[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
"tits" are cencored?
Forum Index » General Discussion
Beamboom

Beamboom

You gotta be ******* kidding me. God **** morons.

Cencor THIS, *******.

................ ....../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`· ¸
........../'/.../..../...... ./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................' ...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\............. \...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 19, 2013 00:18

[Avatar]
PurpleLlama

[Avatar]
PurpleLlama

yes, why wouldnt tits be censored? they put in the filter to stop use of vulgar and inappropriate words
J.C.

J.C.

I wish we could give permanent bans.

Anyway, PurpleLlama, the filter was introduced to prevent kids and failed guys to have fun of the chat, randomly spamming insults at whoever. The list of words is way larger than it should be, that's right, but i can't disagree with the aim.

To go back to this guy, Beamboom, there are more efficient and polite ways to say what you think, in this way you just get a bad reputation and you will never get heard by those who can remove the filter.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 19, 2013 04:08

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
Beamboom

Beamboom

So you seriously think "tits" is vulgar, PurpleLlama? I mean, seriously?

J.C., I take for granted that the devs have already received plenty complains about this bullshit. And I really don't care what some prudes around here may think of me. We are a good group of friends playing this game, and the only reputation I care about is the reputation I got amongst them, thankyouverymuch.
But I am surprised to see is that it apparently exist people actually thinking it's all cool having their conversations being watched over like they were some friggin' preteen boys.

This whole word filter thing is seriously starting to get on my nerves now (that much should be obvious to all), but at the very least I can relate to why the most obvious swear words were blocked. But to block words like "tits"? What kind of an idiot inserted words like that into the blacklist to begin with? Who on Gods green earth would be offended if I said "this match is really starting to get on my tits"?! I mean, come ON! If anyone - ANYONE, and I don't care about their age, religious beliefs or land of origin - if ANYONE gets offended by such an uttering, well then they really should be shielded from the rest of humanity and modern society cause they are flat out nutters.

The only sane way to implement this childcare is to let the word filtering happen client-side with an option to disable in the settings. The way it works today is just provocative and of great annoyance during conversations, when we gotta talk like we were having a conversation in a damn day care center.

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at Jul 19, 2013 12:47

Beamboom

Beamboom

Sorry, double post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 19, 2013 11:24

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Hello beamboom.
The server is ofc seeing all messages.. so all conversations is then in a way monitored. The so called filter is a list of words (profanities) that the devs ot somewhere. They did not make the list.
One of the main aims of the filter was to automatically moderate the chat because the devs dont have time to manually do so.
As the list is now its probably counter productive - most of the words (90%+) are not needed to block.
I really hope they go for manual moderation instead, preferably as a community effort (moderators).

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
PurpleLlama

[Avatar]
PurpleLlama

beamboom, did I say it was vulgar? no, I did not. now stop posting dumb things that do nothing but make you look bad.
J.C.

J.C.

I should be more clear.

1) About my concerns on the fitler
I repeat I don't like the filter, I didn't support it when they wanted to introduce it and clearly told them that there wasn't any need to make it. There was the need to preven spammers from insult each other in global chat, but this was not the fix. Also, I was asked to give them some feedback on the filter, obviously i told them that nobody would have liked it.

2) About in-game chat
I don't know why did they decide to filter also private chats, since there wasn't any need. The only thing that I can imagine is that they didn't have time to limit the filter to public chat only. I will try to discuss it again with them, hopefully they will change their idea.

3) About the possibility to read your private conversations
Nobody can read what you write in the in-game chat, except the players in the game, of course. I asked to the devs once, at this purpose, and they told me that also for them it would be problematic to read chats (they can, but it takes a lot of time);

4)About the filter being moved to client to activate-deactivate it
I support this thing, but i feel it will be problematic. I guess (it's just a guess, I don't know really how does it work) that the filter is just a combination of a string tokeniser and an if-else statement: if one of the banned words is found, it is replaced by asterisks and then the message is added to the chat. I already asked to move the filter client-side it to the devs some months ago, in order to let people decide whether to enable or disable it.

5) About the list of words
The devs didn't make the list on their own: they took a list already made and used it. I agree that it contains words that should not be censored, because they are not offensive. To support your statement, one of the races is called "titans": they are usually shortened in "tits", and that's really annoying if you can't write it.

6) About human moderation
I have never supported filter (and simsverd can confirm), we asked the devs to implement human moderation of the global chat. They said they want to make it, but that it will require time and that this filter is just a temporary measure. Actually, i think that there are more important things they work on, like map editor for iOs users and free version, so I think I can wait a bit for that.

Test my maps:
1-on-1

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
J.C.

J.C.

7) About you
I left this point as last since it is the most important.

Maybe you don't care about anyone else playing this game; I'm ok with this.
Maybe you only care about your "good friends" playing this game; I'm still ok with this.
Maybe you think you can do whatever you want; I'm not ok with this;

Please avoid such posts in future, where you just spam insults. They are not polite, not respectful and are not of any use for those who read the forum. And for sure they will not change the mind of the devs about this topic, they may lead to a filter of the forum as well.

I am not the moderator of the forum, it's just a kind suggestion.

Test my maps:
1-on-1

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
regard87

regard87

What a childish thing to cry about. Like anyone needs to be able to say the word tit.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
Caack

Caack

Just read this post. JC now I know why you asked me if I was beamboom. I thought the middle fInger "censor this" was funny but otherwise beamboom is a crybaby jerk.
[Avatar]
Seamonster95

[Avatar]
Seamonster95

Tits is* censored.

-Nessie
Forum Index » General Discussion