[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Hydronauts vs. Garuda
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

my last reply missed your latest. Interesting – so talking about really huge numbers. Why would Khral players wait until the hydro line is 4 lines deep? That's a long time, and I don't see the advantage to them, since clearly then the ranged units can do much more damage than those that require proximity. Attacking when you have a mostly full 2-deep line of Garuda against a partial (or short 2-deep) line of Hydros seems more reasonable.

I was thinking when playing it that the right Titan strategy might be having a fair number of assimilators along the back wall and build up there, with the added bonus of a big UV pop when Garudas first close, in addition to the healing. Maybe there's something there.
asdf

asdf

You can always get beat if you don't play correctly. Blockers on those island are very disruptive. Krahls will have to get through them, so each attack on a teleporter is an attack not on a hydro. Those add up.

The hydro line is as deep as you let it get. The longer the krahls player waits to advance, the deeper the hydro line gets. The garuda line would only possibly wrap around on the terrain on the sides, or possibly on the islands if they kill the blockers. Still, advancing your garudas away from your bases and towards the titans bases will leave your units out of position when they start getting popped. Any hydros you don't manage to kill off in your turn will just retreat to safety and healing.

But don't take my word for it. You try playing as krahls against a good titans player on naval war. You'll be in for a rude awakening if you think garudas are all you need.
Forum Index » General Discussion