worries I would love to hear them though. So please provide some specific scenarios if you would ...

Much love

GravitySE because I feel that the defining feature of the map is the mountains keeping the players apart to remove would ... well you get the idea.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

join wang wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:Okay consider the terraform units I suggested. Can you imagine a way any of these would break a map? And mind you that's a very 'off the top of my head' idea.

Much love

GravitySE because I feel that the defining feature of the map is the mountains keeping the players apart to remove would ... well you get the idea.

My proposed cost to remove a mountain hex - just one mind you - is 2-2.5 turns worth of income on that map. That seems balanced to me
medricel

medricel

I had another idea for the terrain-modifying unit. Give it the ability to build destructible walls. They cannot be passed by heavy units, but light units are able to cross them with a turn delay. Think of it like a buried underling that has a zone-of-control effect on its single tile. The wall would be identifiable to the player/race that made it, and have different stats and costs, and would be categorized as ground heavy. Saps would have a light, cheap fence that can't take much damage. Titans would have thick paneled walls which can take abuse. Khraleans could have some sort of web/bone structure that is in the middle. Whether or not friendly heavies should be blocked by walls, I don't know. Adding gates seems an overly complicated extension to the system and doesn't seem necessary.

They should only be able to be built on plains/desert tiles. Also, the construction should take the remainder of the turn, like capturing a base.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08, 2016 23:28

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

medricel wrote:I had another idea for the terrain-modifying unit. Give it the ability to build destructible walls. They cannot be passed by heavy units, but light units are able to cross them with a turn delay. Think of it like a buried underling that has a zone-of-control effect on its single tile. The wall would be identifiable to the player/race that made it, and have different stats and costs, and would be categorized as ground heavy. Saps would have a light, cheap fence that can't take much damage. Titans would have thick paneled walls which can take abuse. Khraleans could have some sort of web/bone structure that is in the middle. Whether or not friendly heavies should be blocked by walls, I don't know. Adding gates seems an overly complicated extension to the system and doesn't seem necessary.

That would work. Could have increased cost for Titan walls since they're stronger

My problem w this is that it promotes a defensive play style. So I don't Love that about it
medricel

medricel

Duaneski wrote:That would work. Could have increased cost for Titan walls since they're stronger

My problem w this is that it promotes a defensive play style. So I don't Love that about it

Of course Titan walls would be more costly. Wouldn't the ability to make mountain tiles also favor defensive? At least tankbuster/AoE, or anything good with heavy can destroy the walls.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08, 2016 23:46

Forum Index » New Feature Request