[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
"teching up" to unlock new units
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
calden

[Avatar]
calden

Maybe you could have a few top-tier units that can only be produced in a match after you unlock them by a "tech upgrade". You would buy a tech upgrade to unlock a particular unit.

A further restriction could be that you must pay at each base that you would like to produce that top-tier unit at. Say you paid $500 to build a special unit at a base near the front line, that gives the opponent an incentive to capture that base, so you can't produce that unit. This would force you to spend more money to produce it elsewhere instead. If you recapture that base, you should be required to pay to unlock that unit again. Or, alternatively, an opponent who captures your upgraded base can use your upgrade to produce his own corresponding hi-tech unit.

I like the idea of more units in the game. But if some people are worried about there being a glut of them, then this kind of restriction might make them feel better.
Perhaps allowing hi-tech units could be a match setting. Could also even be a map setting (certain types of bases could produce hi-tech units, while others can only produce ordinary units).
[Avatar]
N1njaC00k1e

[Avatar]
N1njaC00k1e

The tech upgrades could also boost the basic unit stats of other units, other wise people wouldn't use the upgrade for just a few units when it would be cheaper/more effective to use more of units that really swarm the enemy in 2-3 turns. Or buy a lot of the already unlocked unit that is the best.
Unless the unit has something like 15-20 and decent damage it isn't really a good use of resources in my eye.
However it is still a good idea to be added, but, like all things that exsisted, there is always a way to improve a idea.

Creator of the first origin idea
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

i don't like such ideas of upgrading or building technologies.
Forum Index » New Feature Request