[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
team gang up bonus
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
dan1

dan1

Hi all. whilst playing uniwar i have come across many chats about team gang up bonus. i never used to believe it existed. but now i do. but there is a bit of a trick to it. for it to work you have to press the replay button before you attack. you dont have to watch the replay. you may skip it once it is playing.

I know this sounds a bit far fetched. but i have used it now 5 or 6 times all resulting in massive hits. so now felt i had enough prove in my mind to bring it forward.

Also your team mate does not have to act directly before you.

example. blue (teammate) hits tank last
red (enemy) takes his turn
yellow (me) hits tank i still receives gang up bonus.

Give it a whirl and let me know what you think.

I hope this is a help to everyone cant wait for your feedback
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

I have tested some... and i can confirm your findings... it must be a bug.. and if its not - why do you have to hit the replaybutton first?

I will ask the devs about it.

Update:
It is a bug. Will be corrected in the future

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07, 2012 10:35

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
regard87

regard87

Corrected as in taken away or corrected as in you wont have to watch the replay??
I see no reason to take it away, why shouldnt teammates be able to do gangups.

I just confirmed it myself I was excited to start implementing it in team games when I can.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

.... as in "will be removed". The +2 and +3 bonuses from ranged attacks will also be removed. I dont know when...

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

I actually like the +2 and +3 bonuses. How about they just document them? I don't know how to justify them in terms of theme. They are helpful for KvS balance but harmful for KvT, which seems a wash. Small boon to TvS (eclipse 2 damage vs. tank) which T doesn't need, but that's minor. It adds another level of tactical skill generally. Makes KvK quite a bit more interesting in my view – good tactical use of swarmer vs. swarmer bonuses is actually quite tricky, relieves the monotony and provides a brain-based route for advantage.
regard87

regard87

waxoid wrote: I actually like the +2 and +3 bonuses. How about they just document them? I don't know how to justify them in terms of theme. They are helpful for KvS balance but harmful for KvT, which seems a wash. Small boon to TvS (eclipse 2 damage vs. tank) which T doesn't need, but that's minor. It adds another level of tactical skill generally. Makes KvK quite a bit more interesting in my view – good tactical use of swarmer vs. swarmer bonuses is actually quite tricky, relieves the monotony and provides a brain-based route for advantage.

I agree. Especially that last part. Swarmer battles are a snoozefest at least knowing the proper gangups gives you the challange of using them but still maintaining a formation.

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

i agree wax... but its not my call

[Email]
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

I agree range units should able to do more than +1 bonus from some spots.
It increase more depth in the game. Especially it make kharl vs kharl battle not boring.

However, the current gang-up bonus system result from bug has some flaw :
1) It's extremely complicate. You need to save Simsverd's diagram and look it many time to remember it.
2) It's not the same as ingame information say.
Players who don't look this forum will feel confuse when their enemies can deliver extraordinary damage to them.
3) bonus +3 at range 2 & 3 are sure too favor for kharl.
4) With the current bonus system. It's easier to make more bonus by ranged units than close-combat units.
It's shouldn't be like this. This game is already favor for ranged units. I want to see close combat units get more bonus.

-------------------- -

In my opinion. Bonus system should be easy to comprehend, but still enable for deep strategies.
With no favor for any race. But close combat units should able to make more bonus.

For example.
Range units attack from direction 90 degree or more (right angle and wider) after the first attacker receive +2 bonus.
Range units attack from 180 degree (opposite) direction after the first attacker receive +3 bonus.
Range units attack from another directions left receive +1 bonus.

Close combat units : Same rules with range units but get more +1 bonus.
Thus, close combat units will receive +2 to +4 bonus.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14, 2012 06:12

regard87

regard87

Yes changing the way its done is certainly sensible it does favor Kraleans more than anyone else really.

Cant beleive the developers didnt know they were there at all, we've been using them for a long time.

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

regard87 wrote:
Cant beleive the developers didnt know they were there at all, we've been using them for a long time.

There have been different developers coding the game over time.. but im also somewhat surprised current developers didnt know..

[Email]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Makes it interesting to speculate how the gang-up position is calculated such that a side effect like this could exist.

"It's not my call" – I am skeptical that your influence is so small. It certainly should not be! (Thanks for helping the game and community so much.)
J.C.

J.C.

I can't believe to what i heard. I hope that this is just a misunderstanding between you and developers, sims.

The game is CENTERED (and i hope you understand what i mean) on GangUp (GU), it represents MOST of the strategy behind the game: every player is a noob until he starts focusing his strategy on achieving GU bonus for his attacks.

If GU will be removed, it will be like deleting half of the game.

Waxoid: yes, maybe the gang up can't be explained for real, but do you really need to explain it?

For what concerns team gangup, i agree with regard. Starting from what i said before, so that i wish GU to be kept, why to remove TGU? It will affect just the last move of two sequential players.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Sims is talking about the 'secret' ranged gang-up +2 and +3 factors, not gang-up in general as officially documented.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

J.C. wrote: I can't believe to what i heard. I hope that this is just a misunderstanding between you and developers, sims.

The game is CENTERED (and i hope you understand what i mean) on GangUp (GU), it represents MOST of the strategy behind the game: every player is a noob until he starts focusing his strategy on achieving GU bonus for his attacks.

If GU will be removed, it will be like deleting half of the game.

Waxoid: yes, maybe the gang up can't be explained for real, but do you really need to explain it?

For what concerns team gangup, i agree with regard. Starting from what i said before, so that i wish GU to be kept, why to remove TGU? It will affect just the last move of two sequential players.

wax is right.. dont know where you got that impression JC..

I have no idea when and if it will be adressed.. i can ask the devs to keep the gang up +2 and +3 from ranged.. but i dont know if they will follow my advice..
Concerning team gangup, its clearly a bug and working only after seeing replay.. it should be removed.. but its no biggie i think

[Email]
J.C.

J.C.

For a second my UniWorld was destroyed, hopefully i got wrong.

So if i get correctly, it will be kept GU of +1 (adiacent), +2 (not adiacent), +3 (back and rect-angle). What were you referring to, then? I missed your point.

It can be a good thing to document team gangup. Only few players know it (i know since some months and met only 3 players who knows it too), it will affect only the last move and the first move of two sequentially playing players.

Waxoid, i can have an explaination of GangUp: enemy is engaged with the first attacking unit, so another attack from somewhere else is harmful because that attacked unit can't defence properly (it is concentrated on the other unit).

Do you like my "first-grade" explaination?

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
Forum Index » Guides & Tips