[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
dan1 Tourney 3
Forum Index » Tournaments
dan1

dan1

Welcome to everyone that has been following the tournaments that i have been running with the help of simsverd. Our second tournament is near its conclusion and the third one is near ready to start.

there is a slight change to the set up.

race selection is now fixed for each map. We chose the maps and we now have chosen the races played on the map. they were drawn at random.

now everyone will be playing the exact same set up. This has been done mainly for time and ease so every round can flow straight in to the next. Also players can now list the how many rounds the games were so everyone can compare them to the other matches. this could bring more chat opportunities on how quick or long a certain game was.

So to clarify all 16 matches in the first round will be exactly the same. hopefully the sheet that sims will post soon will clarify what i am trying to say.

Good look to all involved and any comments are welcome.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

sheet is same as tourney one and two..

Maps, Players and results :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkMthumKlOnMdERvaUVudnBydUpLYTgteFZWeXRaVmc#gid=1

Rules:
Fixed maps, races and positions - see the sheet.
Symetric matches where both players invite a game each.
Players wins by winning both matches, or in less total rounds than the other player. If rounds also is equal its decided by total kill/loss ratio. The final is the exception where a re-match is done in case of equal total rounds.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 19, 2012 01:08

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
dan1

dan1

if like me your a bit slow you will find the tabs at the bottom to flick through the sheets
mindfreak

mindfreak

I can't wait! Dan1, you nervous about that round 1 opponent? I hear he is pretty tough .
dan1

dan1

For anybody watching if you click in the link you will see half the first round is finished

through are sims (beating Isamael)
tuberao (beating variant 4)
vincent (beating you own me)
Kaunren (beating Rainbow)

most games show the amoutn of rounds taken to beat there opponent

I will post again after the first round now happy viewing
J.C.

J.C.

master wisdom beat rainbow????????

:'(

poor rainbow... master wisdom did the job in a round less...

sims, did you play just a game vs. ismael? or did the second last more than twelve rounds?

hey, there may be the final of tourney 2 in quarter finals! vincent vs. aegis, if aegis will advance vs. ribb.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

i won my khral game in round 12. Ismael let a base stay open.. he thought perhaps to play defensive and punish my offensive.. but instead i managed to cap and block him.. so i was up 1 base on round 10... from there it was only a matter on time. He surrendered in r12. Think i could have completely taken him out by 14.. but the other game was already at 14 and he had not even initiated an offensive - so he saw it was not possible and surrendered that also.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

cool to see the additional data on how many rounds the different matches went. A small useful addition might be listing an 'R' when the position is resigned rather than finished (e.g. "S21R").
J.C.

J.C.

waxoid wrote: cool to see the additional data on how many rounds the different matches went. A small useful addition might be listing an 'R' when the position is resigned rather than finished (e.g. "S21R").

Good point. I would add columns, but then it may become too huge.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
dan1

dan1

Glad you like the new addition i also agree we need something for a resign as it can be deceiving. we can tweak this sort of info as we go
WolfCat

WolfCat

I hope there will also be the 4-th tourney!
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

nice to see another tourney in progres
good luck and have fun!
dan1

dan1

im sue there will be a 4th. and to update on this one. the 2nd round is under way most on round 5 or 6. apart from me and tuberao are finished. i advance to the next round and im sure the sheet will be updated when more people go through. thanks for looking
76patriot76

76patriot76

How do I join a tournament? that sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't looked around a lot, so maybe I'm missing something. Thanks for your patience.

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

dans tourney 1-3 has been casual invite only high level tourneys where most players have been 2500+

Anyone can ofc host/admin tourneys and use this forum in the way we have done. I can help with tips if someone other wants to try to organize tournaments. If so contact me ingame or here on PM.

[Email]
Forum Index » Tournaments