[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Cpt Hawaiian's Balance/Unit Ideas - Khraleans
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

There's a few changes I'd like to see for Khrals, but one idea I've had for awhile I think would add great strategic depth and change Khral vs. Khral matchups from being so swarmer heavy.

New Pinzer ability: "DEVOUR air unit", cooldown of 7 turns or so.

The cost of this ability is actual HP from the Pinzer in the amount of the defense rating of the victim. If the pinzer does not have sufficient hit points, it cannot devour the air unit. In addition, if DEVOUR costs the exact remaining HP of the pinzer, the pinzer dies in the process.
a. Swarmer devour cost: 5 HP
b. Garuda devour cost: 8 HP
c. Chopper devour cost: 10 HP (kills pinzer) (good trade of +50 credits in khral favor)

This will make matchups far more interesting, especially khral vs. khral.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
J.C.

J.C.

i like this too, this may help in k v k battles.

maybe I missed your point, but if the pinzer doesnt have enough hp it shouldnt be able to devour. otherwise everyone will exchange an highly damaged pinzer for an heli (or even a swarmer\garuda, to have a k\l of -100 is better than -450).

Interesting idea

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Yes, as you are saying is how I posted it. The pinzer cannot devour the aerial unit if it doesn't have sufficient HP.

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
J.C.

J.C.

Cpt Hawaiian wrote: Yes, as you are saying is how I posted it. The pinzer cannot devour the aerial unit if it doesn't have sufficient HP.

Sorry i missed it

Test my maps:
1-on-1

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
regard87

regard87

Thats an intriguing idea.

Choppers could always be left out of it, not sure itd be needed in Kral vs Sap. It sounds limited but it may inititate a Kral tactic of building more Pinzers than normal to ward off choppers. So long as it cant Move then Devour maybe it wouldnt matter.

Plus Choppers would cause horrible indegestion I would think.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
curmudgeon

curmudgeon

K vs k desperately needs to be addressed because it is not fun at all. I like the idea, but I think it needs to be tweaked a little because arial units typically sit out of the attack range of a pincer. That means that a devour can only be used as a counter attack. I'm not sure it would deter a swarm. I would for every 1 pincer, there is approximately 2 less swarmers on their side. This means that most of the counter attack will have to be done by devours and not swarm vs swarm. I would just spread out damage to the pincers so their devour would not be as effective and after they are done chewing up a handful of swarms while at the same time taking heavy damage, then finish them all off on the second move.

If the pincer could devour at a range of 3, they would be a good deterant of swarmers who's front line would only be able to land attacks on the pincer and healthy pincers in the backfield could counter attack.
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Perhaps a range of 2 for devour. I don't know, it seems like a pinzer who can advance and devour would be pretty deadly against swarmers. Devouring a garuda would be more risky since it would take 8 health of the pinzer, thus I could see it being more defensive.

But yes, perhaps 2 range for devour would be appropriate since it can move and devour.

I wish we could playtest this!

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
J.C.

J.C.

ok, but devour a garuda would be rather useless (with range 2). 8 hp taken -> 2-3 swarmers (or another pinzer) will easily kill the pinzer. lost 450 in exchange of 350.

I would suggest:

Devour Swarmer: 4hp;
Devour Garuda: 6hp;
Devour Heli: 10hp;

Cooldown: 4 rounds;

The low cooldown will force both players to go pinzers and wyrms, making aerial less effective. but im afraid it could lead to a non aerial battle between khraleans.

A high cooldown could, in my idea make useless devour.

Thoughts?

I hope they will consider to add devour and tactical missiles and that there will be tests on it.

Test my maps:
1-on-1

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Yes, those are great ideas to test. As you saw in our recent matches I attempted to fit pinzers in, but in khral vs. Saps or khral they are mostly uncalled for. Only against titans are they most profoundly usefull.

Yes, your ideas would help take all the focus away from sole air battles, helping terrain to be important again.

Anyway, good ideas!

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Forum Index » General Discussion