[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Titans are too good! Balance the game!
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
PurpleLlama

[Avatar]
PurpleLlama

I personally feel that Titans have a very big advantage over the other races. The Mecha is fine, the Assimilator and Speeder are perfect for Titans, and the Eclipse is very good. But the Plasma Tank is so ridiculously good. For only 500 credits, you can hold a base against 2+ enemy heavy assault units. It is too powerful for its price. The Walker is absolutely ridiculous. The Walker can take out anything, while for super cheap, you can defend it. Nothing can get by Plasma Tanks at narrow passes. I think Titans should be changed. That's just my opinion though.
J.C.

J.C.

I can show you how bad are titans on a moltitude of matchups. They are the weakest race so far, they are good only on few maps

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

J.C. is correct overall, though I'd quibble on "good only on a few maps". I'd say they win vs. saps on a majority of ranked maps, just losing where sap can win via engineer rush or awful terrain to isolate bases. There is a discussion underway to follow-up on the recent adjustment to the battery to try to keep improving sap ability to compete in matches that go to artillery face-off.

As J.C. says, be sure to play against strong players who can demonstrate just what a tightrope Titans must walk to win against a dangerous sap player, even on favorable maps.
J.C.

J.C.

Well, to be honest... You are right!

Now that i think a bit more over that, on a lot of rated maps where i played sap vs. titans, i always had to play at my best to try to do something with saps... i won some matchups and lost others, but i was playing vs. 2000-like players, so this may be why i won

PS: wax, i sent you a PM, glad to see you are here

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Well your opinion hardly matters doesn't it? xD
Players should really first try to get to 2000, THEN discuss balance. Even then they'll notice they're not exactly sure what needs to be changed or not, as there many more higher level players than you.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » New Feature Request