[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
dan1's tourney number 2
Forum Index » Tournaments
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

We are doing a 2. tourney with 16 good players. The first tourney was lot of fun

All games consist of 2 mirror matches, where the player plays the same map twice but trade machups and order in second match.
A player wins his round if both matches are won or 1 match in fewer total turns than his opponent.
If rounds also is equal winner is decided by total win/loss ratio (except in final - where it will lead to rematch).

All players email their choise of race before each round starts to tourney admin dan1
cleaverdaniel@hotmail.co m

If same race are chosen and both players agree - race choise can be re-done.

Maps, Players and results :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkMthumKlOnMdERvaUVudnBydUpLYTgteFZWeXRaVmc
(see the sheet tourney 2)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 14, 2012 13:41

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
dan1

dan1

Players have been picked and will appear soon. Start of the tournament Will still no doubt be a week or so away while things are being sorted out. Many thanks to all the players for playing
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

take your time, better start later then to early
dan1

dan1

All matches have been decided and the sheet is almost if not alrdy up to date. and games are starting from today. once i here of a finished match it will be updated on the sheet. so keep an eye on that if your interested. if not i will add a post again once round 2 is underway. many thanks
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Did you figure out a handicap for the author of the map used in round one? What if he built in secret tunnels or underground credit caches that the rest of the players are unaware of?
dan1

dan1

If the captain was playing im sure if would have added some secret underling slides etc but he is not unfurtunately in this tourney. i do try keep to maps from ppl not in the tourney. out of the first round i look forward most to hearing your result with vincent. looks the most interesting match up
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

agree... they are both damn good !

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Hi all!
Are there any prizes in tournament?
With prizes it is more interesting

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

No there are not. Its a casual tourney (invite only). You where also invited but did not want to participate... i hope that was not because the lack of prize...

We believe that the great players provide good matches and glory for the winner !

Please join next time Talone ... if you want to put some merit behind your claims as one of the best

[Email]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

simsverd wrote: No there are not. Its a casual tourney (invite only). You where also invited but did not want to participate... i hope that was not because the lack of prize...

We believe that the great players provide good matches and glory for the winner !

Please join next time Talone ... if you want to put some merit behind your claims as one of the best

Prizes is not only interest, it is additional prestige for tournament and for Uniwar in general. In past we have tournament with about 350 dollars prize fund, it was nice

May be in next tournament I will take place, but I prefer classic maps, it is more fair than new. Is it possible?

And about prizes. We all can send some money to prize fund, that get the winner or winners.

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

There will as far as i know not be prize money to these casual tourneys.

About fairness, we play it mirror matches, changing races and colors in 2. match. I dont think you can do it any more fair than than. Read the tourney rules in the first post. The maps are agreed upon from the participants.

[Email]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

and as for my merits, they are obvious in the rankings. As Runiwar.ru account (Talone2 in past) I play only random games and get the biggest score than any another payer which plays random games.
Just turn on random games, get about 2700 and you will meet me in battle necessarily
Random game is a true indicator of skill. But Success in the tournament is strongly depends on good luck in many cases, what we see in sport

[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

simsverd wrote: There will as far as i know not be prize money to these casual tourneys.

About fairness, we play it mirror matches, changing races and colors in 2. match. I dont think you can do it any more fair than than. Read the tourney rules in the first post. The maps are agreed upon from the participants.

mirror matches is good idea, we use it in Runiwar Chart Rating System, but it is better than maps are well known for every participant. For example I never play this maps, that are used in this tournament. So when I will play this map firstly in life against somebody who create this map or play a lot on it, it is not very fair

[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

For example, if we now will have tournament on maps ScrambleMania and MegaScramble, nobody can win me because I know this maps but you will play this maps firstly in life (if not believe you can invite me now and see)
So the best maps for tournaments are classic maps, which all we know and play them many times.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 18, 2012 05:05

[WWW]
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

talone if you are playing random maps its almost impossible you didnt play at azureisle!

tourney is really good organized
Forum Index » Tournaments