[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Ranking Poll: Separate Ranking for 1 vs. 1 and Team matches?
Forum Index » General Discussion
Separate the rankings for single player and team matches
Keep One Unified Ranking for all mode types 34% [ 20 ]
Split Rankings between FFA and Team matches 25% [ 15 ]
Rankings for 1v1, 1vAny and team matches separately 41% [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 59
Unimarobj

Unimarobj

Yo, anonym, I don't cheat man. My rating is like...1820 I wanna say? But I've lost as many games as I've won. I don't know how to cheat, nor do I care for it. It's just dumb.
I do like the highest ranking feature though! Good suggestion!
luis91

luis91

I have choosen this option: Rankings for 1v1, 1vAny and team matches separately

and in my opinion it would be great to reset the ranking every 3 months!

I am playing since a few months and i got almost to 1800 today ( but lost almost 70 points in 5 matches -.- ). So its very hard to get close to the top and a reset would be very great to give new players a chance too.
Orion3T

Orion3T

I don't think I voted before I viewed results on this, but I think 3 seperate rankings would definitely be best - quite different tactics are required for each type of game so it would be nice, for example, not to have your losses on random 1v1s reflected in team games where you might have strong teamwork.

Similarly 1vAny games are a different beast altogether, considerable luck and often a lot of politics on those games I have noticed.

As for players beating on Bots etc - each game type has a different way to build your ranking in ways which are probably dubious at best. This is not including blatant hacks which are a different beast altogether. This wouldn't make that any worse but it would probably make it require more efort to get comparable rankings in all 3 game types.
[Avatar]
dr34dn0ught

[Avatar]
dr34dn0ught

yeeeeees please split up the rankings, tho team matches are fun i dont play any rank ones because i always ended up being the last man standing, n its almost impossible to carry your team by yourself.

Life is too short to skip dessert
cletus

cletus

soupnet wrote: I enjoy playing team games but I find myself infuriated when I'm teamed up with noobs who quit half way, don't take their turns, don't communicate or listen, turtle in their corner while you take on the other team for them, or would rather their team mate lose a base than take damage to one of their units.

I think two separate ratings are a great idea.

"Whatever you do, don't move tha.... oh you moved it. Well that's ok we can recover just make sure you.... oh you didn't listen again. Hold on, I'll send some backup. How many credits do you have? Hello? ..... Hello?"

Your team mate surrendered.

-20 rating

It would be great if you could somehow assume control of the pieces of your kicked/removed teammates. That might not be realistic, but at a minimum I think you should be able to attack their pieces. Sometimes a game could still be salvaged if only you could clear your former teammate's pieces off of his bases.

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

cletus --> That's in effect in starcraft, and it works wonderfully well. With a mate we got a 4v4 random game started up, but to our sad surprise both our 2 teammates left just when the game stared >.<
But we could control the other 2 bases, and that meant 2x resources for both me and my teammate. I think the opponent who said "please stay so we can crush you " regretted it big time afterwards... xD

But yeah, make it so you can move his units wouldn't be a bad idea but I hardly see how this is possible on a turn based strat game...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]

[Avatar]

Anonymous wrote: instead, how about a monthly reset and a history of your monthly rank in your profile.

something like this:
http://www.gpokr.com/profile/27928899

That is a terrible suggestion.
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

My suggestions are as follows:

1. All players must play at least 2 or 3 Random games a week. Opponents should be chosen from relatives rated fighters.

2. Not need to do reset the ranking or separate it (individual and team) as it significantly complicates the system, and eventually everything will only get worse. This will be a revolution that will spoil everything. We will lose the old and new will be much worse and confusing.

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
Forum Index » General Discussion