[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Here some suggestions
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Samoth

Samoth

Hi, Uniwar is great but it seems more to a beta version than a final version, here some suggestion to make your 4 stars game become a 5 stars game

Important:

-Submit new updates to Apple
-users map downloadable and playable offline
-able to rate user maps
-make new unities (try to play advance wars, their unities were great)
-the 1000 maps are only to play online, make them playable offline
-soldiers doesn't die after having captured a factory

Less important:

-change the menu
-ability to make user maps with a computer (additionally to device)
-extend campaign (32 levels is more than loads of other games, but it was fast to finish it)
-there are races with their own characteristics, but having different commanders with powers, abilities,... (like in advance wars) would be great
-factories wouldn't bring money, town would, and there could be different sizes of towns
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Samoth wrote:

Important:
-Submit new updates to Apple
-users map downloadable and playable offline
-able to rate user maps
-make new unities (try to play advance wars, their unities were great)
-the 1000 maps are only to play online, make them playable offline
-soldiers doesn't die after having captured a factory

Less important:
-change the menu
-ability to make user maps with a computer (additionally to device)
-extend campaign (32 levels is more than loads of other games, but it was fast to finish it)
-there are races with their own characteristics, but having different commanders with powers, abilities,... (like in advance wars) would be great
-factories wouldn't bring money, town would, and there could be different sizes of towns

Thx for your suggestions. I can answer some of them:
1. Update will come to iOS soon. Its in the works
2. Will probably be more maps to download for offline play ("map packs"). But probably not to be able to downlad any map.
3. Players above 1700 can vote up or down on maps. (game must be more than 5 rounds and not contain any bots)
4. New units will come later. But will be some time off in the future
5. same question as above
6. Soldiers go inside the factory to control the "production"

I. Change the menu? Ok. How do you think it should look ...
II. You can do this in the android version using an emulator for PC. Uninwar plays good in bluestacks on PC (you would have to pay for the Android version then). And there will in the future be a flash version of uniwar to play on PC (will come with the free version of uniwar)
III. Campaigns will come in the future. Some time ahead though.
IV. There are not planned command units.. but its a nice idea to consider for the future.
V. There are no towns in uniwar.. You just cant apply all logic in our society to a futuristic world that is not earth...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Samoth

Samoth

Why wouldn't we be able to download user maps? Other games do that and it is great: there are no limit, as many map as you want.
Why such restriction to vote?

For the menu, it's just a suggestion, I don't know what other people think but I don't really like it. But it's not the most important part of the game.

PS: Bergen really? I would have like to be there 20-25 years ago...
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

im not a dev.. so i could not answer if downloadable maps was easy to do or not.. But my guess would be that it would be a major rewrite of the game client. The (2) devs have fulltime jobs beside uniwar so i would not expect miracles anytime soon.. If you want to see what they are working on i suggest you read my post under "general" about the coming "free uniwar".

And when you say you dont like the menu, it would be nice to hear what you didnt like with current menu or even some of your ideas on how it could perhaps have been better.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Samoth

Samoth

I don't know if it would be so difficult, I'm not a dev. But it's definitely something that is missing.
Thanks, I'll check

In fact, it's the animation. The background is nice and the menu is ok, it's just the animation. But don't consider my opinion, they will not change that for me :p

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01, 2013 14:03

J.C.

J.C.

Just to place thubs up for the town-factory thing, i always wished to see such gametype added to uniwar

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
Forum Index » New Feature Request