[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Features On Uniwar: Terrain/Units/Gameplay/Skills
Forum Index » New Feature Request
yingy

yingy

I have a few ideas for premium features so that people who would like to support the game further can enhance their abilities and make their gaming experience for them and the developers get some extra cash. These include Premium Units, Skills, New Gameplay and Terrain.

Premium Units:

These are a selection of units which a player can purchase from the "Shop" and use them in-game. Although they are purchased with real money, this does not mean that they will be unbalancing the game because of their existence.
Their price may vary, but the price I suggest for all of the in a one bundle should be £0.69 or $0.99. Also, the names can change but these are names that I have given to them for now.

Levithiantion-Sapiens

A mechanised base on wheels, it is a mobile mother ship which can create units that are fairly unique to the mother ship, and cannot be created by the standard base. For example, the mother ship it self will have a low attack, but high defence since it is like a mobile base.

Aerobanautic: Aerial Unit
Cost: 950
Attack Range:2
Mobility:4
Attack Strength:
Ground Light: 5
Ground Heavy:2
Aerial:4
Aquatic:2
Defence Strength:9
Capture Bases: No
Attack after move: No
Repair:3
Actions/Turn:1
Vision:6
Special Ability: Manufacture of other units.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13, 2012 12:50

yingy

yingy

Kamikazim: A small burrowing craft, made from captured Titan Speeder, it can burrow at surprising speeds and carries a small, but powerful bomb,which can be detonated near an enemy to produce the most spectacular fireworks show ever!

Cost:50
Attack Range: 1
Mobility: 14
Attack Strength:
Ground Light: 13
Ground Heavy:9
Aerial: N/A Cannot attack Aerial Units
Aquatic N/A Cannot attack Aquatic Units
Defence Strength: 0
Repair: 1
Actions/Turn: 1
Vision: 3
Special Ability: Tectronium Bomb

Danpitrons: Ground Light

Small crab like creatures who can be fitted with mobile rocket launchers, they are quick, very nimble and is very hard to kill at short range because of their nimbleness.

Cost:125
Attac k Range:1-2
Mobility: 7
Attack Strength:
Ground Light: 6
Ground Heavy 4
Aerial: 10
Aquatic:5
Defence Strength:8
Attack after move: Yes
Repair:1
Actions/Turn: 2
Vision:4
Special Ability: N/A

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13, 2012 13:03

yingy

yingy

Deplorarexes: Khraleans

A mother, but not a moving ship, this giant insect can lay up to 5000 eggs in its lifetime, but other than that, it’s just a massive beast with dozens of fangs that squirt venom at nearby enemies. It’s fat body and thin legs make it very hard to move in mountainous places and hinder its ability to move quickly.

Cost:1000
Attack Range:1
Mobility: 4
Attack Strength:
Ground Light: 4
Ground Heavy 2
Aerial: 6
Aquatic:4
Defence Strength:10
Actions/Turn: 1
Vision:6
Special Ability: Able to create other units.

Anorixieas

Is it even alive? This swirling mass has no definite shape, it looks like a massive glob of dirt, but once it comes near it’s foes, it engulfs them and swallows them whole, it can destroy whole buildings and roads. But it cannot move while it is attacking an enemy.

Cost:400
Attack Range:1
Mobility: 8
Attack Strength:
Ground Light: 9
Ground Heavy 7
Aerial:
Aquatic:5
Defence Strength:8
Actions/Turn: 2
Vision:4
Special Ability: N/A

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 13, 2012 13:03

yingy

yingy

Scoprionies- Khraleans

Engineered bio insect will latch onto any mechanical or organic matter and eat it's way in, they cannot be shaken off so be careful not to end up with these on your unit. When an swarm of these land on your unit, it's time to forget about it.

Cost:75
Attack Range: 1
Mobility:10
Attack Strength:
Ground Heavy:1
Ground Light:2
Aerial:3
Aquatic:1
Defence Strength:0
Special Ability: Cannot be destroyed if lands on an enemy.

TT-AT Mk. 02-Titans

A giant mobile base on cattapillar tracks, it has componium armour and has eight hangers where scrap metal and iron ore can be converted into drones and flying droids.

Drones:
These are radio controlled drones which can go forward your main forces to scout ahead for enemies and then report back. They are also very good at uncovering enemy activity.
Cost:300
Attack Range: 6
Mobility:16
Attack Strength:
Ground Heavy:4
Ground Light:3
Aerial:2
Aquatic:1
Defence Strength:2
Capture Bases: Yes
Repair:7
Special Ability: Can reveal the whole map for 4 turns, but it has a 6 turn cooldown.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13, 2012 12:54

yingy

yingy

Droids:

Droids is an robotic scout but it is armed with pulse emitters and it is very good at taking down heavy ground forces, although it lacks in protection, it’s heavy firepower compensates for it.

Cost:800
Attack Range: 5
Mobility:6
Attack Strength:
Ground Heavy:14
Ground Light:6
Aerial:13
Aquatic:14
Defence Strength:1

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13, 2012 12:55

yingy

yingy

Skills:
Skills, this is a booster pack where players can upgrade their race further by having a boost in these crucial areas. Damage, Speed and Health Regeneration. NOTE: All boosters can only be used three times in each game, any given unit can have all the boosters but the boosters can only be used on 4 units in any given game. The booster lasts for the remainder of the game when activated. The boosters will not stack so you cannot use Skill Pack 1 boosters when Skill Pack 2 boosters are active, or vice versa, the same applies to Skill Pack 3.

Skill Pack 1:
Speed booster: this enhances the selected unit’s mobility, increasing it by one square.
Damage booster: this enhances the selected unit’s attack, increasing it by one attack.
Health booster: this enhances the selected unit’s repair, increasing it by one health.

Skill Pack 2:

Speed booster: this enhances the selected unit’s mobility, increasing it by two square.
Damage booster: this enhances the selected unit’s attack, increasing it by two attack.
Health booster: this enhances the selected unit’s repair, increasing it by two health.

Skill Pack 3:
Invisibility booster: this booster renders your unit invisible until the end of the game, but it becomes visible if you attack an enemy while invisible.
Invincibility booster: this booster will make your unit immune to any amount of attacks that an enemy launches, however, it cannot attack or move while using this booster.
Kamikaze booster: this booster will allow you to sacrifice your unit but also making units which are two squares around it lose 50% of their health.

Skill Pack 1: £0.69
Skill Pack 2: £1.49
Skill Pack 3: £1.69

All prices given are experimental, they may vary, but are used because of their advantages. The Skill Packs will last forever on that account, until…end of time.
yingy

yingy

New Gameplays:

One Man Army.

Number of Players: 4
Team: Yes
How to play:
The hint is in the name, one person will be chosen as the one man army and the rest will go against that player. But to make it fairer, the person who is chosen to be the one man army, shall have special privileges, such as enhanced repair, making the repair rate tripled, the sight is also improved by 2 squares for each unit, and they start out with 1500 more credits that the other players. Although new maps will probably have to be made for this type of game, it will be worth it. There will be a winner if the one man army is eliminated or the other three players are eliminated.

Protect the King

Number of Players: 6-8
Teams: Yes
How to play:
In this type of match, one person on each side shall become the king, so there shall be two kings in the game, the objective is to eliminate the king’s bases, the other players on that team must protect the king at all costs, to win the game, either king is wiped out and the other team is victorious.

New Terrain:

Lost Relics: The place is a barren desert, except for a few old buildings standing around, but they are not from this world, they have magical capabilities and those units that surround it by one square will have their health regenerated automatically by 4 every round.

Mist: This feature is not a land feature, but it can appear above any land terrain, it reduces the unit which is on the tile, but because there is mist, it’s defensive measures are improved by 3.

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

No. Seriously, just NO.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I don't want to in-app purchases as UNBALANCED as THAT to come into uniwar. Never, you hear me? It will only piss the people without money off and it will completely break the balance in place.
Although some of your unit ideas and game modes are cool, who WANTS to PAY for those?! I'm sorry but fuck that.

Also adding mobility or damage or "kamikaze" is one of the biggest stupidity I've heard in a while. And you want to make people pay for it.

Go learn to play and stop asking the devs to empower you because you have extra cash.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
cogger

cogger

I like the sound of the game modes, but the units as cool as they are, would require heavy modifying before they wouldnt throw off the whole game. And as far as the paying goes, I agree with nicko. While some method of payment for something COULD be worked in, it wouldnt be for this. Its good to know that people are still thinking of ideas though
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

If I win the game because I buy special packs, I will not enjoy my victory. Because it's not a true battle.

And if I lost despite buying a special pack, I will feel really bad.
Thus, selling those packages will definitely ruin this game.

But I agree that the developers should receive some money support more than buying apps.
It will reward developers for continuing improve this game.

In my opinion. Paying 1 dollar for 1 year access to online game maybe the good idea.
youownme

youownme

As cogger said, it is nice that people are coming out with ideas. Nicko no need to be so rude I'm sure changes as drastic as this will be well thought out and agreed upon from the community first. At least that is what I am hoping. And I know there is currently an issue with revenue for server upkeep, but I feel that the units we currently have should be balanced before introducing new ones. My proposed changes are as follows:

Battery cost increased to 600 or 650. Allow a move after attack with a mobility of four. This will give it the capability to have a maximum of five tile movement/attack like the other artillery units.

Decrease plasma aerial to 2. This will increase copter capability on plasmas. Titans already have other good anti air units.

Give plague a radius of two or three.

Give underlings an aerial attack of 1. Bury bonus will not apply to aerial units. This will help with gangup and maybe do 1 to helis in mountains.

I would like these changes to be seriously considered. I already talked to the devs about some. I really think these changes will balance help balance the game. Thank you for reading.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Rude is my middle name baby.
But wow, I agree to every single one of those changes Cam. Plasma dealing too much aerial, plague being nigh useless without an infected marine. The battery def needs some kind of buff. But the underling I'm not sure lol. It would only be for gangup then

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
youownme

youownme

Yeah, I don't think the plague change itself is enough, so I figure giving ants 1 aerial will not do anything except help khral vs sap. Of course, bury bonus would make it too powerful. Hopefully only one aerial will not do much against helis except maybe one in favorable terrain, or pop up behind a heli for a +3 gangup to save some garuda hp. It would have to be tested.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16, 2012 18:15

-_-
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Interesting ideas youown. Deserves its own thread..

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Titans need plasma anti-air vs khral, tanks need to be able to help repel swarm...
Forum Index » New Feature Request