[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Watch opponent's turn in real-time.
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
calden

[Avatar]
calden

Currently you can't watch the opponent's turn as it is being played. You can only watch it as a replay, after their turn is complete. This is really disappointing when you are in the same room as a friend and playing the game together. You don't get to watch everything live and share in the suspense as the turn unfolds battle by battle. Instead, you have to watch it as a replay, after the fun is all over. By then, your friend has already experienced all the emotional ups and downs of his turn by himself, and you get to play catch-up.
When I played with my friend at his house, this disconnect put a big damper on our enjoyment of the game. Without the connection of watching it together, the game felt distant, almost like playing a game by email instead of feeling like you're in the same room. It makes the game feel more like a disconnected task instead of a shared social experience.
I really don't exaggerate when I say this seriously took away from the fun of our gaming experience. It practically defined it. At the beginning it didn't matter, but it started to annoy me after a few turns, as the turns got longer because there were more units and decisions to make. Both my friend and I really disliked this (him more than me).
I really think this will ultimately decide whether or not my friend is going to play with me much in the future. It takes away too much of the fun factor for him.

My feature request: As soon as a unit has moved, (and is past the "undo" stage), the game state should be updated, so that spectators can see what has happened so far. The feature wouldn't necessarily have to be on by default, but only when desired.

Thanks for your time, and I do sincerely hope you can implement this feature.
Forum Index » New Feature Request