[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Ethics in a multiplayer game
Forum Index » General Discussion
asdf

asdf

No such thing as ethics in a ffa. It is a free-for-all, anything goes. To try and make up rules that you shouldn't attack a certain player based on certain conditions is ludicrous. Don't attack me just because I have the most points? Ridiculous. Don't gang up on any player? Ridiculous. Teams are bound to be formed in ffa because that is just good strategy.
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

I think this is as much of an issue for us as it is in real life. obviously the goal is to win, and some people are going to be Machiavellian and "do whatever is necessary", whereas some people have a sense of honor. i think that if it can be done within the normal limits of the game, (ie: no hax) then it is fair game. it might not be the most ethical thing to do, but again, the point of the game is to win.
I personally have no issues with this (although i dont really do FFA), because it increase the amount of actual "strategy" in the game, like predicting what your opponent is going to do. if there are no teams, then your opponent will probably just attack where he sees the easiest opening. if there are teams, then you opponent might not attack his teammate, or he might not until he sees a good opening. both opponents will know that they have to fight each other eventually, and so will become less trusting of each other as they begin to eliminate opponents.
overall, while it might not be very nice, unofficial teaming is a great way to increase the amount of strategy in the game instead of it just being a complex game of rock, paper, scissors.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

asdf:
From all the posts you've made here it's clear we can make one conclusion: you're weak and you cover it up by being a coward.
I'd like to see how you react if every FFA you see players gang up on you, but then again it won't happen since even on 1 on 1 you're being a pansy. Come on, just play against one race as the same race on the same map over and over and over??? Where's the fun?
I'm saying this just for others not to listen to asdf if you're against cowardliness, he's a master of it.
Well all I have to say regarding the topic is not much since I don't play a lot of FFA, but that's for a reason: I hate them. People always end up ganging on someone and theres no fun.
Unrated with friends sure, rated now way

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
asdf

asdf

lol. Nicko, you are an idiot.
MasonC

MasonC

Nicko wrote: asdf:
From all the posts you've made here it's clear we can make one conclusion: you're weak and you cover it up by being a coward.
I'd like to see how you react if every FFA you see players gang up on you, but then again it won't happen since even on 1 on 1 you're being a pansy. Come on, just play against one race as the same race on the same map over and over and over??? Where's the fun?
I'm saying this just for others not to listen to asdf if you're against cowardliness, he's a master of it.
Well all I have to say regarding the topic is not much since I don't play a lot of FFA, but that's for a reason: I hate them. People always end up ganging on someone and theres no fun.
Unrated with friends sure, rated now way

That is a 5 point post if you ask me (can't say asdf had much to say to that)
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Care to say why I'm an idiot then?

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

asdf wrote: lol. Nicko, you are an idiot.

or should i say:
  asdf wrote: Nicko, you're right, but i'm too immature to admit it, so i'm going to resort to petty insults to help myself believe i'm not horribly losing this argument.
asdf

asdf

lol. idiots.

I don't play ffa because sooner or later you are bound to be ganged up on. You can't defend against a gang no matter how good of a player you are.

There is nothing wrong with ganging up on a player. It is ffa. You are free to attack or not attack who you want. Do you actually think there should be rules concerning who you get to attack? If so, then it is no longer ffa.

One map? Who says I only play one map? I play lots of maps. I happen to enjoy a particular matchup because it is the most fun. I play this game for fun, not for any points or whatever. Whether you don't find it fun or not is irrelevant to me.

Coward? How so? There is no such thing as cowardice or bravery in uniwar. My liking a certain matchup because it is the most fun doesn't mean I'm scared of the other matchups. Only a total idiot would call someone a coward. I play what I play because it is the most fun, end of story. To try and introduce the concept of cowardice is unbelievably idiotic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11, 2010 14:52

Sphink

Sphink

I feel sorry for asdf... He only has fun if he wins, so he only plays a certain race on a certain map to give him an advantage so he can have fun winning an easily won game. He obviously has a loosing complex and hates loosing so much he only plays certain games. I think it's beyond getting points for him and only about winning. If he wins he has fun, if he looses he dosnt so he only plays games where he knows he has a decient chance to win. It's not like he's in the top ten or anything. So if you don't like it don't play him lol... Or play him and try to make him sad his "unbeatable" strategy didn't work.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
asdf

asdf

lol. what an idiot.

I never said I was a good player. I win around 1/2 my matches. How is that holding on to an advantage? I play alot of maps, and I don't think I have an advantage in any of them. Every strategy has a counter. There is no such thing as an unbeatable strategy. Well, if you suck, then I guess you would think someone is using an unbeatable strategy on you.

Before pulling stuff out of your ass, actually think about what you say before you say it. Besides making stuff up, you are also making stupid conclusions. What an idiot.

Why play a game if not for fun?
Solitary

Solitary

Fun = only entering a competative environment if you know you have an advantage?

Fun = arranging with other players to remove the strongest player from the game as soon as possible without regard for your own positional strength?

Whatever we do for fun within this game is I imagine largely a matter of personal taste but I go out looking for strong opposition and play them on maps and in situations where they have an equal chance to me. That's what a fun game is by my own definition as I like to hone my own skills as much as I can and this is only possible in "fair" games. I see other definitions of fun appearing in asdf's posts xD.

Asdf, I think you're an idiot .

MasonC

MasonC

asdf wrote: lol. what an idiot.

I never said I was a good player. I win around 1/2 my matches. How is that holding on to an advantage? I play alot of maps, and I don't think I have an advantage in any of them. Every strategy has a counter. There is no such thing as an unbeatable strategy. Well, if you suck, then I guess you would think someone is using an unbeatable strategy on you.

Before pulling stuff out of your ass, actually think about what you say before you say it. Besides making stuff up, you are also making stupid conclusions. What an idiot.

Why play a game if not for fun?

Ok so your just a annoying poster which does not want any one to no your real username.There are unbeatable strategy's on scramble and one or two other maps and stop calling everyone idiots.
asdf

asdf

lol. If someone says something idiotic, then I'll call him an idiot. If you think I've said something idiotic, then go ahead and call me an idiot. I got a thick skin. I don't get bothered by words unlike some people.

Wow, there actually are unbeatable strategies on certain maps? What maps and for what matchups? Sounds like either a map and/or race balance problem. I don't play scramble myself. I don't like the really small maps.
Solitary

Solitary

asdf wrote:
Wow, there actually are unbeatable strategies on certain maps? What maps and for what matchups? Sounds like either a map and/or race balance problem. I don't play scramble myself. I don't like the really small maps.

Lol, are you serious? I find it amazing you've been trolling these forums since before I started playing and you still don't know that xD. Blue sapiens can't lose on scramble or green valley and they shouldn't really lose on jungle either tbh. Blue khrals beat titans on montevideo I think if your name is iluvkim, he didn't seem keen on playing me as red sapiens and it's highly unlikely a same race matchup on a map that size is dependant on the first move. There's also some guy who constantly hosts blue titans on dead monk which I'm going to test out one day as he seems to be over 2300 just from that one matchup.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15, 2010 05:55

asdf

asdf

lol. Trolling? umm, ok. I don't read every thread. My bad.

I play montevideo once in a while and imo titans own that map vs krahls. Then again, I'm not a good player, so my opinion doesn't mean much. It's hard for krahls to overcome the titan's superior range on that map. Plus teleport shenanigans make the bottom a horrible choke point against krahls. Any tips on how blue khrals are superior to titans on montevideo?

I think the dead monk guy is Ichiro. He doesn't play me regardless of which race I pick. Perhaps it's because my rating is so low compared to his. Nevertheless, if he doesn't want to play me, big deal. I'll just play somebody else. No reason to get mad because someone doesn't want to play you.
Forum Index » General Discussion