[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Problem with same-side unit stealing
Forum Index » New Feature Request
gemo

gemo

Each race has an ability to steal a unit of another race (Enginner vs Mecha, etc). For some reason it is allowed to steal units from your allies. This creates a dilemma: give all your units to your ally to steal and don't enjoy the game OR be in disadvantage because stolen units are better.

Example:
I played a 2v2 game on a mountain map, and our opponents began to mass-produce reprogrammed Mechas. I had no choice but to give up all my underlings to my ally, for mind control.
We won, but I did not play the game and had 0 fun. All I did was login, make more underlings, end turn.

Often I make some units for some specific mission and my ally starts stealing them without asking: "but they become better if i steal them".

Please, if you want to keep this feature as "cooperation", at least leave the units under my control! I would rather see reprogramming allies disabled completely!

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Leaving the units under control of the original player sounds like a great idea! That way the player doesn't have to sacrifice his units to upgrade them. Another thing that would help team coordination is allowing the heal bonus from Infectors/Assimilators/Enginee rs to apply to teammates as well. For instance an Infector could move up behind a Sapien Tank and allow it to heal 6.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03, 2012 17:25

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Moved to feature request.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

i don't like the idea of healing units of other races.
But the same race could heal other teammates units for exmpl blue infector heal yellow swarmer, but can't heal tank
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

agree w/rwieczor
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

If you only allow same-race healing, teams with the same race would have an advantage over teams that have different races. I suppose the unit upgrading plus the advantage of diverse units could even it out, but I don't want team games to degenerate into only homogeneous teams.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
regard87

regard87

Maybe you allow crosshealing but it only works +2 regarless of whether its an infector or engineer? To avoid allowing Tanks to heal +6?
(Although I'm not so sure that would be such a bad thing, as it would take teammates time to make it happen.)

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think that same race healing and cross infection are both terrific ideas.
Forum Index » New Feature Request