[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
A basic Sapiens unit guide
Forum Index » Sapiens
magic molly

magic molly

Okay, i wasn't going to make one of these, but seeing as there isn't a good one out yet, i'll just put my version of one up. This is only a basic guide; i'm a bit paranoid, so i'm not going to tell you all my little tricks with these units quite yet. As i learn to like you all a bit more i might add a bit more to it. (or if i see others posting stuff, i'll add that too)

The Marine: Your basic unit. Any assault needs one, because unless you can capture their bases you attack, there's no point. Good for cannon fodder. Has air attack, but weak. Best used in mountains or forests, where it gets high terrain bonuses. (like all infantry)

The Engineer: Your engineer. This unit is built for use against the titans. It can capture mechas (titan infantry) but not underlings. Has an EMP ability that shuts down all titan units (for gameplay reasons, only and all titan units are effected) for two turns. While it can capture bases, that should be its last duty.

The Marauder: Your light ground heavy. Though it only has a repair of 1, it has two 'turns' within your turn. Basically, it can move, move/attack, or repair twice per turn. God-like against infantry, it can kill any infantry in one turn (two attacks) (if both on plains). Good as cannon fodder if you need to cover a retreat, also great for closing on artillery.

The Tank: This is, well, your tank. Though not as good as other factions', it costs less and has a decent repair rate. Very good with engineers right behind, especially against titans, where you can also utilize the EMP. Be careful against other sapiens and khralies, as it has no air attack.

The Helicopter: The only air unit of sapiens. Before the recent (as of this post) nerf of it, it was an extremely powerful unit; while many still argue that it is over powered, it is not as good as before. With a very high ground light attack (12, down from 13) it can slaughter infantry, and one-hit engineers on most terrain. Though the ground heavy attack isn't great, it's something, and the air to air is also pretty good. Use the move after attack power to take a base only guarded by an infantry, or to hit one target with many units.

The Battery: Your artillery. With a range of 3-4 and a weak defense, you'll have to keep the enemy away from it, but not too far away. As it cannot fire after moving, you'll have to sacrifice a turn in order to let your base make more units. Great for backing up tank walls.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 26, 2009 19:15

brainiac

brainiac

it is also worth noting that marines have the best air attack of all infantry (better than mechas). a marine on a mountain is equal in power to a garuda.
magic molly

magic molly

brainiac wrote: it is also worth noting that marines have the best air attack of all infantry (better than mechas). a marine on a mountain is equal in power to a garuda.

Ssshhhhh we khralie players don't want that known.
brainiac

brainiac

thats why sapiens can still beat khraleans at an aerial battle on maps with forests and mountains. on maps like harbor, mass garudas can beat mass helicopters because sapiens can't use their marines to help with being outnumbered.
[Avatar]
IzzyNobre

[Avatar]
IzzyNobre

Great post, much appreciated

I'll try some of the tips, particularly about hiding infantry in forests/mountains.
didude

didude

brainiac wrote: thats why sapiens can still beat khraleans at an aerial battle on maps with forests and mountains. on maps like harbor, mass garudas can beat mass helicopters because sapiens can't use their marines to help with being outnumbered.

Care to try that on Harbor?
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

pretty nice guide, just one nitpicky point: I will often build engineers to help repair my guys, and then use them to capture as soon as i can (as long as i have the area secured, of course, they have no defense). What i am saying, is that i often wont bother building marines, and will just capture with engineers. my thinking is that i can just build another one, and having a base is usually better than having an engineer. of course, the situation is always different, so you can never make one rule for what to do, but i dont think you should write them off as capturers.
Sphink

Sphink

I will personly will not capture anything with a races "healer" as I think it is a waste of 300cr or 500cr. First 100cr or 200cr for the credit difference for your "healer" vs "infantry" then another 200/300cr to replace the unit... As it seems you like to have a medic in your "army" at all times... Just the way I see it. I'm sure you ways better for you though... That's what makes every game different.

Edit: also I would like to say the "infantry" units are a nice addition to any armys unit compisition. They have often done things I couldn't phisicly do with another unit or to give an extra unit to attack with when your opponets heli would have ran back to heal with 1 or 2 health...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27, 2010 15:06

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I used once or twice a healer to capture, and it was a winning move, so yeah that's the only occasion when they will ever capture.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » Sapiens