[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Improved replay
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
tsadlocha

[Avatar]
tsadlocha

[i]would there be a way to add a replay for the entire match. I would like to see something like this for after the match without fog so players could analyse what they did right or wrong. It would be a great learning tool. It might even increase interest in turnaments if there was a way to save to your phone and post.
J.C.

J.C.

This feature is upcoming, at the moment its still in test, but will be part of a future update. I dont know when.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

Hi! Just want to add I still think this is the most important feature the game is missing at the moment.

Full-game replay, with the option to toggle fog of war, would be the best way for new and existing players to improve. It would also give an actual meaning to saving your games. A look at the board when the game is over is just a reminder of the experience at best.

I'm an avid gamer and analyst. I strongly believe Uniwar to be one of the best games ever created. I really hope you guys stick with it and take it all the way, I know you can do it!

One of the other best games I've ever played is Quadradius (look it up). It's like Checkers on acid, whereas Uniwar is obviously if Starcraft and Chess had a child. It was an amazing game with a great fanbase, but it had little follow through and I think the creator has wasted a lot of momentum. I think he missed his big chance to get the game on Xbox or in the app store while it was viral. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's been over 6 years for that game now without almost any $ for it.

I know there's a lot going on and you all probably have fulltime jobs too, but I just wanted to share again that I think this is an amazing game that has enormous potential. I think your momentum is growing, and this could explode if approached correctly.

The similarities to chess, but increasing complexity, make it a ripe game for analysis and even in-match commentary, should live tournaments spring up someday. The replay feature could help spread the appeal, by being able to easily share and show game videos, while helping people get deeper into it. Could treat it almost like a sport.

Good luck with coding!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24, 2014 18:33

How does a helicopter catch the flu, exactly?
simpleuser

simpleuser

Yes we really need a replay soon! Also, it will be nice if someone else can watch the game while playing, and re-watch every turns.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Replay are coming in January 2015

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

good to hear Xavi

will it be IAP or will the ammount of games possible to keep IAP?

Hope you also make it wiewable for others. My suggestion on making it wiewable from a persons profile should be "fairly easy" to do
(export to other formats would also be great, but possibly much harder since it would require a method of import and/or medium to watch it in)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
simpleuser

simpleuser

Now march 2015... still looking forward to it!
luis91

luis91

sims: i think other people should only see your replays if you want it to.
So maybe a "share" button for your replays ( and maybe to chose who can see your shared replays ?)
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

luis91 wrote:sims: i think other people should only see your replays if you want it to.
So maybe a "share" button for your replays ( and maybe to chose who can see your shared replays ?)

Only friends can see your replays... and you decide that

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
anonym551653

anonym551653

This will be awesome. I once turtled on omega against sapiens who were so close to winning, but I was strong enough to overcome them after a long match. I wish I had a replay for that.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

The player Trinerocks is also a programmer. He is working on it. Replay are coming very soon...

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Forum Index » New Feature Request