[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Veterancy
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Seamonster95

[Avatar]
Seamonster95

So a few of us in chat have been wondering... Does a unit gain veteran cry from damage done, units killed, credits killed or what? And also is it easier for some units to gain veterancy?

-Nessie
youownme

youownme

As I had mentioned in chat, it seems that veterancy for a 10 hp unit is determined by killing 1.5 times as many credits as you payed for it. I say credits, although I do not really mean it. The opposing unit's credits are equal to its total credits times its health percentage. So a plasma tank with 1 health is really worth 50 credits for veterancy. A marine/underling/mecha would have to kill three of them to achieve veterancy. I am trying to figure out how your own unit's health is incorporated, but it is more complex so it may take awhile.

Maybe someone else can do it, or I will tell you when I find out. I do know that a marauder with 5 health needs 260 veterancy points to gain veterancy. Thats what my tests tell me at least.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22, 2013 01:12

-_-
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

I got the answer from one of the devs:

Any time a unit kill another unit, the first unit generates"points" for the kill,
The "points" gained are calculated with the following formula: unit killed cost * remaining life points/10

Examples:
kill a tank with 2 remaining life points generates: 400*2/10 = 80
kill a marine with 1 remainig life point generates 100*1/10 = 10
kill an engineer with 10 remaining life points generates 200*10/10 = 200

To get 1 chevron a unit need to generate as many points as his cost ( a marine needs 100 "points", a marauder 250, .....)

to get 2 chevrons a unit need to generate 2 times his cost ( a marine needs 200 "points", a marauder 500, ...)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Seamonster95

[Avatar]
Seamonster95

Ahh... Thanks sims

-Nessie
[Avatar]
andrei82b

[Avatar]
andrei82b

simsverd wrote: I got the answer from one of the devs:

Any time a unit kill another unit, the first unit generates"points" for the kill,
The "points" gained are calculated with the following formula: unit killed cost * remaining life points/10

Examples:
kill a tank with 2 remaining life points generates: 400*2/10 = 80
kill a marine with 1 remainig life point generates 100*1/10 = 10
kill an engineer with 10 remaining life points generates 200*10/10 = 200

To get 1 chevron a unit need to generate as many points as his cost ( a marine needs 100 "points", a marauder 250, .....)

to get 2 chevrons a unit need to generate 2 times his cost ( a marine needs 200 "points", a marauder 500, ...)

To get one chevron a unit needs to generate MORE points than his cost.

1. Could you talk to the devs to make it "as many"? It would be a nice touch, as veterancy is so rarely obtained.

2. This one is a hard one: as veterancy is so hard to obtain, could the devs add 2 to maximum life for each chevron earned instead of one?
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Thanks sims for bringing the light to the most enigmatic aspect in Uniwar

And I agree with Andrei veteran units should have more 2hp for each promotion.
That's interesting.
Then we will have more strategy to win by utilizing special forces of veteran units.
And that doesn't add more complexity to the game since we just adjust the veterancy already exist.
[Avatar]
PurpleLlama

[Avatar]
PurpleLlama

So I have a question. I know veteran units do indeed have "special powers" like health bonuses and stuff, but is there any combat addition to the units? If so, what is it?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

starry and andrei :
i disagree on buffing veteran units more than they already are.. the extra HP is just part of what makes them better...

The number og hitpoints left are used in the attack formula
http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1354.page#top
(see value "H" in the formula)

... and even better : veteran units get 1 or 2 added to the attackbonus (see value "B" in the formula)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

So +1 attack if first level veterancy and +2 if second? cool, didn't know, but suspected.
[Avatar]
andrei82b

[Avatar]
andrei82b

waxoid wrote: So +1 attack if first level veterancy and +2 if second? cool, didn't know, but suspected.

so besides the 10% or 20% damage bonus you get from health, you also get 0.5 or 1 more hit points. that is something to consider when killing infectors with speeders

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 04, 2013 10:03

Forum Index » General Discussion