[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Reason for boycott?
Forum Index » General Discussion
metadeity

metadeity

I've been hearing from some that the uniwar crew had plans for making the censor bearable by taking some of the words away, apparently that was a lie and they only bothered to make it worse. I can't even say who're now because the censor thinks i'm trying to say whore
I also hear they intend to make us pay to use features of uniwar in the next update.
What made uniwar better than other games of the genre was the excellent chat and the people to chat with.
If they make us pay i'll probably quit, who else agrees?

Almost no one who used the chat wanted the filter
They asked before putting the filter on and they simply wiped their ass with the widely negative response
They make the filter excessive and haven't bothered for months to ease it off yet they said they would

I understand the crew is limited but it didn't take them 2 months to remove the word but from the censor when it was there
I understand they didn't make the list but they clearly didn't check it and hardly seem to bother with fixing it
The intention was to get rid of pesky immature children and to filter curse word spamming yet it has done the exact opposite
I understand that it's their game and i don't have the authority to make them change it

But i do have the right to quit playing when they make the game lose it's appeal, who agrees?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

You are free to leave whenever you like meta. I have said it 2 times here and several times in the chat to you: Xavi will remove many of the words in the spam filter when he has the time to to so. If you cant bear the waiting you must do what you want, but your constant complaints here and especially on the chat wont speed up the prosess.
You can ofc do as Xavi told you to on the uniwar front page : write an e-mail to them.

Your speculations on paying for features is also not correct. You are right that the busines model is changing and there will be possible to pay for more stuff in the future... but : all users that have payed for the game will be "grandfathered". Meaning they will get same functionality as they have today. But.. you cant expect new functionality to automatically be free upgrades

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
metadeity

metadeity

I see... Grandfathered... And my complaint is that they took the time to add words NOT remove them
metadeity

metadeity

This disregards my reason for quitting in them forcing me to pay for the features, but this doesn't make me tolerate that they made the already needless censor worse when they planned to make it better
J.C.

J.C.

I will explain you one more time, meta, but this time will be the last. I will be clear.

metadeity wrote: I've been hearing from some that the uniwar crew had plans for making the censor bearable by taking some of the words away, apparently that was a lie and they only bothered to make it worse. I can't even say who're now because the censor thinks i'm trying to say whore

Who told you that the developers will remove some words was ME. And i didn't have time to ANNOY them with these stupid matters during last weeks, since i'm not at home building lego castles all the time and they are not as well. Give time, and it will be fixed. If the system prevents you from contracting "who are" use the full form. Not a big issue.

metadeity wrote: I also hear they intend to make us pay to use features of uniwar in the next update.
What made uniwar better than other games of the genre was the excellent chat and the people to chat with.
If they make us pay i'll probably quit, who else agrees?

What made UniWar better than many other competitors IS NOT the "Excellent" chat, as you call it. You are complaining about the public chat, who is frequented by a minorance of the players of the game. A lot of players doesn't even talk in game, i realised it in the random games i had, where i always say "hi, good luck" and always receive nothing as answer. Chat doesn't count anything for a lot of users, and anyway, the filter of in-game chat has really a tiny impact on everyone, even if i don't find the need to block cusses also in game.

You don't know how will the features system work, how can you make assumptions? You are stating facts about things you don't know.

metadeity wrote:Almost no one who used the chat wanted the filter
They asked before putting the filter on and they simply wiped their ass with the widely negative response
They make the filter excessive and haven't bothered for months to ease it off yet they said they would

No. Many habitual "chatters" didn't like the filter, but many others don't care about it. And most of the other players, doesn't care as well, and i'm sure that a lot didn't even notice it was introduced. Who asked to the "chatters" what they think about the filter? ME. Again. I thought it was a good thing to have some feedback on the reactions of the community. End of the story. Some players didn't like, some others didn't care, some others didn't know.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
J.C.

J.C.

metadeity wrote:
I understand the crew is limited but it didn't take them 2 months to remove the word but from the censor when it was there
I understand they didn't make the list but they clearly didn't check it and hardly seem to bother with fixing it

Again, you are just a LIAR. the "but" word was removed THE SAME WEEK THE FILTER WAS INTRODUCED. STOP SAYING LIES TO EVERYONE.

metadeity wrote:
The intention was to get rid of pesky immature children and to filter curse word spamming yet it has done the exact opposite
I understand that it's their game and i don't have the authority to make them change it

But i do have the right to quit playing when they make the game lose it's appeal, who agrees?

Yes the intent was to get rid of immature children who found funny to hide behind a screen to spell insults worldwide without getting caught, and the filter did his job. Spam has reduced a lot, but of course, some habitual chatters left it.

You have the right to leave the game, you have the right to express your ideas on the filter but you DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT to tell lies and throw trash over the developers of this game.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
metadeity

metadeity

Telling lies? I'm just complaining as i have the right to, and i said it didn't take them long to remove the word but it shouldn't take them two months to remove another >.> they've added words who're and kinky rather than removing words like poof beaver damn kraut nazi crap or jap, what lies have i been telling, i've just been complaining as people are supposed to.

Someone has to complain or there is no major incentive to get the job done, no one trully enjoys the censor i'm just vocalizing it

You don't have to agree JC but don't call me a liar for complaining

I'm complaining because the topic presented itself, i'll stop complaining when the censor becomes more ognorable
metadeity

metadeity

If you think of me as childish for complaining then think of me as your helpless child. You have a job you have a life enjoy it, but i'll still cry selfishly until your other responsibility is fulfilled. Imagine i unleashed my wrath on my diaper, someone's gotta change it so i don't get a rash or an infection. Making the chat worse is like giving me a diaper wedgie

I don't care that you are annoyed by it and do have other business

Annoying you into wanting to act is my incentive as a complainer, Socrates has done it, Ben Franklin has done it, Lenin has done it, though it may seem to victimize some who don't deserve it at times; it must get done for the sake of the people.

I don't like complaining either, i do so because there is something to complain about
Something to fix
And essentially some goal to achieve
metadeity

metadeity

It's another responsibility to be a developer of a game, like being a parent. It's awful and soul crushing but it's a responsibility that must be met for full success.

You can be an excellent parent or an awful one

Your awfulness may be from an inability to cope with the responsibilities. your child or your annoying customers may whine you may beat them for it... But there will one way or another be reprimand

The child may complain and complain until you appease him, or the society will shun you for mot doing anything about their suffering; either way they have to grin and bear it amd get to the job eventually

Coming on time is expected naturally, as no good parent would leave their child starving for too long
But expecting lateness to be dealt withs silence is unreasonable

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19, 2013 11:23

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

metadeity wrote: It's another responsibility to be a developer of a game, like being a parent. It's awful and soul crushing but it's a responsibility that must be met for full success.

You can be an excellent parent or an awful one

Your awfulness may be from an inability to cope with the responsibilities. your child or your annoying customers may whine you may beat them for it... But there will one way or another be reprimand

The child may complain and complain until you appease him, or the society will shun you for mot doing anything about their suffering; either way they have to grin and bear it amd get to the job eventually

Coming on time is expected naturally, as no good parent would leave their child starving for too long
But expecting lateness to be dealt withs silence is unreasonable

Your comparison of the developers of a mobile game as "parents" and the players as "kids" is just ridicolous. You seriously mean that they have a responsibility to evolve the game to fit your needs?
The good devs of this great game are not making much money from it, and they have limited time to keep it alive and evolve it.

Your title of this topic say all i need to know. You dont really like it here. My advice is then that you either accept that sometimes things take time or you go somewhere else - no one forces you to stay. Just please stop the meaningless spamming of the forum and chat with ridiculous and out of place comparisons to real cencorship and oppression - this is just a spamfilter they put in place to try to make the chat a place where players should not be bothered with to much swearing.
They will remove many of the words when they have the time. Please dont continue with the pointless arguments that they have had so much time to do it.

I will keep the treads open for now, but will close them if the discussion continues in a "non constructive" way.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
metadeity

metadeity

I agree with those terms, but you completely misinterpreted the message i intended

I said since they made this game they are like our parents and we love them
But being whiny children, despite our loving em complaints are gonna happen
Harrowing as it is for our poor parents they have to put up with complaints no matter what
Especially if they are slow to fix our problems

I'm trying to also get the point across that i am strongly irritated by them increasing the list of words, even if only by two words, before decreasing the already excessove list

Censorship is called a form of oppression for a reason, it should always be taken seriously even if the cause is a picayune one
tyletyletyle

tyletyletyle

The " good" devs haven't updated the game for almost 7 months. No iPhone map editor, no new units. And crap needs to be removed from filter soon. Love the game to pieces,but needs work
[Avatar]
Seamonster95

[Avatar]
Seamonster95

Meta. Give it up, it's very annoying.

-Nessie
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I'll say this much: drama.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » General Discussion