[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Against Buried Underlings
Forum Index » Sapiens
[Avatar]
Wraithunter

[Avatar]
Wraithunter

I've got this problem with buried underlings assassinating my engineers. When I shield them with marine my opponent decides to attack with garuda/wyrm/infector combo and I can't put a good counter attack because alot of my troops are defending my engineers. If I abandon the engineers my troops become victim of plague and from there on I just start losing ground. Are my engineers really vital against Kral or do I just overestimate plague?
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Plaque is currently overpowered because its range increased to +2 and no cooldown time require.
I hope next update plague will require some cooldown time.

For me the best way to deal with plague is killing infectors as soon as you can.
This mission is often complete by carefully orchestrate your marines, copters and *Jeeps*.

Sacrifice 1 jeep to kill 1 infector you still get much profit.
Because infector is 50c more expensive, require more logistic effort to the front.
And your jeep still remain 10hp after kill the infector.
Thus if enemy want to kill your jeep, he must fight for it.

Copters can kill infectors well too.
But make sure you don't lose your copter after that.

I usually don't use my marines solely to protect engineers.
It's too much investment to save 200c units.
Your marines can do better jobs by hunting garuda & swarmers.

For engineers.
When buried ants come to them, just move them away to the safer tiles is enough.

[Avatar]
lord9e9

[Avatar]
lord9e9

But you cant see their buried creatures.

Mabye I could write something useful here such as maps or something...but... why in the world would I do that. :p

And, just so you know, the titan apocalypse is coming. Will you be on the winning or losing side?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

lord9e9 wrote: But you cant see their buried creatures.

But you can see how many buried is next to your units, and thereby "see" their accurate location.

Buried lings is a loosing strategy vs saps.. then khral is having it to easy if he dont need all units at the front vs saps..

You can invite me to unrated games if you like, and i will show you how to deal with infectors (and buried lings)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
J.C.

J.C.

I don't agree sims, i got crushed by buried lings in a game. Ok, i didn't pay much attention to some moves, but i don't find them useless vs. saps, if well placed. anyway, to go back to the starting topic, the best way to protect an engineer is... to avoid its construction. You will need it after the fight starts to heal your helis, but at that time, with good marine+car combos you should not have many problems. Sapiens can, if used well, crush khraleans on many maps.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

you will find little buried ling tactics in games with high level players.. because a good sapien player will preasure so hard with marine, marauder and heli - that it will be risky to bury the ling to get a possible advantage later...

This is ofc map depandant, and will be a viable strategy on larger maps where you can use lings vs batteries in the rear.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Wraithunter

[Avatar]
Wraithunter

OK so trying it out with a game I charge infectors with marauders or helis but what happens when kral trains pinzers? In small maps I can't get a lot of helis to counter them and tanks get picked off by air. Any effective way to destroy pinzers that i've miised?
regard87

regard87

Pick at it slowly and shield it.
Depending on the map try force it into bad terrain and keep your marauders away from it.
Build Battery if you can.

If your enemy can afford a few pinzers to counter your Marauders you can afford a few choppers. Pick at it with the choppers. Then pull them back behind your spam marines.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

you dont need engineers against khrals try combination of heli and marines moving in forests and mountains add 1 or 2 marauders to strike and return tactic
[Avatar]
Wraithunter

[Avatar]
Wraithunter

I use engineers alot in my battles when those garudas start to pick on my helis or when my marauders get hit by pinzers trying to rush at infectors. How do I get them back in action fast without engineers? I mean I wouldn't want to spam helis and marauders just because I have too many wounded repairing themselves.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Wraithunter asked about dealing with pinzers. The main key is gangup - with good gangup your marines and jeeps can fully participate in taking pinzers down. You don't usually want to knock them down to 3 health when they might get healed back to 9 immediately, so initially you can bounce helis off them when it's helpful for repositioning or when they don't have a better target to do chip damage. Let's say for example the chance to take a pinzer down comes when it hits a marine on forest and drops to 8 health, moving in tighter against your units. The attack might look like: crippled marine steps behind and sacrifices itself to trigger gang-up, heli hits from opposite side (-3 to pinzer), heli hits same spot (or opposite if it can get it, -2 or 3), and now the pinzer is crippled and jeeps and marines can pile on to do the last 2-3 damage, using as much gang up as possible (+2 or +3), without taking real damage in return at that point. So you might end up alternating turns where one turn you mostly ignore the pinzer because you can't hit it hard enough but you can pick at some targets it's not defending well enough, then when it advances a step too far and is surrounded a bit plus already has some chip damage you decide to tear it down, especially if doing so exposes some softer targets like infector for a jeep. Try not to let pinzers on spaces where you really don't want them if you can help it, but remember that in return they can trigger nasty gang-up against your helis, so overall this is easier said than done.

Important to remember there is never a really simple formula to always win. A good khral is going to make it tough if s/he can. The "helis behind marines" principles is one of the most basic formulas and it goes a long way, but handling the likes of pinzers, infectors and wyrms correctly takes thoughtful study of the position and using your units correctly as in any match.

Forum Index » Sapiens