[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
A vague ramble about things I find annoying xD.
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Solitary

Solitary

Ermmmm, did you read all of that or did you get bored halfway down? I think khral have an edge against titan currently although it's not as drastic as other matchups but if my suggested change of lowered infector cost went through then the matchup would become more imbalanced, unless something went through to offset it.

I also think the whole big map/small map thing is one of the reasons why it's so hard to balance the game.
Hachiman

Hachiman

Solitary wrote: Ermmmm, did you read all of that or did you get bored halfway down? I think khral have an edge against titan currently although it's not as drastic as other matchups but if my suggested change of lowered infector cost went through then the matchup would become more imbalanced, unless something went through to offset it.

No, I just think that chains of changes like that are likely to introduce more (unforeseen) problems. It's better to keep balance changes, small, incremental, isolated. Maybe make reduce the Infector cost 50, see what effect it has, THEN worry about flow on effects or reducing the cost further. Or even better, try to fix Khral vs Sap without affecting Titans (which admittedly may not be possible, but improving Khral vs Heli might be an option).

Solitary wrote:
I also think the whole big map/small map thing is one of the reasons why it's so hard to balance the game.

Hence why individual / automatic starting credit handicapping for each match-up on each map is attractive.
Solitary

Solitary

I don't believe the problem to be helicopters as garudas eat helis for breakfast on a cost for cost basis. Garudas can't break through a marine meatshield though and that doesn't even have to do with air attack of marines as even if it was two then marines + helis would still mow down khral ground units with barely any loss in hitpoints. I don't like the idea of giving underling an air attack particularly but something needs to be done either with swarmer, underling or infector.

It's the low cost of marines relative to the high cost of anything which counters them I find to be the central problem. Khral units are high cost so either your underlings get owned by helis and you can't break the marine shield in time or you end up too orientated towards ground units and can't stop the helis.

Killing marines with khral isn't hard but it eats all your tempo because your units are so expensive relative to the cost of a marine and leaves you open to counterattack, normally with game ending results.
Xenai

Xenai

I think it's worth noting that an infector cost decrease of 50 may be much more significant than it seems on the surface, as it will reduce the number of terms required to get a garuda/infector combination out from 4 to 3 on 2 base maps and 3 to 2 on 3 base maps, and will also make that combination available from the second round for red on certain maps.
Forum Index » New Feature Request