[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
What do you think of this unit idea?
Forum Index » Sapiens
[Avatar]
calden

[Avatar]
calden

One of my favorite aspects about sapiens is their high mobility. So I thought of a new, high mobility unit. Please tell me what you think about it.

--High-mobility recon jumper (250)
((Specialized unit which is a bit expensive, to discourage overuse))
Movement: 11
An infantry unit with jetpacks, or else a light mech with jump jets. Lightly armed, specializing in fighting soft targets in rough terrain. Does reasonable damage vs air, do lots of damage vs. Light, and very little vs. Heavy. Lower defense value than regular marines.
-Special ability: Jump-jets - can jump 6 hexes away. Cooldown of 6 turns.
-Special ability: flashbang. Enemy unit loses vision for one turn. The affected unit can still attack and move, but needs allies to see for it. Ability has range of 2, cooldown of 4 turns. You can use it before moving, attacking or jumping, but not after.
(The idea is that you can flash a lone unit tailing you, and then jump or run away out of visible range).
The jumper could maybe get a slight advantage attacking a blinded unit.

[Avatar]
Wraithunter

[Avatar]
Wraithunter

That would mean thinking up of a new unit for the other 2 races...
ttmac

ttmac

Saps simply need their battery to be able to fire 3-5 spaces
anonym551653

anonym551653

ttmac wrote:Saps simply need their battery to be able to fire 3-5 spaces

That is what the titan one does. The battery instead gets move after attack that makes it able to leave its base and attack on the same turn. The battery is great on both small and large maps unlike the other artillery which are best in only one type of map. Plus buffing the battery means buffing the others as the titan is now an inferior unit that costs more, and the wyrm needs it so it's artillery can still be usefull.

In short bad idea.

As a (hopefully) future game designer and studying to be one, I know why it's bad. Even then batteries are still my favorite artillery despite titans being my overall favorite race. The problem is that most don't know how to use it properly.
Forum Index » Sapiens