[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Naval Warfare
Forum Index » New Feature Request
regard87

regard87

Wanted to bring together a couple elements I've seen brought up with some of my own ideas.

Personally I dont play Naval Only battles, with only one unit each and some flight thier limited, boring and not real tactical IMO. I think we all agree another naval unit per race would be good. If each race had another naval unit and maybe Titans had some sort of flyer/skimmer unit that would expand on it.

However I think the game could be really expanded on if ALL Naval battles were given as much depth as land.

New Units
Added Sea Tiles
Naval Bases(Credit Bases)

With added units, sea tiles like rough, calm, shallow, stormy, and naval bases that bring credits this could be worked out.
In this case Id prefer to give each race more than just two naval units. My thinking is maybe they dont all need to be available in standard matches, just in Naval Only matches.
Or these Naval Bases could be the ones capable of creating all but the standard sea unit so that map makers could choose whether or not to include them.

The way I envision these sea battles going is that the Naval Bases have hit points, maybe 20, and you can choose to either capture them with a Naval Base unit getting thier income, or raze them. Each player starts out with the same number and the match is over when you've captured or destroyed all your enemies Naval Bases.

So each unit could get a base naval unit, like a marine on a skijet, a speeder/marauder type unit, and two large ones. They would have to be balanced as these all naval matches wouldnt have access to Choppers and Garudas/Swarmers.

Thoughts?

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
J.C.

J.C.

Good ideas. A new game mode can be interesting. To add new tiles is good as well, there are many proposals on this.

Anyway, to make it like ground battles, you will need 4-5 naval units, this may be a problem.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
regard87

regard87

Yep.
The way I see it first just worry about adding another naval unit per race.

Then later on such a mode could be added and in that mode you have about 5 naval units, maybe access to your other units, maybe not.
A naval base unit, a naval light unit, and two heavys.

Im not neccassarily talking a mini game or anything totally seperate just different map types. I cant see anything that extreme being initiated seeing how long other things take. lol

No matter what another Naval unit or two, added Water tiles and possibly a Naval Base could be added to expand on the game and add some fun to water heavy maps.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
Forum Index » New Feature Request