[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
improving "start random game"
Forum Index » New Feature Request

"Start random game" has been useless for me since I could just as easily go find the same game on the server list, and because so many games are set up to totally favor the guy who set them up.

So what if instead of "start random game" sending you to a random game someone else set up, what if it put you in a pool that matched you in a truly random game with someone else of your skill level (who would also have joined the pool)

So you wouldn't know which map you'll be playing, what race you'll play or who goes first. Only that you'll be randomly matched against someone within 100 or 200 points of your skill level, who will be randomly matched as well.

I'd be playing this all day if it were that way..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 18, 2009 19:49

[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

As far as my experience goes what you're asking for is in fact how the random games already work
Well, you will be matched to someone who has "accept random games" on in their settings. The only difference is that you are always first when starting a random game. But I think in 90% of the cases it doesn't matter who goes first and in the remaining 10% you would actually have an advantage. And: You are usually matched even within something like 20 points of your score.
So just go ahead and have fun playing it all day
Sir Toby

Sir Toby

_jnc_ wrote:The only difference is that you are always first when starting a random game.

I think it would be nice to have it be random who moves first, but I don't think it is a huge deal. I don't leave myself available to random games at the moment because of the sheer number of games the system assigns me to when I am available, so I will always be moving first in the random games I start. It would be nice to have some variety.
Forum Index » New Feature Request