[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

This post will be "work in progress", and i plan to add more FAQs later.

Is the AI the same for the offline bot and the bots in online games?
Answer: yes the AI works in the same way. The difference is that the bot get more/less credit pr bases in hard/easy mode when playing offline.

Will the bot accept peace in multiplayer games when all other human players have accepted peace?
No. The will be no peace in games containing a bot.. it never surrenders or makes peace..

Are the bots playing good?
No.. beating the bot should be fairly easy. The AI is not very smart or adaptive. In multiplayer it often convert teammates units and block own teams bases. And it has the same priority for taking a naval base as a normal base.

Why do i get so many random games i did not ask for ?
In current iOS version you can turn randoms on/off. Having it on means that you can be assigned randoms up to your max games (20) when other players ask for opponents or get free slots for random. In latest Android version you can set how many random games you want as a limit from 0-20.

What is the point range i can be paired with in randoms ?
The server will try to assign closest players as possible to your score, but can go +/- 15% from your score at max.

Do i loose less or no points if i surrender early in a rated game ?
No. Loosing in round 1 or 100 does not affect how points are assigned. The only thing that affect it is score of players when game ends. See also formula under "tips and tricks section"

To be continued

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Apr 16, 2016 08:33

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

What happens to a game with invited players that join and abandom before game starts?
The game is still there, but the abandoned slots are now open for anyone to join (unless limited by max/min when the game was made). Same apply to multiplayergames. Abandoned slots become open.

What is the "chevron" on some units after they kill another unit?
It called veterancy.
Any time a unit kill another unit, the first unit generates"points" for the kill,
The "points" gained are calculated with the following formula: unit killed cost * remaining life points/10
Examples:
kill a tank with 2 remaining life points generates: 400*2/10 = 80
kill a marine with 1 remainig life point generates 100*1/10 = 10
kill an engineer with 10 remaining life points generates 200*10/10 = 200
To get 1 chevron a unit need to generate as many points as his cost ( a marine needs 100 "points", a marauder 250, .....)
to get 2 chevrons a unit need to generate 2 times his cost ( a marine needs 200 "points", a marauder 500, ...)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29, 2013 11:44

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » Guides & Tips