[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Imbalanced Games!
Forum Index » General Discussion
Pento

Pento

Hi Sims, I never said ASAP.

But there were lots of discussions about the usability of tanks and artillery. As well the anti tank and the amphibian units need some adjustments.
Probably Speeder and maruders as well.

Lots of players agreed that the usage of the different units shrank to the most basic ones.

And i think after several month of observation adjustments could/should have been done.

Greetings
Pento

Pento

That's what the actual number one wrote some month ago and I admit I agree to everything.

Hello everyone I ‘m CHN zero. As an old player, I want to put forward some of my opinions about this game. Maybe many players knew me , but I rarely came here before. Now, My score is 2675. And I want to do my part to make this game more balance.

Units changes:

Many new units are not balanced, I will tell my feelings to you in the games between the top players.

1.salamanders are too powerful when they meet Sap. They can infected any Sap units when they are attacked, and the plague will be spread like wild-fire! Zerg players can use it beat the Sap players even the Zerg players make some big mistakes. That’s unjustified in a competitive game in my opinion. I think, “salamanders can infected ONLY ONE UNIT when they are attacked” will be reasonable.

2.BOPPERS are uncontrollable for many players. 3-3attack range and 0 defense point let them become controversial units. Many players think BOPPERS are too weak because they often destroyed by enemy easily without any damage to the enemy units. But other players think BOPPERS have 3 attack range,35% AP and they can attack after move. IN MY OPINON, BOPPERS need these changes: GH attack from 5 to 4, attack range become 2-3, defense from 0 to 2.

3.GUARDIANS are too much powerful even their GH attack decreased from 7 to 5 before. Tank Pinzer and plasma as crisp as paper when meet guardians in forest and mountain .Because guardians have 45%AP, GH attack from 5 to 4 will be reasonable.

4.BOFLY: As a 200 credits unit ,they always make 4 or even 5 damages to plasma! That’s terrible! And they are also very powerful in a zerg VS zerg battle. They are cheap, and I think BOFLY need these changes: GH attack from 6 to 4. Ariel AP% from 50% to 35%.

5.MACHES: I think Titans need more attack behavior in a battle with many forests . Not plasma and plasma x N and walkers! This strategy can beat sap easily ,but you will wait for death when you meet Zerg. I think MACHES need this change: movement from 7 to 8.

6.HELICOPERS: Sap players still can’t beat Titans when the map is big. As I said before, plasma xN and walkers always give sap players headache. Sap units are low defense when they Titans. BOPPERS can’t solve this problem because they only have 2+3 or 1+3 Operational radius. And walkers also 5 Operational radius! And you can’t put BOPPERS at the forefront because speeders will destroy them! So I think helicopter NEED THIS CHEANGE to break these phenomenon: GH attack from 7 to 8. this will be reasonable because salamanders ,guarudas,swarmers can deal with helicopters effectively. Titans also have 400 credits air destroyer
Xtynct

Xtynct

simsverd wrote:All units are avaialble to all.

How do you define "available"? All units are NOT available to all users by my definition of the word. And as I stated the ads are far to lengthy and you earn far too few UniCoins by watching them. It's a major problem when I'm playing someone who full access to all the units and I do not. When I'm the Sapiens I'm at a serious disadvantage and that disadvantage is exaggerated all the more depending on the topography of the map.

simsverd wrote:
And... you are wrong about the guardian being OP.

What is OP? I have no clue.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Xtynct wrote:
What is OP? I have no clue.

Overpowered

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Pento wrote:That's what the actual number one wrote some month ago and I admit I agree to everything.

Zero is not the actual number one. He is just one of many top players... that in my experience have very different opinions...
The balance group does not agree with all these ideas from zero... but some of the issues will be adressed.. for example the borfly being to good for its cost

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
The Impaler

The Impaler

yeah he absolutely does not speak for everyone. on the thread you pulled that from youll see many dissenters, myself included. he has great opinions but this is far from a "solved" game. there is no correct strategy ans therefore no complete imbalance.

if anything i would say the balance is owed nearly as much to the mapmakers as the actual balance team.

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
Redfog

Redfog

The Impaler wrote:yeah he absolutely does not speak for everyone. on the thread you pulled that from youll see many dissenters, myself included. he has great opinions but this is far from a "solved" game. there is no correct strategy ans therefore no complete imbalance.

if anything i would say the balance is owed nearly as much to the mapmakers as the actual balance team.

I second this. Map balance seems much more relevant to overall game balance as it compensates for each races weaknesses and strengths.
Xtynct

Xtynct

I generally only play random games and when I'm Sapiens I'm dead because I still don't have their new units. That's what this thread was started about, and the issue continues. How many millions of ads must I watch so I can use the new units? Right, a LOT. However, here's the problem; I don't play Uniwar on a new device. I'm using an iPhone 5 and a 2nd gen iPad. When I watch an ad I GET NO UNICOINS rewarded to me! And due to this system, new users are very discouraged when they lose game after game. I'm just saying the developers need to implement a better system so the games are balanced better.
Xtynct

Xtynct

And the newest aquatic units that have the ability to go subaqueous won't be very useful because so few maps have enough water tiles for it to matter.
[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

I too was unable to earn coins by watching ads for long time. The situation improved during last month so I was able to speed up my income but there is not too many items you really need. IMHO #1 thing to buy is infinite undo and #2 is bopper, not because it's strong on it's own but because it complements marauder.

If random gives you Sapiens, build marauders, a lot of them. Other blasters and amphibians are nice for diversity but not crucial, you can work around them. Guardians Ninja is so afraid of are glass cannons. Throw swarmers at them and they'll become hex wasters. But I must remark that blasters they do too much damage for their price. Artillery units which costs a ton hurt tanks for only 3 HP while blasters can score 5 damage with single hit.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 01, 2017 12:29

Xtynct

Xtynct

Pero wrote:If random gives you Sapiens, build marauders, a lot of them.

I'm sure you'd agree it depends on the map and how much income is awarded for each base. Sometimes marauders aren't worth it, especially on maps with low income and lots of mountainous terrain, "fault line" tiles, or water.
[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

Xtynct wrote:
  Pero wrote:If random gives you Sapiens, build marauders, a lot of them.

I'm sure you'd agree it depends on the map and how much income is awarded for each base. Sometimes marauders aren't worth it, especially on maps with low income and lots of mountainous terrain, "fault line" tiles, or water.

I don't see such maps in random game roster. I rolled Ambush once with titans, it's low income map, 2 bases, 100 credits each. Other guy was khralean and I had no problem spamming speeders. Marauders cost the same and I haven't seen a random game with less then 200 credits/turn. I'd like to see special maps like ones you mentioned in the roster. Mountainous map like mission 10 where parts of the map are completely divided by mountains would flat out not happen because titans wouldn't be able to play on them. At best you could have valleys made by mountains, I think Narrow Passage is such map but I can't judge how marauder would work there since I only played it as khralean. Water is something I'd like to see more of, roster maps are either completely dry or have 1 tile wide water or have naval bases 3+ turns of travel away from action.

Marauders are not 100% foolproof but they work more often then any single unit should.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01, 2017 19:45

[Avatar]
scp-079

[Avatar]
scp-079

Now the submerged will be truely IMBALANCED.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

scp-079 wrote:Now the submerged will be truely IMBALANCED.
Care to elaborate ? you are not a very experienced player, but you should give more details so others can comment on the actual issues

[Email]
llllllllll

llllllllll

Hello, i`ve read the posts in this thread and i agree with some points and disagree with others. ( Oh and sorry for my bad english writing, we never had english classes in school )

So to the topic: i agree that its kinda annoying to watch thoose ads, but its not something you must do. What i mean is if you think you can win withouth using the new units you wouldnt need to watch the ads. I for example rarely use the new units unless they are really needed for me. If i decide to use a Guardian for example its ok to watch 1 ad and have this unit unlocked to build till the end of my turn and if i have like 5 bases and want to make 5 Guardians i just have to watch 1 add instead of 5 adds wich for me is reasonable.
What i dissagree with is that a new players ( my little brother started playing 1 month ago ) every time they end theyre turn the are forced to watch an ad. The add just pops up immideatly. They can skip it yes but if by accident they click on it it starts opening browser pages over and over again and this is annoying. I started playing a little bit before the game got sold to SHG and i dont have any issue with adds after ending my turn. What i wounder is if this is intended that new players must watch an add every time they end theyre turn or its some kind of a glitch or something.
Thats my humble bad written opinion i hope i got my point clear enough. See you ingame guys. Take care
Forum Index » General Discussion