[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
hack or bad luck?
Forum Index » General Discussion
cyfen

cyfen

Say you're attacking an 8 Swarmer with a 10 Swarmer and the 8 Swarmer takes 3 damage while your 10 Swarmer takes 4 damage. And say this happens several times...and it's contrary to the predicted damage shown just prior to the attack, which shows the defender taking 4 and the attacker taking 3. Is that just unlucky or is it more likely to be a hack?
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

"And say this happens several times..."

If you mean that you somehow retried the same attack (by restarting your turn), then the fact that it gets the same result each time isn't a bug or a hack, it's a feature. After all, we wouldn't want people restarting turns repeatedly until they get great luck, that would be cheating.

If that is the case, the improbability is reduced to one occurrence (the first one) because the rest are repeats, and the damage results you described seem likely to occur once in a while. So maybe this is just bad luck.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

You didnt say if any gangup involved... but without it the dammage calculator says:

8 swarmer have 10% chance of doing 4 points vs other swarmer (unkommon, but probable)

10 swarmer have 41% chance of doing 3 points vs other swarmer (quite normal)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
andrei82b

[Avatar]
andrei82b

So we know that the seed for the random factor is received each turn from the server. However, some questions remain:

1. how come that sometimes after restarting my turn I get lower first hit results ? Does that mean that the random factor changed?
2. how is the retaliation related to my random factor, or is it linked only to the defending player's factor ?
3. is there an algorithm for anticipating the factor, something like: low-high-high-low-low-low-high .. or whatever?

I thought about how it would actually add to strategizing to have in a little corner shown on that hit what your random factor is:

PROS:
more strategy: you might spend lower hits on cheap troops and save high ones where it counts.
finally soldiers might take 1 point of health of a tank/pinzer/plasma

PROS / CONS:
it would be of more use to large number troops

CONS:
if more low hit rates than high ones in a game, players might complain (not that they don't anyway
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

The randoms are seeded from the server, so you should get same result if you try to re.do your turn. I have also seen that there are rare anomalies where you can get a slightly different (1) result.
I dont know why, and there is no data on how the random seeding works.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » General Discussion