[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Bury Suggestions
Forum Index » New Feature Request
zgar

zgar

I always play random and have been on the good and bad end of this but I think bury makes ants a little too powerful when compared against mechas and marines. More than that I think it leads to very boring and frustrating games - especially as titans. When playing against even a semi-decent player bury spam makes it just about pointless to build walkers and assimilators since they are one shotted (more or less for walkers), and the lengths one needs to go to in order to guard against it are much more expensive and difficult than simply spamming ants to every part of the map. It's almost made worse knowing where the ants are through the minesweeper mini-game since there is literally nothing that can be done to counter other than covering up and waiting.

Rather than simply nerfing bury (although a +2 or +3 makes more sense to me in order to avoid one shot kills even on flat ground) I would suggest adding things to make the games more enjoyable. I think one or two of these suggestions may be worth considering:

• Increase crush's effectiveness. Crush is basically useless: only does one damage which is repaired the next turn, ants are normally on cliffs anyway, it is a one time damage - they can still sit directly underneath a heavy unit. I would suggest upping the damage, having ants take damage every turn they are under a heavy, or having the ant take damage when a unit is pathed on top of it not just ending on top of it.

• Ants can't repair while buried.

• Engineers and assimilators are detectors.

• Add an attack ground option. This would be the option I'd most like to see. This one offers an actual counter and adds an element to the game (the minesweeper game becomes less tedious). There are a bunch of options that could be considered with this: what kind of defense bonus the ants get, does an attack damage units above and below the same tile, should the damage be displayed or should nothing display in order to leave them wondering if they hit the right tile.

• Any thoughts?
    youownme

youownme

A couple other ideas to toss around are UV on buried and burlyings having no zone of control until their next turn.

-_-
    Xyzar

Xyzar

having burrowed units pop up behind your walker is as you say very annoying, but without this strategy it would be impossible (for khraleans) to defend against protected walkers. It would require a frontal assault on the walker(s), meaning their protection (probably heavy tanks) has to be destroyed first, which is hard enough as it it, since there's a walker shooting your units every turn...

How about making UV (& EMP) detect and show buried units for one turn?

I agree a better option to detect buried units would be a great help, especially when playing with the Titans, although i'm not sure how this would affect the game's balance...

Besides, buried units close to your own units are detected, and to be honest figuring out where they are i just playing Minesweeper
    [Avatar]
    sniggih

[Avatar]
    sniggih

I like the minesweeper aspect! Its pretty useful and easy enough. If you cant figure out where my ants are... its because i can hide my mines better than you can sweep them. Your right about the crush not being utilized enough.

Heres some possible game changers:

Heavy units do more and a various amounts of damage to buried ants, (-2 if ant is in the trees, -3 if in swampy area) This really beneficial to marauders because they can tag team an ant in a single turn, which is one of my favorite things to do. Damages should not be shown though.

Walkers, eclipses and batteries can shoot at the ground. Makes sense if you ask me. The ground cover should probably give the ants a significant amount of defense.
    [Avatar]
    StarryBlink

[Avatar]
    StarryBlink

The most obvious unbalance about buried ants is :

They're actually immortal when they're in mountain
    and they're practically immortal in almost all cases.
    Despite the marauder, you need 10 of them to kill 1 healthy ant.

Your enemy send 1 ant to spy you at the rock in your backline.
    You have a good minesweeper skill and know exactly where the ant is.
    So what? Just send an infantry on that rock and continue being spied.
    In a good strategic game, you should have at least 1 way to counter any units.

Thus, my idea is : all ground-heavy units should have ability to attack underground.
    So titan who suffer most from ants will have the most options to counter them.
    Marauder, speeder & eclipse's underground guns should do around
    1- 2hp damage to buried ant in normal tile.
    While all tanks should do 3-4hp damage.
    You can select to attack any ground within attack range.
    But you'll never know your attack is hit or miss.
    Except when the buried ant died, there will be some animation showing its death.
    Forum Index » New Feature Request