[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Fighting vs Saps on low money maps?
Forum Index » Khraleans
[Avatar]
Toss

[Avatar]
Toss

Hi there!
Dunno if someone is still reading the topics in this thread but I'm asking fellows Khrals for an advice.
My main race are Khrals and I'm doing quite well with them, but I have a problem on low resource maps.. I mean all those maps with less than 500 credits each turn.
If I have 500+ income I mainly go Swarmers+Wyrms and the job is done nicely.. but when I dont have the resources to build my Swarmer meat-shield to protect the Wyrms I'm always get toasted.

The Sap player builds some Marines and lots of Helis (one per 2 turns) - I dont have anything at this point to counter it.. should I build more Garudas on such maps or what? Every matchup on low resource map ends with 10+ Helis - I just dont have anything to counter them (I mean Wyrms).

Cheers and thanks for any tips!
cytivrat

cytivrat

Maybe I'll ask stupid question, but I don't understand
10 Helis = 5000 credits = 2 Wyrms + 16 Swarmers (or some other proportion, but it is quite big number of units)
Why do you have problem using your usual way? Maybe the problem is not in the income nor in units you build, but in something else?
[Avatar]
Toss

[Avatar]
Toss

Well it's simple - how many Swarmers do you need to insta-kill a Heli? If I play on a map with 500+ resource per turn I can keep up in terms of "freash meat" and Sap player thinks twice before he rushes at me.
When I play on a low resource map (atm I'm playn' vs Saps on a 200 c/t map) I cant spend credits on ants (cant fire air) and I can build one Swarmer per two turns.
My Sap enemy can build one Heli each 3 turns and You do know that one or two Swarmers will get crushed by a Heli.

There's my prob. - to fight vs Helis I need more units and I cant afford them. Sap can build Helis and easy rush into my bases becouse I wont have anything to defend against it. Im trying to build more Garudas in that 200 credit map.. dunno if it will work.
J.C.

J.C.

Go with garudas if he spams helis. To instant kill an heli with swarmers and perfect gangup i think you will need 5 or 6 swarmers, but you will sacrify 1 or 2.

in my idea, low income should advantage more khra, since sapiens will most likely use helis that cost more than garudas. but if the map has loads of mountains or forests he will spam also marines.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
regard87

regard87

You absolutely use Garudas to counter Helis, their perfect for that and thatll punish a Sap player who gets too Heli-happy every time.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
Tomegun23

Tomegun23

I also agree, I'm khra as well and fighting sap on small maps/ low income (200/turn) is just ridiculously op. 1 heli in 3 turns - 1 garuda or swarmer per 2 turns is a loss waiting to happen.
If they go double murauder open they usually drive across the whole map to kill the first swarmers it's a nightmare from the start and has nothing to do with skill just saps are still op. Ever wonder why 8 of the top 10 players in solo rank are sap?
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

What map? Im game to run a test to see what works. Send an invite to volf
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Sap still beat khral overall and I'd agree they do so more effectively on low credit maps. So there isn't any magic answer, just as there isn't any magic answer to how to get sap to survive against Titans on the wide range of maps that favor walker+plasma+speeder spam vs. saps. Helis behind marines mean that helis are getting free hits on ants and then protecting themselves. But for each heli you have two swarmers so if you can hide them behind ants, then you are doing free damage to marines just as the heli is doing free damage to your ants. What you build will be in response to what sap builds to some degree, if heavier marine-to-heli ratio then you can probably hide swarmers better like this, and Garuda are less useful due to marines. If higher heli-to-marine ratio, then the odd Garuda becomes a threat to counter-hit a heli and allow a +3 gangup hit from a swarmer (2-3 damage) and possible heli kills. But be careful just wounding heli with Garuda and losing the Garuda while heli heals. That said exchanges that extend the match allow you to build up more of a mass of khral units, at which point you can more effectively bring out infectors and threaten plague. When there is big buildup of khral vs. sap plague gets much more effective as it spreads to so many units.
Forum Index » Khraleans