[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Point formula
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Uniwar uses an "ELO rating" system to determine points won/lost in rated matches.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_systemhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

The formula:
Ea = Expected score player A
Eb = Expected score player B
Ra = true strenght player A (current points)
Rb = true strenght player B (current points)

Ea = 1/(1+10^((Rb-Ra)/400))
Eb = 1/(1+10^((Ra-Rb)/400))

The expected score is multiplied with the "K-factor", witch currently is 32 in uniwar to determine win/loss of points for player A and B.

Non random games in 1:1 gives half score and if you play many times vs same player the score will also be decreased (to reduce possibility of cheat). Winning vs the same player in non random 1:1 will decrease points by 10% from orginal each time. If other player wins this will increase instead (10%).

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 14, 2015 21:34

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
andrei82b

[Avatar]
andrei82b

simsverd wrote: Uniwar uses an "ELO rating" system to determine points won/lost in rated matches.

There seems to be a lost points issue in multiplayer games, if division is not integer: if N players remain alive in a game, when a player loses N-1 points, none of the other players get them.

For example: we play an 8 player game. First player out loses 6 points. None of the 7 remaining players receive them, which is fair. Now, the next player loses 5 points. None of the other 6 players get them. Which is not fair: they should all receive (6+5)/6 = 1 point each (5 points remain). Next player loses 4 points, the 5 remaining see 0 points. They should receive 1 point (4 points remain). If this goes on, the last player receives only the points lost by the 2nd player, when he should have received also what was left from the others.

So someone should give a look at those math mechanics.

On the other hand, there are players which are inactive for more than 6 months if not even years. Normally, the score of such players should slowly decrease, so as to have an accurate image of current ratings. I would propose that if you have not finished at least 1 rated game every month your score should decrease by 10 points that month.
J.C.

J.C.

Yes, this is a long time issue that maybe will be fixed someday, when the rating system will be revisited.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
Forum Index » Guides & Tips