[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Random games reform
Forum Index » General Discussion
Do you like these proposed changes?
Yes, please implement them 67% [ 2 ]
I like some of them 33% [ 1 ]
No, leave things the way they are 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Random games are one of the best ways to grow your ranking, if not the best, but I think there are a few changes that should be made to make them more practical and fair. Let me know whether you like these changes and hopefully we can get them implemented

1: You should be able to choose a default race for random games you are chosen for. Most of the games that I lose are games when I am forced to play Saps or Titans instead of my favorite Khrals, and it just doesn't seem fair that one player can choose a race while the other can't.

2: You should be able to set an upper limit on the number of random games you can be available for. This is the main reason why I am not available for random games- I don't want to end up playing too many games and wasting too much time on UniWar

3: The starting order in random games should be determined randomly - not by who initiated the game. This is another slight fairness issue, I'm honestly not sure whether the first or second player has an advantage in the average map, but there probably is some bias and randomizing the starting order could correct that.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

1. You can chose race if you manually initiate a random game. If you are awailable for all/many randoms you will be selevted as both starting and 2. player. I agree that you should set prefered race for all randoms, but i then also think you should get a little less points than "pure" random. It should be awarded to be able to play all races well.

2. There will soon come a fix for this where you set the number of randoms you can have at a time. If you set it to f.example 10 you will slowly get more games until you have 10 active randoms. If you set it to 0, you will not get any ramdoms unless you initiate a game manually.

3. I agree. Initiating a random should not automatically set you up as starting.. it should be random

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
JesusLovesU

JesusLovesU

can we also add the feature to set the time limit on the random matches you want to be matched for or are looking to find? The 1 day default is decent, but some people can't commit to 1 day limits (especially on weekends), so it would be nice to be able to change it to a different rate (like 3 day) if preferred.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I agree to all of these.
Sims, for 1) it's kind of the same issue as starting position. Why can the initiator choose what he wants but not me? On my alt most of my games I got titans, and you know how I hate them...

One last point, it is kind of related. I don't remember if sims said that the devs worked on it, but is it possible to reform the way custom maps get rated?

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
J.C.

J.C.

I'd wait nicko, random creation will be fixed.

For what concerns maps being rated: I have always rejected (and i think sims too) how maps become rated at the moment. I think that this will be changed too.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Hopefully you are right
Because we keep getting horrible maps like tiny desert and.... uh... I mean....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25, 2012 02:20

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » General Discussion