[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Dan1 Tourney 4
Forum Index » Tournaments
dan1

dan1

Hi to any current followers of my tournaments and anybody that is just finding it for the first time.

This is Tournament 4 and the rules are as follows

-16 players will compete and it is a knockout tournament.Players are drawn at random to find out who will play who
-The maps involved will be preset. Usually new maps that no one has had chance to practice on including myself.
-Races are chosen at random for all maps before the tournament has started.
-each match up consists of 2 games. both players will have the chance to play as player 1. Both games play at the same time. The winner is the player who can win both games or the player to defeat there opponent in less rounds. In the case that both players defeat each other in the exact same amount of rounds the result will go to kill loss.

Please view here for old tournament reults and an idea of how it works. It has evolved over time so tournament 3 structure will be more relevant

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkMthumKlOnMdERvaUVudnBydUpLYTgteFZWeXRaVmc#gid=1

Current players for tournament 4 are as follows

Dan1
Jb--
Vincent
Vogon Jeltz
Simsverd
Venheads
Tru ppo
Juice
Bag44
Poooor
Alv y14
Ryanjichen
Saunaut
Waxo id
Juice

Any Questions Please ask if not there will be an update in a few weeks once other tournament is nearing its end
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Juice x 2
olle

olle

Can I join? My nickname is olle
WolfCat

WolfCat

i've counted 15 of 16 participants in the list
in case you need number 16 i'd be eager to join!
dan1

dan1

Just an update. i listed juice twice above. so that made 14 players. wolfcat has joined to make 15 players

For the last space there is going to be a a 2 player playoff between olle who requested to play on the furom and starryblink who was past on from another player. they are both lower rated player but ones that play a lot of unrated. i will keep people posted on how this goes

also maps this time will only be announced round by round so people can not over play them. so everybody will find out the map choice for map1 on the day we start.

Also thanks to talone for adding this to runiwar. bringing in player olle and hopefully other russian players in the future
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Thanks for inviting me. But this time I go camping very often.
Since winter is the most comfortable season to do outdoor activities in Thailand.
I already excused another players many times for being absent.

Thus Olle should be a better candidate.

When summer come I will stay around air-conditioners and more available for uniwar.
J.C.

J.C.

So i may ask to have a qualification match for tourney 5?

Joking of course, this is a pro tournament... I still have to eat a lot of bread before being able to fight for the first round ^_^

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
dan1

dan1

commuication games are just being set up. so at a guess the tournament will start now within 10days

and i have talked with j.c to express my disappointment. i to had the same idea of involving j.c in the qualifier with olle once starryblink backed out but i had the thought to late and had alrdy told olle he may enter as player 16.

but as suggested i will have j.c macth up with someone in a future tournament to try gain a place.

J.C.

J.C.

as i already told you, no need to feel sorry i was joking, i can't compete with the players signed to your tourneys. In case of need of a qualifying match, feel free to involve me though

The qualifying matches are a good way to set up tournaments. After i end with Professional Bases Galore, i think i will host a third tournament (maybe a 1 on 1) where all the players with more than 2000 points can sign in. Then, there will be qualifications great idea, dan!

Edit: Just a notice, i wouldn't have lived long vs. Sims... Plus check the doc, vincent is written wrong (vinvent)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 20, 2013 11:56

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
dan1

dan1

tournament is underway and i would guess people are at around rounds 5 to 10 in there opening games i will post more info when i know more. the map we played was desert fox nd with black khalr v red sap
dan1

dan1

It is indeed a bad day for Dan1. i have also had to bow down to ryanjichen who defeats me in the first round of tourney 4.

I will Post any more names that advance when i know them

Again an added note to thank sims for his constant help in the tournaments
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

I offered to update the sheet with the round/race info, but looks like I don't have edit perms is that right? Happy to help if you add me, meanwhile here's the info people reported in chat for games completed in T4 so far:

jb__ won both matches in R12 (S12 K12)
ryanjichen won via surrender in R12 of one game, then dan resigned the other but it was unresolved (which race won in the game that was resolving?)

Note I suggest adding to the nomenclature: currently "K12R" means the indicated player won as khral in round 12 via opponent resignation (the "R"). I think we should add a "U" if the game was not resolved - i.e. the player resigned because they knew the mirror match was done due to the other game, but the current game was still unresolved.

This sounds fiddly but I think it will be interesting to look at matchup trends in the tournaments esp. race trends, and without this it is impossible to differentiate "resigned even though winning this match, because it was obviously going to take too long" vs. "resigned because defeat was clear" which mean the opposite in terms of which race was prevailing in a particular match. So for example if it was Sap that ryanjichen won as, his line would be marked "S12R K12UR" to indicate that sap won the first match and the second was unresolved.

Is that too much? For example, looking at T3 round 1, it looks like Khral swept all matches against Titan, but it's possible some of those TR matches indicate a game in which T was going to win. It will be helpful/interesting to track race matchup trends at the tourney level in analyzing game balance.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

waxoid wrote: I offered to update the sheet with the round/race info, but looks like I don't have edit perms is that right?

I have given you edit rights

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
dan1

dan1

cheers waxoid i will let you update accordingly u can see the new info that celeber and jb added in our game.
vincent also put somewhere he beat truppo in 10 rounds in both games

so far vincent ryanjichen jb and wolfcat advance

other games are still going on
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

recorded what I've heard. so far 5 sap wins to 4 khral wins recorded on this map.
Forum Index » Tournaments