[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Done with Uniwar until they fix the game
Forum Index » General Discussion
lion37

lion37

Anonymous wrote: Frankly I can't believe the Uniwar team let ONE complaining guy lead them to make all these changes.

1) You cannot believe it because you know its not true.
2) Login if you want to have a serious discussion.
3) I am tired of being attacked by anonymous posters just for trying to make this game better.
4) Yes, I know its just a game. But its one we all like or we would not be on this forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17, 2009 13:04

Anonymous

Anonymous
Wow you definitely seem like the type of player to offer fair and well thought out balance suggestions. No signs of you being too emotionally invested at all.
Anonymous

Anonymous
here are my reasons for quitting uniwar:

i'm tired of...

- flipping through 10 pages to find the game i want. either return me to the last page i was on before joining a game, or give me some kind of search filter so i can quickly/easily find the games i want to play.

- flipping through 20 maps to get to the map i want to set up. instead, i'd like to see thumnails of all maps on a single scrollable page and only show a larger preview of the map when i tap on it.

- the single random factor per round, instead of per attack.

- not being able to set a minimum rating requirement when setting up a game.

- not being able to deny an invite.

- not being able to invite someone else to fill a spot abandoned by another player.

- late chat messages from my teammate that arrive after i've made a move.

- the skip player feature. skipping should only be allowed after round 3. in rounds 1-3, the player should be kicked, so the teammate(s) remaining can abandon the game without affecting his score.

- not being able to undo any non-attack action (heal, bury)

- broken 1v1 maps where the first player will almost always win (forest walk, too close, scramble, gold rush, green valley, mercury, etc.)

some "nice to have" features i'd like to see implemented:

+ push notifications.

+ a monthly ladder with token medals awarded to top players which can then be seen in their profile. this would be a better indicator of experience than an ongoing single score. starting anew monthly would prevent players from reaching a certain level, then never playing again just so they don't risk losing their rank.

+ ability to see a full game replay when the game is finished (good for learning, as well as exposing cheaters)

+ ability to take over a kicked players pieces by the next teammate.

fix all these issue and maybe we'll come back to uniwar.
[Avatar]
Mew2468

[Avatar]
Mew2468

Anonymous wrote:
- flipping through 20 maps to get to the map i want to set up. instead, i'd like to see thumnails of all maps on a single scrollable page and only show a larger preview of the map when i tap on it.

Completely agree! I hate flicking 30 times just to get to 8 player maps.

Anonymous wrote:
+ push notifications.

Push would be very nice
Hachiman

Hachiman

Anonymous wrote: here are my reasons for quitting uniwar:

i'm tired of...

- flipping through 10 pages to find the game i want. either return me to the last page i was on before joining a game, or give me some kind of search filter so i can quickly/easily find the games i want to play.

- the single random factor per round, instead of per attack.

- not being able to set a minimum rating requirement when setting up a game.

- not being able to deny an invite.

- not being able to invite someone else to fill a spot abandoned by another player.

- late chat messages from my teammate that arrive after i've made a move.

- the skip player feature. skipping should only be allowed after round 3. in rounds 1-3, the player should be kicked, so the teammate(s) remaining can abandon the game without affecting his score.

- not being able to undo any non-attack action (heal, bury)

- broken 1v1 maps where the first player will almost always win (forest walk, too close, scramble, gold rush, green valley, mercury, etc.)

some "nice to have" features i'd like to see implemented:

+ push notifications.

+ a monthly ladder with token medals awarded to top players which can then be seen in their profile. this would be a better indicator of experience than an ongoing single score. starting anew monthly would prevent players from reaching a certain level, then never playing again just so they don't risk losing their rank.

+ ability to see a full game replay when the game is finished (good for learning, as well as exposing cheaters)

+ ability to take over a kicked players pieces by the next teammate.

fix all these issue and maybe we'll come back to uniwar.

These are all excellent suggestions for improvement, but IMHO very trivial reasons to quit playing. No one really cares if you quit, it just makes you sound petulant.
lion37

lion37

Anonymous wrote: here are my reasons for quitting uniwar:

i'm tired of...

Just to be clear - this is not my post.
I wish people would login before posting.
Anonymous

Anonymous
there's already been a mass exodus of top players. too many cheats to rank up and not enough improvements being made to the game.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Lion37--

The reason a lot of people don't login may have something to do with the fact that this site runs like hell on an iphone. It's actually really tough to log in, stay logged in (it seems to drop you randomly) and post a comment the "right" way (plus the links tend to open in frames) as opposed to how simple and easy it is to just hit "quick reply"

Why an iphone game's website barely runs on the iphone is beyond me but there you go
lion37

lion37

Anonymous wrote: Lion37--

The reason a lot of people don't login may have something to do with the fact that this site runs like hell on an iphone. It's actually really tough to log in, stay logged in (it seems to drop you randomly) and post a comment the "right" way (plus the links tend to open in frames) as opposed to how simple and easy it is to just hit "quick reply"

Why an iphone game's website barely runs on the iphone is beyond me but there you go

Thanks Anonymous.
I agree with you and I wish they would fix this login issue.

I was just worried that someone would think I am the one posting these Anonymous posts since I started this thread. So just to be clear, its not me posting Anonymously. I always login before posting.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Hachiman, i've beaten you so many times it's not even funny. you suck at this game.
didude

didude

I'm sure you guys realize that the team is trying to make the game easier for everyone. This thread is nothing but a bitch box with little disappointment.
Hachiman

Hachiman

Hachiman, i've beaten you so many times it's not even funny. you suck at this game.

Says the anonymous coward. FYI the only one who's beaten me anything like that many times is Lion37, in a very specific setup.

So you're a liar as well as a coward.

Your mother must be so proud.
Anonymous

Anonymous
hachiman how come you kick me out whenever i join your game? who's calling who a coward?
Hachiman

Hachiman

How could I kick you when I don't even know who you are, AC?

You get smarter by the minute.
Anonymous

Anonymous
you know who i am. i'm the guy you won't allow into your game because i've beaten you so many times. don't be afraid to play me.
Forum Index » General Discussion