[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Forcing ads on us
Forum Index » General Discussion

I love Uniwar and Javagrounds seems like a good company overall, but I am not a fan at all of being forced out of a game I've launched, into Safari, and then into the app store to see an ad for another one of your games.

Not that big a deal I guess, but still, this isn't too common of a practice and for good reason. It's annoying.
brainiac

brainiac

are you referring to the message that appeared telling us about their new game - Pocket Gold. i saw it and then hit the x and was not taken to the app store. sure it was a minor annoyance but it was not anymore intrusive than the messages about server maintenance.
rebelxt

rebelxt

This might be a little annoying but I went ahead and bough Pocket Gold without even reading what it was about Just glad to support Uniwar development indirectly since it's such a great game.
Anonymous

Anonymous
I have a few accounts I play on (just because I like a lot of games at once, not to cheat)

Last night you couldn't cancel when I logged on and it forced you to go straight to the app store

Now you seem to be able to cancel

So it was a valid complaint at the time

Meant to post that logged in since it's obvious who that was
searchlight

searchlight

I rolled my eyes at that, but it's the only time they've done it. I guess I don't mind.

It's not that big a deal if it happens once, but it's one of those things where I think something should be said, because I'd hate to see it become common practice in all my games and apps.

Forum Index » General Discussion