[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UNIWAR Role-play campaign /sign-up, discussion thread/
Forum Index » Tournaments
Eikonoklastes

Eikonoklastes

While engaged in my customary 30 minutes of self-imposed torture (i.e., cardio at the gym), I got to thinking about the storytelling aspect of this event. Why? Mostly because the really hot blond who usually there performing stretches and doing light abdominal work right in front of the cardio machines was absent today, and I needed something to distract me from the pains and aches of trying to "maintain" my physical condition. Anyway, a lot of what we are going to be doing contains not only prose-based elements, but also drama as well. Angkor will, of course, get the final word on this, but I was thinking that the following elements might prove useful going forward:

Use single asterisks to convey actions (e.g., *walks up behind Angkor and lifts his wallet*)

Use double asterisks to convey internal thoughts/monologues (e.g., *watches as their forces are quickly decimated with a panicked look* **Ok, me, just calm down. This isn't the end of the world. We just need to edit the logs and shift the blame to that worthless sock puppet** *gives Angkor a sideways glance and smiles*)

Use brackets for asides/muttered comments (e.g., Why that's a great idea [you worthless, incompetent piece of dung] *flashes a huge smile in Angkor's direction*)

The last item, brackets, might not be necessary; however, they could be used to great effect for providing a sort of subliminal commentary. The only thing we would all have to agree to, is not to react to the internal thoughts of others (i.e., anything enclosed in double asterisks). Admittedly, I would prefer to use italics for internal thoughts, but Uniwar's chat system currently does not support the use of italics (@Xavi: if you happen to stumble across this, please add the use of italics to the chat system)
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Agree these elements would be great to implement. If you're so kind to make it so, dear player, I'd be most delighted. Will try to stick to those myself.
Although I won't force anyone to do so obviously It's meant to be great fun at upmost, and that one requires a little bit of freedom.

Same with storytelling. Make as much role-play as you want, for me more and more various behaviors and interactions are the best and I'll reward them, but if you don't feel like it or simply don't have time - that's fine, understandable. Again, it's for us all folks

There was some questions about friendly-fire and alliances...and relations between players too, so I'll try to explain it a little bit.
1) There are no strick rules like in a board games.
2) Relations influence the game quite much, because of them:
-you may be tossed out of your alliance
- you may form/join other alliance with guys you have good relations with
There may happen the situation when the player doesn't belong to any alliance, then it will be possible to play 2v3v1v1v1 games for example.
Now remember, about the friendly-fire thing. You may do that, with or without the common plan with your co-player, but if this will go further into betrayal side, make sure that you have at most NEUTRAL relations with that someone. If not, I can make some moves that will a little bit destroy your advantage / give some punishments, because your characters are more or less logical not crazy beings after all.
3) You don't know none relations of other players, only your own. About your own relations - you must simply ask.
4) As for specific values, to know or suspect about what other teammates have relations with:
- remember it's not strict math
- More-or-less it goes like this:
START: your keen - friendly (+1,+2,+3). ALL OTHERS - hostile (-1,-2,-3)
NEUTRAL = -1, 0, 1
All changes since the start point (which you don't know exactly how much) are written by me, highlited and may be seen in this thread.
[Avatar]
uw-sandman

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

is this dead or what? I was excited about it...
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Not at all, just 3v3v3 and 2v2 matches last far longer than I suspected. Next chapter I'll try to make games more equal in length.
PS. The game is active in forum as well, feel free to write here whatever you like, talk to other players, extend your character's bio etc, I'll try to keep all the story arcs in shape together.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13, 2017 10:07

[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

THE REPORT FROM THE CHAPTER 1 MAIN MISSION (2v2v2)
2v2v2
Titans: lodeous, masteryoda
Sapiens: eikonoklastes, miamimoose
Khraleans: duaneski, bulldog60
/tl;dr/ - Titans won, sapiens lost.
Titans made a quick and wise decision to switch inner bases to avoid friendly fire. Nice. Eikonoklastes (sapiens) got a proposal from NPC to share his commandment to boost morale and avoid responsibility. He agreed, but had a traitor all recorded to rule everything anyway. Smart. Miamimoose betrayed his alliance and was fired. WHAT? Miamimoose was implemented with a nuclear device all the time, the High Command knew he would betray. Eikonoklastes needed to survive long enough to explode it manually, hurting everyone. Duaneski helped him, masteryoda – used the situation and hit sapiens hard. Then, Duaneski helped Moose, because he and masteryoda found out they may die in explosion as well. Eikonoklastes was fcked. He gained the possibility to blow the bomb every minute, but that would hurt him as well. Duaneski withdrawed. Eikonoklastes withdrawed. Nothing happened really. Moose was beaten. Bulldog and Duaneski could switch bases as titans did to have some extra points, but were interrupted by Lodeous. Eventually titans won.

/full story/
/random event for @EIKONOKLASTES: / The night gathers as you stand alone in front of your ghetto command tent, thinking and trying to understand why is everything going on so perfectly. Then, out of nowhere, one of your sapien minions approach you. *Sir, uhm... you look for a good guy, so I’ll be honest with you*, he says with the conspiracy all over his simple face. *The simple folk don’t get this, you know. This is the biggest battle so far, and the general sent, pardon me, you two to command us? This reprogrammed weirdo creep and… well. I have a proposal for you. Let ME to directly lead our troops. They need a familiar face. I’m sure the government won’t mind, all the want is the victory, right?*… You are offended at first, but after a while it doesn’t sound so bad anymore, you think. But, of course, that would mean a serious hit for the reputation of both of you. On the other hand…
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

EIKONOKLASTES: *Sniff* **Tch, he utterly reeks of duplicity. Still, there is an element of truth to his greasy words. . . and all sorts of accidents can happen as a battle reaches its climax. . .** *Turns to a small table and fills two glasses while turning on a hidden recorder. Hands a drink to the minion while smiling warmly*. @Angkor: There is great wisdom in your words, soldier, and I appreciate your honest and forthright nature. This is a major battle, one that may determine the future course of the war, and it may be best for the men to be comforted by a familiar face. That being said, unforeseen accidents do happen whilst in the heat of battle, and it would be terrible if something went awry if you were to fall. Therefore, I ask that you keep me abreast of you plans so that I might step in should the worst happen. *Takes a sip from the glass.* As for the outcome of this conflict, I have little doubt that we will be triumphant. Should that happen, there will be plenty of praise and accolades to go around; however, if something should possibly go wrong, heads will surely roll. Or rather, Central Command will want someone to take the blame. Who do you think that someone should be?

/outcome/ Just in the moment you opened your mouth and started your speech it become obvious how great is your mental advantage over that simple sapien. His chicken-like eyes went from big to pixel-size and then back again couple of times as he stood in silence. *A-aye, sire. I t-take the full responsibility for whatever happens. Excuse my suspense, sir, I had little hope for your agreement on that. Y-y-you are a great guy, sir, pardon my language. Whoo… I should get going now, then… You’ll have all my reports on time, I promise!* - then, he salutes and quickly vanishes from your sight. **The recording** you start to think soon after, sipping another drink. What now, should you report him immediately, or rather only keep it, just in case..? /EIKONOKLASTES gains 1 charisma.

EIKONOKLASTES: ** I should turn him in, but a resource is a resource and an advantage is an advantage. Neither should be wasted in general. . . more so on the battlefield. . .** *Hold the recorder for a moment, and then places it in a secret compartment.* **It can always be destroyed later. Let's see how this plays out.**

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 07, 2017 13:56

[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

/bio expansions/

MASTERYODA: - (Tuh, people keep asking me "why so cold hearted?") **there just simple minded, they don't understand me, or that logic, and planning every action is all that keeps them safe? Do they honestly beleive their prayers save them from the enemy? *hitting the map grid with force (I should sleep) **no! Evil doesn't sleep and neither shall I! (Wow where did all that emotion come from? I've not had an outbursts like that since I was a child) *rubs face **keep.it together man, remember your lessons and teachings, emotions only affect logic and strategic actions.

LODEOUS: *** I used to be an ant before my queen sacrificed me to be assimilated by the titans. My natural abilities were augmented with robotics. The khraleans weakness is their emphasis on protecting the leader. If the leader dies khralean organization breaks down. Titans however have no one "leader" we are controlled by a distributed intelligence network that combines the smaller intelligence of each robot into an apparent central intelligence. Foolish life forms. Trusting leadership to the likes of one organism. As if one life form possessed the capacity to strategize better than an entire network. ***

[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

/event – MIAMIMOOSE betrayed sapiens Alliance and attack EIKONOKLASTES forces/

EIKONOKLASTES: *Takes a drink while reviewing the daily briefings. Nearly spews red wine all over the desk.* That idiot did WHAT?! What the HELL is that moron thinking? Attacking his own people like that, it's unheard of! I'll have that moose court-martialed and keelhauled for this, mark my words! *Takes a deep breath to calm down.* First things first, Lieutenant, send a message to central command. We need to let them know what has transpired here. Inform them that I'll attempt to relieve miamimoose from command, but that we may lose some good men in the process. *Watches as the lieutenant leaves to deliver the report* **I always knew project "Blended Consciousness" was a mistake. Sure, that reprogrammed cyber-underling can prove tactically astute 25% of the time. Heck, in those momenrs it straddles the line between madness and genius - and gets off on it. . . The other 75% of the time, the damn thing's intellect is somewhere in between a blender that stuck on the lowest setting and a malfunctioning glow-in-the-dark vibrator whose WiFi camera feed refuses to be encrypted.** *Sighs.* **The real question that needs to be answered is WHY he, or rather it, chose to do this. Is it malfunctioning, feeling ambitious, or are there other forces at work? It could be that those damn Titans somehow wormed their way back into miamimoose's base code. Either way, it needs to be taken down.**
**Let's just hope that this isn't some twisted plot concocted by Central Command. They can whitewash their speeches all they want, but I KNOW that most of them don't like half-breeds.** *Takes another deep breath.* **Calm down, me, let's not get too paranoid. I should be able to pull myself out of this mess just fine. If worse comes to worse, I can always play my trump card.**
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

***To: Central Command.*** ***Status: Betrayal and Overrun*** As of the writing of this report, our fortifications are in immediate danger of being overrun. The malfunctioning toaster oven launched a surprise attack whereby it captured one of our southern bases with very little resistance. It is currently preparing to finish seizing the remaining southern fortifications and appears to be preparing to move North. The motivation behind its actions remain unclear, but it may be guilty of collusion with enemy forces. The heavy assault from the Titans situated on the West suggests that its original programming was restored by said Titans by as of yet undetermined means. However, as it has yet to make a substantive effort to reinforce its southern border, the possibility remains that it has sided with the Khrals (seeing it is a cyber-underling, it is possible that our efforts to reprogram this monstrosity somehow restored its original memory and allegiances). As conditions in the southwest quadrant are currently unknown, the cessation of Khral-Titan hostilities remains a distinct, albeit remote, possibility. We will continue in our efforts to resist both western and southern forces, but all nonessential personal are being evacuated at this time. Preparations for a final withdrawal will be in place by 0600 hours. *** End of Report***
*Pour a glass of scotch. Goes to the tent's entrance to contemplate future actions* **All in all, we appear to be rather screwed** *swirls the ice and takes a sip* **It may get away with it for now, but mark my words that walking ashtray WILL pay for this treachery.** Okay, men, let's hold them off for as long as possible and then get the hell out of this godforsaken wasteland. **I WILL return!**
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

MAIN EVENT OF THE MISSION!!! /provoked event for sapiens Alliance:/ @Miamimoose: Inside your super-protected tent with brainless minions of yours, a phone calls. *This is general McTrumphet. All I want to say is we KNEW that day will come, you pathetic piece of sht. So we planted a nuclear bomb inside your silly reprogrammed body. Ha. Ha. – his laughter seems a little bit empty and out of context for some reason. – Helping your enemies will help us now to destroy them. Oh, and you, you pathetic piece OF SHT. Have fun, the bomb explodes in five days. Did I mention you’re a pathetic piece of sht maybe? Because you are, you are. //OUTCOME OF YOUR TREASON – all sapiens allies have relations -3 with you now and you’re tossed out of Alliance. All other players gain +1 relations with you.

DUANESKI: ***kickstarts Khralean Internet server*** .... ***pinzer holding remnants of ⤳ body plugged into 50" LCD TV glares menacingly*** ... *sips blood of defeated sapiens from skull cup while reading latest tweets* #MooseOnLoose moose attacks own ally! Sapiens in shambles! #Sapiens are the sapien commanders all alcoholics? Reports say: YES. ***spits blood all over ⥂ face*** I KNEW IT!!! They're ALWAYS DRUNK. I JUST KNEW IT. @Eikonoklastes: hey I hear you have a problem with a moose. Listen. We are all friends here. You're a friend. I'm a friend. How about, you give us 2 of moose's bases. We let you keep the other four. And in fact, we even help you defend those bases. Cause that's what friends do.

[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

EIKONOKLASTES: *Considers the surprising offer from the surprisingly well-spoken Khralian commander.* **Hmm. . . This world is ultimately a lost cause. Dividing moose's bases will merely delay the inevitable, and I already have my orders. Still. . . Central Command did give me five days before withdrawing, and all southern personnel have already been evacuated. . .** *Pours another drink and looks across the smoking, pockmarked battlefield.* **Five days to make that malfunctioning rectal thermometer pay. . . That's worth a temporary alliance.** @Duaneski: I see that you've taken advantage of my peace offering and are currently capping moose's southernmost base. I agree to a temporary alliance and as a display of good faith, I shall impart a warning. Do NOT allow ⤽ under the age of eighteen to consume moose's troops. They are known to ingest a wide variety of mind altering substances (they obviously take after their commander), and I cannot even begin to speculate what effects they might have. on a still developing Khralian mind.
/temporary Alliance between Khrals and the *loyalist* sapiens forces. Thanks to Duanksy supreme charisma Eikonoklastes gains +1 relation towards ALL KHRALEAN PLAYERS.

EIKONOKLASTES: *Watches as the Titans close in on the Northern front* **Damn those mobile ashtrays and damn that miserable traitor for aiding them. Those bases are doomed, but at least we got our personnel out in time. I feel sorry for that ⤭ crew, but it's sacrifice is a necessity.** *Asseses the Khralian swarm charging in from the South.* **This land will either go to them or the Titans. If I can use them to punish that miserable wretch, then at least it won't be a total loss.** *Smiles wryly* **Time may still be on my side. I don't have to crush the traitor. I just merely need to hold out a bit longer**

/titans (masteryoda) wisely made a strong progress towards weakened sapiens forces, mostly ruining Eikonoklastes plans to kill the traitor until it’s too late.

[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

BATTLE SITUATION – the nuclear bomb inside Mooses may explode anytime – the enemy forces around him (Duaneski, masteryoda) are aware and must react.

/event/ @Duaneski: @masteryoda: you've joined moose' quest with atomic bomb, unless you abandon the sapiens frontline for the next 2 rounds until the quest is over, his faith will be shared with you/
/@Eikonoklastes: ***Report received*** Soldier, that’s not the end of a war. Retreat at once. There is absolutely no point in losing more of human lives. Also, in five days from now the bomb explodes and you’re all may be dead by then. I repeat, retreat, take a sip of that, a sniff of that, feel the beat of a tickin’ timin’ bomb and use the FKN feet until the FKN heat will be too heavy to live and breathe. Commandment peace out, love.

MASTERYODA: @miamimoose: the titan race has become fond of your treacherous ways, and have decided not to attack you, instead we intend on helping you survive your pending explosion. We expect no attacks from you, don't disappoint us.
[duaneski and masteryoda helping moose to avoid his destiny, being in range and following the events]...

/event:/ @Eikonoklastes: your luck gained you the ability to 'sacrifice' your troops by deploying atomic bomb any time you have your round. That will affect your stats, as well as moose's, duaneski's and masteryoda's (as long as they are on sap's bases range)... Do not hesitate as 2 rounds are left, but think twice about that...

/Eventually Duaneski runs before the final events and withdraws…/
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

EIKONOKLASTES: *Holds the codes to the nukes while looking out onto the battlefield* **Surrounded on all sides with no real way out. . .** DAMN IT ALL!!! *Smashes fist into table* **Just need to hold out a bit longer. The traitor will go down in flames, and it will all be over. . . Still, it doesn't sit right with me to remain passive. There must be something I can do to turn this situation around, but what? Hmm. . . Perhaps it's time for a little statecraft. . .** Attention Titan and Khralian forces! I applaud your courage! It requires tremendous bravery to deliberately walk into the blast radius of a super high yield nuclear device! In honor of your bravery, I am giving you the opportunity to extricate yourselves from this hopeless situation by withdrawing from the area. Please note that this device WILL go off. This, I'm afraid, is an inalterable reality. The WHEN, however, is another matter. Should you continue pressing your advantage, you will, I assure you, experience first hand the horrors of. nuclear armageddon. Should you withdraw here and now, the pleasure of existence shall be yours for one day more. Choose wisely.
[...but the situation didn't get any better]
EIKONOKLASTES: **Hmm. . . Looks like the *******'* troops have been eliminated. Now there's nothing to stop me from getting the hell off this planet while he goes kaboom.** Hehehe *Pours a final drink* Attention all troops. Per orders from Central Command, all remaining forces not currently engaging enemy troops are to leave the planet immediately. I repeat, you are to leave the planet immediately. **Time for me to check my bags and get the #$@% out of here!**

/eikonoklastes withdraws from the battlefield, no bomb has exploded, no commander was harmed/
(PS. sorry man, I feel that we didn’t have the same thing in mind throughout this hell, I should clarify it more. It was a prisoner dillemma from the time you were able to detonate it manually, it kinda changed the rules).

MAIN EVENT (nuclear bomb) ended.
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

/provoked event for Bulldog60/ *Lieutenant, how’s the great Sapiens Supper preparations are going?*, you ask your keen soldier. *Great sire, humans are easy and delicious. Morales are high, aye aye, thank you for taking us to this war, may the Queen Bee bless you with many many lings!*. Everything seems to go so well. Yet one thing can’t give you proper sleep. One night, you stare with your infravision eyes over the titan frontline. **Mmmh, they regrouped. What a brilliant pieces of metal sług scumbags... We need to do that as well, hope that Duaneski guy agrees… If not, maybe it’s good to use some force? Hell, they’d give me a medal for that!**

/outcome: khraleans manage to mirror titan’s strategy and switch bases, but are interrupted by Lodeous in the process, which results in losing all the premium points from that success…

THE END OF CHAPTER 1 MAIN MISSION

/FINAL outcome (additional).
LODEOUS GAINS +1 PRESTIGE, +1 STRATEGY , MASTERYODA GAINS +1 STRATEGY, +1 LUCK
BULLDOG60 gains +1 prestige +1 strategy, DUANESKI gains +1 luck.
EIKONOKLASTES gains +2 strategy, -1 luck.
MIAMIMOOSE IS FIRED OUT OF SAPIENS ALLIANCE. HE GETS +2 PRESTIGE -1 LUCK -2 CHARISMA

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 07, 2017 14:50

[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

THE REPORT FROM THE CHAPTER 1 SIDE MISSION (1v1 khralean training)
It was a training race of who's gonna reach the spot first, you can see the replay.

### /random event for: @Sniggih/ . As you rest after all-night tough training in the khralean military campus, a ring calls. *Good afternoon, sire*, you hear the voice. *I am thereby to inform you, that the Highest Command has signed you to write a little speech for our little underling kindergarten, to boost the good spirits among our brave younglings. Something about why Khralean nation is the best in the universe, and that our enemies need to die. I’m sure that such a fame as you will handle it perfectly though…*

SNIGGIH: I WRITE FOR THEM AND IT SHALL READ: Gather, gather little Lings! Let us spread thy faithful plauge, that the great KHRALEAN brings! Grow strong and mighty, until enemy screams- then resurface, pounce, and feast on their brains!

/outcome/ The video of your speech goes viral, gods knows why, and the young khrals seem to love it. Soon once again the posters of your gladiator’s past are held in local nest and hives, and sometimes even you’re lucky enough to get some free drinks. SNIGGIH gains 1 PRESTIGE.

### /provoked event for @UW-Sandman as he was losing the race/ Day after day in this queen bee’s forsaken camp. Hardly anyone to talk to… even that famous gladiator bastard is ignoring you. **The new hope… for steroid companies maybe, not our glorious nation** you think that morning. And after that, when you asked how’s he going, and he just went *Oh not much, lots of training, terribly busy*? Busy my arse… That evening you saw the little speech of… that pathetic creature. That was too much. No wonder that when today your supreme officer told you that you’re probably gonna lose this match, something broke inside you. But… maybe if you could strike his bases, making it a little more difficult for him to win? MAYBE it’s not about that stupid test at all, maybe they just check which of you has it, that madness which can lead our troops to final victory…?

Forum Index » Tournaments