[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar Hack Revealed! - 2 week notice
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
The Dogalyst

The Dogalyst

moerderin1 wrote: The Dogalyst you sound like you need a shoulder to cry on.

You just keep proving how much of an asshole you are.
moerderin1

moerderin1

Nobody is disagreeing with you there. I hack and cheat in games, and make others lives miserable. For that I truly am sorry. (although I'm not going to change, its just who I am, and what I do)

Although I'm sure if you met me in person you'd see that I really am a nice guy.
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

We have implemented a fix for this on the server side which will be pushed shortly.
Anybody found with a hack will be PERMANENTLY banned from the game and the forums.

The UniWar Team
Xaranth

Xaranth

..and whats about our game now? OCTAL 1800up
whitecat cheatet again and killed my 9 heli with a 7 garuda....there is no bann....what should we do UNIWAR team??? surrender and let him win this game and hope that we ll ve in future fair enemies?
Orion3T

Orion3T

What's the point in this? By abusing a hak and then telling everyone how to do it, how does that make anything any more fun for anyone?

The appropriate response is to inform the developers privately, to tell nobody else and to not abuse it at all.

As a developer on another game I make no hesitation in naming you as the culprit for potentially ruining a lot of fun for a lot of people.

Claiming it's for the benefit of the game 'to make it more secure' is a lie, plain and simple. Everyone knows that so why even bother with the facade. Nothing you have done benefits anyone, other than perhaps you by expanding your ego.
Kingfish

Kingfish

I am in complete agreement. I just BOUGHT this game. I have had a great time playing it. However, I am in a game right now with several other people playing against a player with the name imACheater no less. Well he is obviously using this glitch considering he's killed a chopper with 10 health witha marauder with 6 taking no dmg along with some other obvious ridiculous crap.

My opinion on this subject. Yes, games are prone to people hacking them but NOTHING can make a game become very lame quicker than rampant cheating. I paid $5 for this game which isn't much but really irritates me that cheating is an issue and I expect it to be dealt with. I didn't buy the game for the offline content and really don't want to have to worry about this so please fix. So, suggestions on how to fix, first obviously is fix the code so that it isn't so easy to exploit, second and very key here, KICK ANYBODY OFF THE GAME WHO IS FOUND TO BE CHEATING!!! Have a way to report it, I am sure some logging of games is kept so it should be easy to identify when someone is reported. At a very minimum I would expect to see a way to report and then kick them out of the game. At 5 dollars a pop I'd think it wouldn't be worth to keep creating accounts so that you could continue to cheat.

Anyway, I am very irritated by this whole matter and really annoyed that I bought this game now that I have found out that this is a problem. I am a droid user but think I will at a minimum have to change my rating of the game on the market place and leave a comment if this isn't addressed soon. I think the game is alot of fun and hoping this can be dealt with so I can continue to enjoy it.
[Avatar]
fleabite

[Avatar]
fleabite

The Runner-up Online Multiplayer Game of the Year is quickly becoming the Farce of the Year. I used to love this game, but now most matches have cheaters. Despite the assertion by kralux to the contrary, the hack is not fixed and I just witnessed it in a game yesterday.

I agree with Kingfish. If an avenue for reporting offenders is provided, assuming cheating reports can be substantiated, then banning cheaters will have a chilling effect. At least the developers will get to collect money every time a cheater has to get a new ID.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

While being able to report cheaters, I never had this kind of problem, so I'm failing to see how this game is failing. I'm sure there are cheaters, it has been demonstrated in several occasions, and that guy saying he is cheating and offering to "help" is pathetic, too much for words.

So yeah, even though I personally don't have problems, it would be an obligation for Xpressed to fix this issue.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
malachi

malachi

The problem here is that since the developers have been unresponsive in the past, players think they have to go to extreme measures to get them to act. It is much better for the community for a hacker to go public and simultaneously force the developers to take notice while warning players of what to look out for. Keeping it secret would delay the fix, and allow others to keep cheating.
Orion3T

Orion3T

malachi wrote: The problem here is that since the developers have been unresponsive in the past, players think they have to go to extreme measures to get them to act. It is much better for the community for a hacker to go public and simultaneously force the developers to take notice while warning players of what to look out for. Keeping it secret would delay the fix, and allow others to keep cheating.

You can warn players exactly what to look out for without telling everyone how to do the hack.

A more appropriate 'extreme measure' is to put pressure on the developers by threatening to give bad reviews and make those considering buying the game aware that it is hacked i.e. plain old bad publicity. This would not further increase cheating and would probably provide a greater incentive to developers to get it fixed so it no longer discourages new players. Spreading the exploit further only affects those who already paid for the game.

I am saying this having just been cheated on by a player who seemed to think a 7 Pinzer can hit a Wyrm for 8 damage, among other things. I don't care what terrain it was on (in this case swamp!) - that is not possible. I have screenshots as proof and have reported it directly to the team. I hope to hear back from them shortly.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Hum, a 7 pinzer doing 8 damage to a wyrm with 0 DEFENSE seems higly probable... I don't see how's that cheating at all
Then if it was a garuda or a plasma tank then I would agree...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Orion3T

Orion3T

Nicko wrote: Hum, a 7 pinzer doing 8 damage to a wyrm with 0 DEFENSE seems higly probable... I don't see how's that cheating at all
Then if it was a garuda or a plasma tank then I would agree...

OK Nicko feel free to test it by starting an offline vs match and playing both sides yourself. I did exactly this and despite trying about 30 times the Pinzer never hit for more than 6. Never 7 and definitely never 8. My 99% certainty before doing the test was thus increased to 99.9% certainty.

I have never seen any unit deal more damage than its current HP except this one case with the hacker. I'm 99.9% certain it's not legitimately possible.

The most extreme way to test this is to get an engineeer/infector/assimilator , dump it on a swamp and hit it with a damaged helicopter or battery. Despite having 12 attack against -2 defense (+14 difference which is massive) I bet they will still only hit for their current HP. Now take into account that the Pinzer was on a swamp and the Wyrm has 1 defense even on forest, and it's even less possible in the situation I posted with shadowking.

But if I'm wrong please let me know and I will consider myself to have been educated.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 29, 2010 05:47

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Hrm I mistook the wyrm for the support units, artillery does have defense although a low one.

No need to correct or prove yourself, just tested it and I have the same results, sorry I don't even know why I wrote that. Well could you give us his name so that we don't play with him? Or did you put him up on the "unstrustworthy uniwarrior" list??

Again sorry for doubting you, I am wrong and you were right!

Wandering...
Orion3T

Orion3T

Nicko wrote: Hrm I mistook the wyrm for the support units, artillery does have defense although a low one.

No need to correct or prove yourself, just tested it and I have the same results, sorry I don't even know why I wrote that. Well could you give us his name so that we don't play with him? Or did you put him up on the "unstrustworthy uniwarrior" list??

Again sorry for doubting you, I am wrong and you were right!

Hey no worries - quite right to question, I'd rather find out I am wrong than continue believeing I am right when I'm not. If you got the impression I didn't like your comment then blame it entirely on the limitations of text communication combined with my writing skills.

The player's name is in the above post and on the untrustworthy thread already - but the more players who know the better, so to save you the bother of looking it up the player was 'shadowking'.

As an aside I haven't heard back from Kralux yet - what's the best way to report this sort of thing, anyone know?
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I thought it was someone else than that shadowking, thanks for clarifying that for me.
To be clear myself, you did not seem nasty, angry or bitchy in your post, you even seemed smarter than most of the guys on the internet. Don't get too cocky though, it's trolls i'm talking about

Well I said it number of times on that site but I'd say the best way to attract their attention is by sending an email to support@uniwar.com , but even on there they don't seem to react (I didn't tried it myself). I may be mistaken, but or they are too concentrated on programming a sequel to the game, or they just abandon their game. I sure hope it's the first option, uniwar is such a great game

Ya hear kralux? Ya better be making that sequel or I'll come down there and kick your butts to work

Wandering...
Forum Index » Guides & Tips