[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Surrender bug?
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions
extrovert

extrovert

I've had 2 games show me as 'surrendered', and one of which got deleted (confirmed from a friends view) as well, despite not taking any such action. Is there some sort of issue or data corruption associated w my account? I've changed password just in case... But it seems unlikely to be a case of hacking as only 2games were effected, one of which is w known friends. Super annoying, and while i could see it being user error in one instance, 2 recurrences in the last 2 days make it very unlikely... Please help, i'm getting auto-surrendered!
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Deleted could be if you got skipped in turn 1 or skipped 3 times later game. Can easily happen if you play vs people that kicks/skipp to get unfair points or wins.

The surrender is something you can only do yourself.. so that would have to be a bug.. unless you surrendered by a misstake.
If it wasnt a misstake it would be interesting to see if you can re-produce the error...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
extrovert

extrovert

I didn't get skipped so that's not it...
extrovert

extrovert

It happened a 3rd time to me late last night. This time an unranked game. Something is definately wrong...
morinmoments

morinmoments

My son surrendered me. Can I get back in game CATALYSTV275669?
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

if you surrendered you can't get back to game
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

@extrovert that sounds like a weird thing to happen! Scary.

Haha oh noes @morinmoments! Hoping to apply the lessons I taught you in another Catalyst game?
(I think the huge thing was you trying to capture my base across the wall right at the beginning. When I was able to kill it, you couldn't recover quickly enough. The risk of playing so aggressively I guess!)

My question - if you surrender in a team game, but your team ends up winning, what happens to your rating?
Also - if you surrender a game, can you still watch the replays?

How does a helicopter catch the flu, exactly?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Mantis Lord wrote:
My question - if you surrender in a team game, but your team ends up winning, what happens to your rating?
Also - if you surrender a game, can you still watch the replays?

Points are calculated when game is finished. If your team won you will get points even though you surrendenered.
You cant watch replays when you have surrendered.. but i think you can follow the chat unless you delete the game

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

Hi Simsverd, and thanks for the reply!

I am in an intense team game where I'm considering surrendering to give my bases to a teammate with better position and racial bonuses, but wanted to make sure it wouldn't count as a loss for me first We'll see though, it's a pretty extreme strategy.

How does a helicopter catch the flu, exactly?
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions