[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
;( Tank busters busts my strategy. Now what?
Forum Index » General Discussion
jt007

jt007

This is a interesting discussion, highlighting the passion of Uniwar players at what seems to me a pivotal point in the game's history.

As a fan of the turn-based-strategy genre, hearkening back to the days of such classics as Panzer General and Heroes of Might and Magic, I appreciate the concept and the mostly positive experience I've had within the Uniwar community.

I think this game is a gem, which could be a real money maker if given more exposure (eg through social media and digital word of mouth). My suggestion to the folks behind UniWar is to consider a subscription based model, where we pay for membership and the right to play, but where any advantages in the game, such as tank busters, pending amphibians, turn do-overs etc are either granted universally as part of membership, or earned through successful gameplay.

The current situation, with tank busters available in rated games for only those who've bought them, makes the entire playing field unfair. Presently it's left to the discretion of invidual combatants to achieve a sense of parody (e.g. I have guardians, do you have them and want to use them? Or, oops, sorry I didn't know you didn't have the new units, sure I'll accept your offer of peace) can't be sitting well with many competitive Uniwar players, who rely on the game to achieve a general sense of fairness, aside from the occasional severely unbalanced map.

Personally, I'm going take a break from the game until these issues are sorted out. It's challenging to adjust strategy to the use of the units, as WormDog pointed out, but when these units are not accessible to all players it seems kind of pointless. It's a bit like sitting down to a chess match and realizing, after the game has started, that you don't have bishops, or knights and your opponent does.
geogerf

geogerf

I've been playing since the game came out. Like another post mentioned, its been several years since the game came out - I think it needed an excitement boost. The strategies were a little too well defined, now it feels battles are more dynamic - even if they "core strengths" of a race are not as defining.
Forum Index » General Discussion