[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Named and Shamed \o/
Forum Index » General Discussion
wungman

wungman

MasonC wrote: Well I am glad that admitted it at last it must have gotten boring playing bots all the time.

i wasn't reluctant to admit, just misread the first post to begin with. nor do i really think it's all that wrong to play bots. and honestly, it's still kinda fun to play bots. i still play a game or two every now and then.
Solitary

Solitary

I think the main point is not whether it's fun to play bots or otherwise, they're just pretty easy opposition to make you the rank 7 player in the game xD.
wungman

wungman

yeah, i don't disagree with you there. i don't frequent this forum much ... just happened to see this thread. have the admins or developers said anything about re-working the ranking? I assume not since the ranking has been like this for as long as i played the game.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Thanks for the confession!

The devs are going to fix some ratings, but I think bot farmers won't be penalized...only the people that play against themselves...like lehi and allout, who were removed from the ladder recently.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
MasonC

MasonC

I think it would be best if bots could not be played in rated games it makes farming to easy.
chair

chair

wungman wrote:
  Solitary wrote:Or you can just admit here in front of everyone that your ranking is not genuine.

ok, is everyone here? my ranking ... is not ... genuine.

ok, why the confession now?
i didn't read the post carefully ... didn't see the part about bot farming.

long story short, bought this game just to play with friends. didn't care to play with strangers. started playing bots to learn. friends stopped playing. i just kept playing bots since then. realize i can play rated games with bots, then made it a goal to see if i can get over 3k points that way. (at the time, the 1st place user only had 3k points). after crossing that threshold, stopped playing all together, until recently when my friends started playing again. i've never created additional accounts, only played bots (free for all, full planet map).

hope this confession is acceptable to y'all!

Wow, I can't believe all you nubs believed this piece of crap, lie of an explanation. just FYI, when the point gap is > 700 points you stop getting points for winning. Considering bots only have a max score of 1500 (usually around 1300-1400), the highest score you can get from playing bots is only around 2000, and that's IF you play hundreds of games, towards the end you only get 1 point per game.
Solitary

Solitary

Chair, you're a moron.

Read what was typed again, if you need some help I'll put the important bits in big letters .
wungman

wungman

you do get less and less points each time you play as you move up in rank/points. the last two games i played, one game i got zero points, another i got 3. you don't have to believe me, just try it yourself. play full planet (original) rated, non-team, 1 vs 7 bots.

when you first start off (assume you're at 1500), you get ~ 10 points per game won. more or less i don't recall since that was a while ago. you start earning less and less ... but you still get a little bit. the zero point game mentioned above only happened recently. by then i was already over 3k.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Yeah.
Kralux told me that if I lost to lehi (when he was still on the ladder), I would expect to lose 1 point and if I won, gain around 30 points.

So typically you gain at least 1 point per win, even if you're a good 2500+ points ahead of your opponent, but I suppose 0 is possible.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 27, 2010 15:37

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Lol the bots weren't always around 1300-1500, there was a time where they reached 1700 xD
Nixflix knows why I believe, not sure about the others

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

what's that nicko?

[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix