[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
More varied infantry?
Forum Index » General Discussion
metadeity

metadeity

I wasn't sure which category to put it under so i put it here. Anyways, i think it would be interesting to have a bit more variety in light infantry. We have a healer for each, a convert, and a bullet sponge. Perhaps adding each class another infantry would add a little fun to the game without offsetting balnce too severely.
My idea for sapiens is, and i'm probably beating a dead horse saying this again, a sniper. They have short range and high movement generally so having an anti infantry unit with relatively low movement and good range (approx 2 hexes) could serve as a counter toward infectors.
For titans i think that a really cool infantry unit would be a drone. To counter slow mobility of the mechas, it could maybe have high movement on plains and mountains but low movement through forests and hills and lack teleportation. It should have better anti air abilities than the mecha but worse anti tank.
For the krahleans i would say they need something to define them more as a single race of creatures. Perhaps they're more reptilian and they could have a scaler. The scaler could be more mobile on mountains and have a long tongue and what not. It could have marine level anti air but no anti tank and poor anti infantry.

To all i do understand that an update is needed to bring this about so i know this probably won't happen.
To all who think this unbalances the game, don't shoot the messenger these are ideas; cost per unit could balance them and other unit choices that are viable can be made.
And as i have just said these i don't think these changes are likely to occur, so consider this topic more as a bistro for thought and creativity; feel free to be as creative as you can unless your gigantalian. Gigantalians creativity will probably give the rwoels ideas on how to conquer our dear solar system

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23, 2012 21:20

Forum Index » General Discussion